Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quests should be removed

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
While i am not against free play, I just dont think it is a good thing to tie questing into the free play areas, Why? Because in the free play areas you have more players than any place in the game, and as everyone crowds around an opponent to defeat it, the one that has to do this as a quest often can not advance with no place to fight. I find the game too small at times because of excessive players in a certain area and it usually is in the free areas. Once they complete their quest they continue to fight over and over filling a spot someone needs to continue their questing.
I went to all realms and found no opening so I had to leave game and perhaps return another time. Yes I could go do other things, but when i come back will there be an opening? This is why i feel certain quests should be removed or changed to avoid those crowded places where no openings are available. This is all due to the free play areas. dont have this problem any other place in game except one and that is snowcrusher, his spots are full in every realm. Not complaining, just pointing out to game there is bottlenecks in the game that need to be relieved.
Far as lower players being able to port to higher worlds, I think that you should be able to port to your next world ahead of you like if in Kroctopia you should be able to port to marleybone but not moo shu Too many players with 900 in health show up to fight snowcrusher, and this leaves a burden on others to try and keep this player alive. If you were in Moo shu your health would perhaps support the hits in DS, so only the next world ahead of you and not all of them. I have played here over a year now and watched this game change, some changes i like some I dont, I remember when filling a Mana bottle was 100 in Gold so go see how it has changed now. I remember when you could make Gold rather easily, now it is a struggle. I have stop playing certain places of the game because of the struggel it creates.
I wish Game could return to those days when i first joined here, but I know what is ahead here and I see it more and more, and soon it will be beyond a struggle and just a complete hardship. when this occurs, decisions will have to be made.
Remember that players of games look for "rewards" when there is "little" to NO reward for their playing they will look at the game very differently. Soon deciding what to do about it. As I told the game before when there is no rewards in Hatching but getting same pet this is not good. Looking back on all the fights you had to do to get that gold and you got nothing in return, same pet, this is not good for players.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2010
Delver
Jul 04, 2010
I would be happy if the kraken was placed inside a normal boss room with sigals so that instead of an open area so that people who are actually doing that quest can do it without needing to wait for the farmers to finish or the need to change realms.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
DarkBlood1, can you even say something good about this game?
Without quests this game is not worth paying for.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Removing quests from free play is eliminating a large part of the reason for those people to play the game and would probably discourage many of them from becoming subscribers.

If you can't get into a battle because of players farming, you should stand in the area that the enemy shows up at until you get drawn into the battle. Eventually, you'll get your chance.

Survivor
May 15, 2009
Thekracken. there are ALWAYS people there. sometimes just standing there when he is killed. like waiting for him to just port back. i try to tell them to gt back on teleporter and come back, but most of time its menu chat people i see doing this.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
yes, when i have to beat the kraken for quests, it angers me, as there are high levels that go there just to farm. Then there are the menu chat people, who cant understand you and will not leave for the kraken to regenerate under any circumstances, leaving you to step on te teleporter, and, by the time you go back, the slots are once again TAKEN.

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
I would like to see preference given to folks with the quest. If there are people farming and someone with a quest to that NPC comes up. They get drawn in first.
*edit for typo*
Megan

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
Darkblood1 wrote:
While i am not against free play, I just dont think it is a good thing to tie questing into the free play areas, Why? Because in the free play areas you have more players than any place in the game, and as everyone crowds around an opponent to defeat it, the one that has to do this as a quest often can not advance with no place to fight. I find the game too small at times because of excessive players in a certain area and it usually is in the free areas. Once they complete their quest they continue to fight over and over filling a spot someone needs to continue their questing.
I went to all realms and found no opening so I had to leave game and perhaps return another time. Yes I could go do other things, but when i come back will there be an opening? This is why i feel certain quests should be removed or changed to avoid those crowded places where no openings are available. This is all due to the free play areas. dont have this problem any other place in game except one and that is snowcrusher, his spots are full in every realm. Not complaining, just pointing out to game there is bottlenecks in the game that need to be relieved.
Far as lower players being able to port to higher worlds, I think that you should be able to port to your next world ahead of you like if in Kroctopia you should be able to port to marleybone but not moo shu Too many players with 900 in health show up to fight snowcrusher, and this leaves a burden on others to try and keep this player alive. If you were in Moo shu your health would perhaps support the hits in DS, so only the next world ahead of you and not all of them. I have played here over a year now and watched this game change, some changes i like some I dont, I remember when filling a Mana bottle was 100 in Gold so go see how it has changed now. I remember when you could make Gold rather easily, now it is a struggle. I have stop playing certain places of the game because of the struggel it creates.
I wish Game could return to those days when i first joined here, but I know what is ahead here and I see it more and more, and soon it will be beyond a struggle and just a complete hardship. when this occurs, decisions will have to be made.
Remember that players of games look for "rewards" when there is "little" to NO reward for their playing they will look at the game very differently. Soon deciding what to do about it. As I told the game before when there is no rewards in Hatching but getting same pet this is not good. Looking back on all the fights you had to do to get that gold and you got nothing in return, same pet, this is not good for players.
Quests are a huge part of the game! Why remove them? Then there would be only one badge.Also, to get into a Pet pavillion,you got to be level 7 then merle calls you for a quest,Every stundent gets called by the life teacher at level 12 for gardening,and when you finish the final countdown quest in dragonspyre and atleast level 48, merle calls you for an important quest.DarkBlood1, can you even say something good about this game?
Without quests this game is not worth paying for.

Yeah, I payed for this game for a 6 month sub just to have lots of fun.So that means DarkBlood1 doesnt want fun.Removing quests from free play is eliminating a large part of the reason for those people to play the game and would probably discourage many of them from becoming subscribers.

If you can't get into a battle because of players farming, you should stand in the area that the enemy shows up at until you get drawn into the battle. Eventually, you'll get your chance.
It does take away a large part of the game.Quests and sidequests.It also means no worlds in Wizard101.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2010
SO us high lvls r only going there to get xp? that IS true but we have reasons. like the quests are REALLY hard sometimes but we only need like 100 xp and the kraken gives you like 150 xp so ya. what would you do?

Survivor
Nov 14, 2010
Personally I would to see more quests in all areas!
It might eliminate some of the crowding and farming if there were more chances to get exp. at all levels