Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Running on VISTA64 ...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 22, 2008
Does anyone run this game on Vista64?
I have problems simply to start it. and one time I am lucky to get to character selection, my character can not enter the world.

Any suggestions?

Thx.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
I run on Vista.I figure most of my problems are VISTA related like game quitting to an error log.Only one time i got some popup after the game exited that looked like it was a feedback log from wizards,but it may have just been a microsoft feedback log.Anyhow i sent it in,to where ever it went microsoft or kingsisle.

Other than the few game exits,it runs pretty good with not many problems.
If you can not even start the game,then it sounds like your typical driver problems.Usually the sound files are the first to load up,so perhaps your sound driver or as usual your video driver is no good.Try an updated video driver first.Do be careful,most sound cards are built in and you can't just guess or use any sound driver.If you have an after market card like a sound blaster,then yes it may very well be the problem with vista,as they NEVER had a proper working driver last i checked about 5 months ago.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2008
pmadcat wrote:
Does anyone run this game on Vista64?
I have problems simply to start it. and one time I am lucky to get to character selection, my character can not enter the world.

Any suggestions?

Thx.

Running on Vista 64 here - I have no problems getting in *if* I can get the client loaded.

Found a workaround for my issue of it crashing after selecting play - copy the data folder elsewhere on your computer. Uninstall the game, reinstall and then copy the data folder back in.

Try that perhaps?

Developer
We used to have an issue that was solved by right-clicking the Play Wizard101 icon and selecting Run As Administrator, but I believe this problem is now solved. If your original download is old you may want to reinstall once and that should solve it forever.

This may not be your problem, so post again if you're still having problems.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2008
Thanks for the response, Moolinda. I got a response to my help ticket about it and I've just updated it with some new information.

Unfortunately, I'm still having the issue - it has migrated to my laptop now, also a Vista64 machine.

The user accounts on both computers are administrator accounts so it's already running as the administrator. :)

I've also tried compatibililty mode on both and not much luck there either.