Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
I really dont mind little people coming in to battle with me. I think it is kind of cool seeing little people running around having fun in high lvl places . It is funny seeing them try to kill the ds monsters . This is just my way of saying pls dont change it i like lvling my low lvl people in mb. From deathwish aka alyssa deathflame peace out

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
I think that you should let people go to all the other lands becouse I need to cach up im a levl 16 and i need more qests

Defender
May 28, 2009
Am I the only one who is starting to think all the people who say "no" ARE the low levels that still want it to be off. I been reading a lot of pages and realized that. Also if anything maybe low levels should be allowed only in commons area. Also here's another idea for all those people who want their lower level friends help. What if there was a "invite to battle" button? You would be able to press this when INSIDE the little boss area. They will not be able to leave. That will solve the problem of irritating porting and let people still help them. Thanks for reading!

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
First of all - I just want to remind everyone it's just a discussion topic ::grin::. We haven't made any decisions one way or another on it. Any changes we make won't be this update, or probably the next. Please don't get too bent out of shape one way or the other. I can definitely see this is a hot button item and people have good feedback on both sides. We are not going to make any snap judgments.
Multiple:

Do you want "Name of character" level "whatever" to teleport to you?

--This was one of my favorite ideas of the bunch. Greyrose also passed an idea along to me - if you don't have access to the world, and you are defeated or log out, you are transported back to The Commons. This seems like it would eliminate the person who got lucky teleporting to someone and is running around jumping in battles causing trouble while still allowing people who are truly asking for help or wanting to play together. I can see this as 3 options for teleports (on, off, and request confirmation), as having to wait for a "YES" every time might get tiresome depending on how you play.

Please continue the discussion! I'm still making my way through the 49 pages but wanted to get the discussion started.

It simply will not work. The whole reason the problem exists is that some people do not care who is on their friends list, or what they do. These same people will continue to allow everyone to port unabated,and keep causing the problems that have become a huge game issue.

Survivor
May 17, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:

Below, I'll pick out a few ideas I thought were interesting and discuss.

Firefan02:
I would like to see the mark spot feature, side quests, and drops all tied to the Spiral Key. If you don't hold a key you cannot mark spot, get side quests or get drops (amulets, pets, rings, athames,hats, boots or robes). Have XP and gold at the same level as the highest Spiral Key a wizard holds . This allows porting to see the world, gives some benefits. But, keeps the best benefits off limits until you actually get there and are powerful enough to do it alone.

--This is not a bad idea, however, it does seem a little restrictive. I don't mind the quests and mark spot tied to access, but honestly? I think that majority of the drops that give you the most benefit are level restricted and don't do you much good until you're of the proper level anyway. And if you do something risky (aka, teleport to a world that's WAY above your head), you should reap some uber cool rewards.

Multiple:
Teleporting one world ahead.

--Not a bad idea either but major programming juju to make happen.

Multiple:

--This was one of my favorite ideas of the bunch. Greyrose also passed an idea along to me - if you don't have access to the world, and you are defeated or log out, you are transported back to The Commons. This seems like it would eliminate the person who got lucky teleporting to someone and is running around jumping in battles causing trouble while still allowing people who are truly asking for help or wanting to play together. I can see this as 3 options for teleports (on, off, and request confirmation), as having to wait for a "YES" every time might get tiresome depending on how you play.

Please continue the discussion! I'm still making my way through the 49 pages but wanted to get the discussion started.

I have been reading more posts since I made my post earlier and just came across this one, sounds like Greyrose and I were thinking along the same lines! I wanted to add that I also LOVE the idea of being able to approve someone that wants to port to you, as far as it becoming a nuicance, to those who would allow everyone you could give an option for people to have an "auto yes" in thier options menu, and I think I noticed that some people mentioned a time limit for your answer, if you choose to screen each one, but you have one you don't answer for some reason then send a "sorry this wizard is busy" message to the other wizard or a "try again" message, perhaps have the reply be an option as well? I think that the teleport request option is a wonderful idea along with auto porting the "unearned" wizard back to where they were or the closest accessable common area at the end of the battle in question would be the best and assumably the easiest route for all involved.

As far as your opinion about limiting drops, they may not be able to use some items but they can sell alot of them, I don't know how much that would effect the economy of the game but it might be worth looking in to, conserning the bazzaar in wizard city of course. I do like the idea of only giving them what they would earn anywhere else, but it seems like that would be very difficult to impliment. Just my thoughts, curious to read others though!

Survivor
Jul 01, 2008

I think it should stay the way it's always been.

So many of the things that are being attributed to lower level players have nothing to do with level, but are simply bad/selfish/inconsiderate players. Putting a lock on worlds will not change that, and the problem will continue - just without lower levels to blame for it. Penalizing good players, considerate players and family players for the bad behavior of a few rogues is not a family-friendly solution.

We can all control what friends we wish to play with, and we all enjoy that no one can tell us who we can or can't play with. Instituting locks on worlds is sort of like telling someone else what they can do in their own game, when really it's their game to play. There are inconsiderate players in every MMO out there, and putting locks on worlds isn't really going to change that. It's just going to change who we blame it on, and people are still going to want KI to control everybody else to conform to their personal requirements - which is unrealistic in any social setting. You're never going to be able to control everyone's behavior and please everyone all at the same time.

The best that we can do is control what we do as individual players and respect that others have the right to do the same. The flexibility of being able to play the game completely different every time is one of the greatest things about it. I remember the battle lock discussion back in beta, and it had nothing to do with lower levels, did it? This is an issue that has been around a long time. Some different tools or a change in the way that the game handles adding monsters might change some of that.

Of course the Plaza of Conquests greed will never go away. We need more room to play, we really do. Room for everybody to belong. Look at what's happening because of it.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
i hope everyone who voted no reads this ok they should be able to but if you dont want them porting to you TURN OFF YOUR PORTS duh

Survivor
May 28, 2010
:? No Please. I'm a grand master myself, And ill be fighting some big bosses in the Forum... The last thing i want to see is a newbie fighting the same boss and power leveling. Worlds should be EARNED. not by porting. Especially when Celestia Releases I would LOVE to have a low level FREE zone.

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
I think that lower level wizards should be aloud to port to the commons area ONLY in an advanced world. They shouldn't be aloud to go on the streets.

Catherine Windrider Lvl 50 Balance

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:
First of all - I just want to remind everyone it's just a discussion topic ::grin::. We haven't made any decisions one way or another on it. Any changes we make won't be this update, or probably the next. Please don't get too bent out of shape one way or the other. I can definitely see this is a hot button item and people have good feedback on both sides. We are not going to make any snap judgments.

Below, I'll pick out a few ideas I thought were interesting and discuss.

Firefan02:
I would like to see the mark spot feature, side quests, and drops all tied to the Spiral Key. If you don't hold a key you cannot mark spot, get side quests or get drops (amulets, pets, rings, athames,hats, boots or robes). Have XP and gold at the same level as the highest Spiral Key a wizard holds . This allows porting to see the world, gives some benefits. But, keeps the best benefits off limits until you actually get there and are powerful enough to do it alone.

--This is not a bad idea, however, it does seem a little restrictive. I don't mind the quests and mark spot tied to access, but honestly? I think that majority of the drops that give you the most benefit are level restricted and don't do you much good until you're of the proper level anyway. And if you do something risky (aka, teleport to a world that's WAY above your head), you should reap some uber cool rewards.

Professor Falmea --I appreciate your feedback on my idea. I agree my no drops is very restrictive. My thought process did not logic through all the implications. Those helping should be rewarded regardless of level for their time and help. Please modify my idea to the Spiral Key stuff.

I also know rude behavior causes many complaints. I ask everyone to remember someone who is rude at level 5 more likely than not will be rude at level 55. This is a player thing not a level thing.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2010
Not allowing will cause some issues, especially with friends helping friends. One of the reasons this is a fun place to be is because of friends. I want to keep it going.

How about making "join a group" feature the requirement to join a battle that is in levels higher than you have access to? In other words, if you are not part of the gang with at least one other player who has the right to be there, you (the low level player who doesn't have access to that world on your own) don't have the right to join a battle that is going on.

On the other hand people who have the right to be there can jump in any battle as now. This may eliminate unwanted port-ins in middle of a battle, and make the key person responsible for bringing someone in.

The issues I find are those who have restricted chat, and are low-level "noob" that has no idea how to fight high level bosses and monsters, because you can't tell them your battle plan.

Hope this helps.

Survivor
May 09, 2009
(First of all, yes, there is another reply posted from this same account; My little brother and I share.)

I believe that putting 'world-locks' in so that you cannot teleport to higher-level worlds (and friends) would be removing a vital part of the game experience. This ability has always been an important part of the overall fun and excitement of wizard101. Helping higher-level friends in awesome new worlds helps break up the easier or less impressive quests that you sometimes get as a novice.

It is true that the occasional lvl 5 wizard may kill you in dragonspyre or mooshu, but if you are worried about that, i suppose you could avoid it by declining friendship to wizards under a certain level.

Another 'up' for the high-lvl wizard, is that if they have full potions when they enter the battle, they can flee when they die, fill up, and teleport back to you with full health and mana! Or their presence could allow you to do the same (if you hurry!).
If nothing else, they will help divide up the monsters' wrath, and have a great time to boot. :-)

All in all, I would strongly advise against changing the present policies of teleportation.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
Firefan02 wrote:
Yes with some changes.

Another idea is the lower level person has to be with a friend (that holds a Spiral Key to the area) and can only fight if their friend is engaged in a battle with them.

What annoys me is when lower level wizards port in mark a spot and return over and over to farm or they get side quests to level up faster in higher level worlds. Both of those can be done in a wizards current world, just not as fast.

I am sad it has come to this point.

Megan F
Megan D

THIS.

Although, I'd go a little further. Personally--I'd like it if when a lower level wizard ported into a world they did not have legitimate access to yet, that they ghosted. So they could not interfere--AT ALL--with those who are questing there. They can have a look around, sure, if they want. But I don't think they should be allowed to interact with monsters that are above their fighting ability, or acquire quests that "boost" their XP ahead of schedule.

I've got 6 wizards, 5 grandmasters, and I did it the way it was meant to be done. Often, when I'm in Dragonspyre or the upper levels of Grizzleheim and younger wizards port, I get stuck with the mess to clean up when they freak out over the monster's health and flee, or get themselves killed and expect me to heal them. I find that rude and a menace and I don't want to deal with it. I've been forced to remove friends and ignore people for no other reason than for their penchant for porting in and getting me stuck with more monsters than i can handle.

Community Leader
Multiple:

Professor Falmea
I really like these ones :) It still gives the option for families to play together ,but at the same time makes it so the higher level players who don't like low levels around an option too.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
I don't believe lower level wizards should be allowed to go to worlds they have not earned through the storyline.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2008
I have seen a problem in this. I've had the experience to such as when i'm about to finish this really hard battle, a level 1 or so and so level, joins. Then i have to do it again, and i'm already say down a ton of lives. What i think, when it says port to a friend, they don't have access to yet, after they say yes to the port thing it will say "Will you ask this wizard if you can come along to a dangerous place that you don't have access to. Because it will make it a whole lot easier.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Hootfl61 wrote:
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi folks! It's that time again...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in the game get a peek-see at new sights, and even get an extra jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?

Well a bunch of my fellow wizards have talked about this before. I do not think that they sould be allowed to venture into areas they are not ready for yet. I had to ask for help a few times with a lvl 48 school quest to get to the area, I think thats ok. But for the ones that "annoy" you while battling high lvl monsters, port in with others then jump into a fight they have no business jumping into they are just asking f or trouble in more ways than one.
i think wizards should be alowd to enter worlds they have earned because when i could not enter mooshu or dragonspyre my friends wanted me to help them and i duid need help from friends that could not go to those places ether

grandmaster necromancer morgrim battleshade

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I believe the teleport prompt idea, while good in theory, will be rather annoying in game. My True Friends and I port to each other all the time, to restock on mana, hp, sell goods, etc. I really don’t want to have to click ‘yes’ every time they pop in and out. Also, the popup might appear right when I click on a mob, thus either missing my target and potentially my turn or give a reply I did not intend.

Devin Darksong – Grandmaster Necromancer – lvl 50 Death
Digby Darksong – Grandmaster Theurgist – lvl 50 Life
Duncan Darksong – Grandmaster Sorcerer – lvl 50 Balance
Dylan Darksong – Grandmaster Diviner – lvl 50 Storm
Dustan Darksong – Grandmaster Conjurer – lvl 50 Myth
Dolan Darksong – Master Thaumaturge - 47 Ice

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
How about having the teleport feature linked to friend status?
- True Friends can openly teleport to each other without prompting.
- Friends (in a group) can openly teleport to each other without prompting.
- Friends (not in a group) require permission to port with a ‘busy’ notice sent if in battle.

(Note: I would actually like to see the characters of True Friends to automatically be added to each other. I would be nice if my 6 characters are all friends with my True Friend’s 6 characters so we would not have to added them 36 times)

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
Delver
Aug 12, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:

Firefan02:

--This is not a bad idea, however, it does seem a little restrictive. I don't mind the quests and mark spot tied to access, but honestly? I think that majority of the drops that give you the most benefit are level restricted and don't do you much good until you're of the proper level anyway. And if you do something risky (aka, teleport to a world that's WAY above your head), you should reap some uber cool rewards..

The quests and mark spot idea is a good one. The drops would be sold for their higher gold value allowing the lower leveled characters to gain money much faster. Perhaps they are after EGG drops that require no level and can be used once they hatch.

That being said, is it such a big deal? I farmed dragonspyre eq with one of my grandmasters, shared banked the eq, and withdrew/sold/used it with one of my lower level characters. This got me the gold/items I wanted without interfering with anyones game play as a lowbie. I also earned it.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
Survivor
Feb 23, 2010
i agree will the fire teacher lvl 5 wizards coming to the fight is a pain in the butt but can you blame them they dont know what you are doing

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
By far the best solution to this problem was the people who suggested separate realms. If players had access to a world that no one without the spiral key could enter,it would solve this contentious issue. The players who for a variety of reasons wish to port unrestricted could continue to do so in their realms. Both sides would be happy,and Wizard 101 would not infuriate either,and not lose any subs as a result. This also seems much easier to implement from a coding/programming standpoint.
The only further thing I would suggest is expediting the process. This problem has been allowed to continue unabated for too long,and has till now been virtually ignored by admins. The result of this, is an upset player base. Everyone who pays to play this game,does so because of the "fun factor". Fun is something truly subjective, as everyone has a differing opinion to what constitutes it. No matter what side of this issue the players were on, it has caused a disruption in that "fun". So to reassure the player base, KI needs to make a quicker change than the post from Prof. Falmea suggested. You have created a game that is unique,remarkable,and appealing to all ages. It is now time to reward your loyal player base,and insure that this problem,and other issues will be dealt with in a manner that justifies the the time and money we invested in it. :)

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
i have posted once but i believe my idea is the best for everyones needs: the realms 3-4 made for that world grandmasters get 1-2 for themselves and 10-12 realms for everyone for those people that want to play with there family and have 2 accounts.

steven blueweaver life level 50