Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet drop?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 29, 2010
I heard that somewhere along the ling in Grizzleheim, there's a pet drop quest... or maybe more then one, I wasn't sure on that. Anyway, when is it and what is the pet that gets dropped?
Yeah, I know, it's supposed to be sort of a surprise, but I'm curious. I'm the type who snoops for birthday/christmas presents too haha I'm collecting the pets from different worlds, so I'm just wondering!
(It would make my day if it's those really tiny, fat bears you see waddling around in Northguard ;) They're cute!)

Pets are not guaranteed drops from any creature in the Spiral.

You will receive a pet upon completion of Penny Dreadful's quests.
You will receive a pet upon completion of the Pet Pavilion entry quest from Merle.
You will receive a pet upon completion of your level 48 spell quest.

The rest, are just lucky drops.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Hero
May 27, 2009
Several of the bosses in Grizzleheim drop pets. Most of them are higher level bosses in Ravenscar or Nidavellir, but you can get one that I know of in Vigrid Roughlands at level 25.

Hope this helps.

Explorer
Jun 14, 2009
Willowdreamer wrote:
Several of the bosses in Grizzleheim drop pets. Most of them are higher level bosses in Ravenscar or Nidavellir, but you can get one that I know of in Vigrid Roughlands at level 25.

Hope this helps.

In Nidavellir, there is a boss who drops the zombie pet. I got it on my first try! There is a pet you get from rattlebones in unicorn way(EASYEST FARM EVER).

Survivor
Aug 19, 2010
sbs5000 wrote:
Willowdreamer wrote:

Hope this helps.

In Nidavellir, there is a boss who drops the zombie pet. I got it on my first try! There is a pet you get from rattlebones in unicorn way(EASYEST FARM EVER).

so can any one tell me were i can get a ice hoound? i have seen them befor

Explorer
Jun 14, 2009
SAMY00006 wrote:
sbs5000 wrote:
Willowdreamer wrote:

Hope this helps.

so can any one tell me were i can get a ice hoound? i have seen them befor

There is the hybrid ice hound, and there is the retired ice hound. You might get an ice hound if you hatch a ortheres and ice collosses. Both of those are lvl 48 pets. Only ice wizards get the ice collosses, and only myth wizards can get the ortheres(like me, I have one!). It costs about 40,000 gold per person. The retired ice hound is not available anymore.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
i am just asking if there is any pets you can ride on cause i have no idea how to get them