Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Constantly Going Linkdead

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
Is being endlessly disconnected a known problem or are there any setting tweaks I can do to keep it from happening all the time? I have a good solid broadband connection and a good computer but can't seem to stay in the game for very long. Any suggestions?

This is why we have wonderful Technical Support!

If you're having technical issues with the game, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com.
The email you send from should be the same as the email on your Wizard101 account.

Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
This seems to happen a lot late at night. I tend to play on the perfect realms so as to avoid a lot of traffic. Usually when I'm playing late on the weekends I get bumped at about 1am. I think this is because KI is dropping realms to save power when there are fewer gamers on.

Defender
Jan 25, 2010
I had this problem and I'm on a 100MBPS fiber optic connection so I found out that my antivirus was causing this as it literally hogged the internet connection for itself while checking for updates and downloading virus definitions.

Use a network traffic monitor to log you traffic then when this happens again quickly shut off the monitor and look at your traffic log near the end of the list and you might be able to see what is causing this.

I use SmartSniff by Nirsoft, a well known and trusted source..