Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Centaur pet?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 07, 2009
As a lot of people know, life has many heal spells. Our only strong attack is centaur. So, instead of having a satyr pet, how about a centaur pet? With the centaur we could have new hybrid pets. 8)

Respond asap,
Jason 8)

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Defender
Aug 30, 2009
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I see a lot of life players opting for the life minotaur pet. It is a shame that the only way to get pip chance on it is to mix it and hope it manifests. As far as satyr goes, I refuse to use it as a pet for my life character as additional healing cards are the last thing that I need. At least with minotaur I can punch through a life or tower shield or both and still do damage on the return hit (too bad I have to double trap up and convert up against life targets).

Survivor
May 09, 2010
That's exactly what I did, i mixed my minotaur with my life bat and got 4% power pip on the minotaur and a 5% life shot. I didn't mind spending the time training, when the results were worth it, especially in the earlier levels.

This is when the hatching process is worth the time and gold.

I used the minotaur until I reached level 48 and I got my satyr.

The satyr is the superior pet, at least in the stats range. I would have to hatch another minotaur in order to get the same stats; maybe several times. It's not worth to me, but it was hard to give up that minotaur.

It was more important for me to have a pet, regardless of what card it gives, that increases the overall underlying power of the character.

That being said, I agree with you that another strong attack would be more helpful than another heal...let's not mention the lack of an AOE spell.

Death was my best wizard by far, but I think a life wizard with an AOE spell on par with a scarecrow; even Power Nova would make life one of the most complete wizards in total.