Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School Specific Crafting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
I'm interested in crafting some Balance spells. I went to the Balance Tree (Niles?) and tried to buy a recipe. It won't let me and states that all of the spells are for Balance only. Why would a Balance person need to craft Balance spells? This does not make sense to me. So my only option is to by the spell at the bazaar since it is a spell that is not sold by the librarian?

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
Tholstar wrote:
I'm interested in crafting some Balance spells. I went to the Balance Tree (Niles?) and tried to buy a recipe. It won't let me and states that all of the spells are for Balance only. Why would a Balance person need to craft Balance spells? This does not make sense to me. So my only option is to by the spell at the bazaar since it is a spell that is not sold by the librarian?

I agree with you. I want to do some crafting myself but I already have all my school spells

Hero
May 27, 2009
It has been that way ever since Crafting came out. Many people have asked why, and complained that it should be different, but it is what it is.

Most people only craft the treasure cards they need for other recipes. There are few that are worth the trouble to craft them to sell for gold at the Bazaar.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
I suspect that KI wanted to put some sort of effective 'cap' on treasure cards, to make certain that the higher ranked cards remain relatively rare in the game.

It's the same issue of why they cut trading of 'enchanted' treasure cards - they were too easy to exploit in PvP.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
Talance3 wrote:
I suspect that KI wanted to put some sort of effective 'cap' on treasure cards, to make certain that the higher ranked cards remain relatively rare in the game.

It's the same issue of why they cut trading of 'enchanted' treasure cards - they were too easy to exploit in PvP.

I totally agree about the exploitation of the enchanted cards. I still face people in the arena who stocked up on them before the fix was put in place and I don't think it's fair that they got to keep them. Those of us with newer characters have little defense against a Life character who can Bolt.

Anyway, as far as crafting spells goes, I find that crafting is very tedious and/or expensive, so it seems natural to me to allow us to craft spells from other schools. I think most of us would not end up crafting all that many due to the time and cost.

Same goes for crafting clothes. I never understood why crafted clothes were weaker than crown clothes. Anyone can plop $10 down for crowns, but a huge amount of work and time goes into crafting some of those clothes and KI could even make it more difficult thereby making the clothes more rare.

Just my $.02

Defender
May 31, 2010
What we do need , is a better way to trade crafted treasure cards. I know of other fan sites that do have boards for trading cards , but I just want an area I can run to in the game , and chat with other treasure card traders. Most of my friends in the game , are not into crafting. So it has been difficult to find the cards I need for certain recipes , at this point , I think it would just be easier to create new wizards and have them do the crafting quest , then trade the cards between my accounts using a friend to act as a go between.
We have a pet pavillion area for getting together and hatching , wonder if we can put together an area for trading those cards. Get all those crafters together ?

I have crafted clothes for my other wizards that I am leveling , I dont know about them being weaker , they are just a little different. I dont plan on spending cash to pay for crown gear. The level 15 gear I crafted for my storm/death wizard cost about 1k gold to create and gives her 158 health, 15 death strength, 6 storm strength and 2 storm accuracy. That 15 death strength is extremely helpful considering storm's low health points and fizzle rate. I couldn't find anything better at the bazaar for that price. It didnt take long to create. The 1k I spent were for extra reagents I needed that I didnt have on me at the time.
So far I have been enjoying the crafting part of the game , and I do understand how crafting cards from other schools could be exploited , but for storm wizards it can be even more diffcult . Storm wizards can not craft the windstorm TC or the Stormzilla TC without first needing to find a Tempest TC. Tempest can not be crafted or bought. The only way for storm wizards to make these cards is to find a boss who drops this card and farm him ,, or sit at the bazaar for days hoping a tempest TC is put up for sale. None of the other schools have to deal with this , don't know why they chose to give storm wizards the added grief and difficulty.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
I would like to be able to craft cards for spells I trained for in other schools. Seems like a rip.

I'm Death, I bet many people would like to be able to make the Treasure Card version of Feint. I have NEVER seen it in the bazaar.

Anybody come to the conclusion I did that its just not worth trying to find someone from another school to swap Treasure Cards with?

Hero
May 27, 2009
I just crafted and sold three Feint cards at the Bazaar this morning. If you don't buy ingredients that you don't have to, it's not too expensive.

Unfortunately, trading of cards has been tainted by the scammers. I have wizards who craft in every school, and would be glad to trade cards to players who need them.

I agree that needing Tempest to craft Stormzilla is not cool. I also think that requiring a Balance wizard to use a Balanceblade to make Spirit Blades or Elemental Blades is a bit much as well. Most people I know would rather have the Balanceblade.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Sell Feint at the Bazaar? Getting Diamond (or Ore to transmute) and Lava Lily takes too much of my time, Feint Treasure card only goes to friends.

Hero
May 27, 2009
I picture a kid sitting at his computer, yelling "Wow, a Feint Treasure Card! You never see those!" and buying it. Same reason I craft and sell Satyrs and every now and then a Balanceblade. None of my friends seem to want Treasure Cards, as they already have plenty of their own.