Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 23, 2010
I think wizards should complete the tasks that are needed in order to get to the higher worlds. I have leveled up three wizards and am working on too more. I did not use the shortcuts of porting to do any of them. Additionally, when smaller wizards port to me in a higher world they put me at risk as because they usuall bring in more opponents that i have to kill because their spells are not sufficient. I always help smaller wizards with their tasks if they ask but do not appreciate it when they randomly port to me. I dont like to disable port but sometimes have found it necessary. I would really like to see KI adapt this port feature to allow only friends who have level access to port to areas.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2010
I think people should goto worlds they have not got to. If your friend needed help you could go to help them

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
I feel it is inappropriate for a lot of reasons. My main objection is that certain instances allow teleporting and others don't. I saw many low level characters defeat Malistaire because they abuse the teleport ability. The "support" character for crowns was designed to get players to advance because there are fights that are really hard or impossible to solo. There are a few of the class specific spell quests that are overpowered. Either have it all or nothing. The story is important and we pay money for the entertainment.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
I have never teleported into a world that I had not earned as part of the story. I feel it is not only wrong, but annoying that so many have been doing this for so long. At one point, I actually saw a level 1 wizard in dragonspyre!

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi folks! It's that time again...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in the game get a peek-see at new sights, and even get an extra jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?
yes yes and yes

Survivor
Oct 28, 2009
i agree on somethings i think we need a way to block certain lvls that we have a setting to allow us to pick what lvls are allowed to port to us .
Or make a quest they have to do that they have to do in order to get to a world or make where we get a request that we have _Name_lvl _Number__ trying to port to us we can choose to allow it or not

Courtney Blossom
Level 50 Life

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
I believe there are 2 issues:
1 People wanting to visit were they have not earned the right.
2 People who are sent on a mission that requires access to a level they have not earned the right.
I believe it requires 2 answers: no for the first and limited for the second.
When given the mission you need to be access to complete it. When the mission ends so does the limited access, or don't give mission until they have access.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
mimifulton wrote:
No I don't think wizards should be allowed to teleport to worlds they have not earned. That's part of the fun of the game, to earn advancement to a new world.
i say that its all right because doesnt everyone get curious sometimes?? And if they jump in a fight then its their own fault if they die!! :P

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
Being on my third wizard , two are grands and the third at 47 lvl, I would encourage younger wizards with a one world jump only. So if the young wizard has earned entry to MB, they could port to a friend in the next world but not to DS.

Talon (Fire, Death, Life) Fountain. :D

Survivor
May 09, 2009
I am twelve years old, and maybe you won’t much care what I have to say, but I really, really, really think world-locks are a bad idea!

I realize the other side, that it’s harder for the higher-level wizard when the lower one drags in another monster, too, though. But I think for the most part, the new wizard helps enough to more than account for adding a foe. (At least the over about level 10 ones)
I’m sure all the high-level wizards once teleported to their friends, too!

If you can’t teleport to your higher-level friends, then the game wouldn’t be as fun, and there wouldn’t be much point in friends, especially lower-level ones. (They can really turn the tide in a battle!)
There’s also the thing that many of us don’t get to play the game much, and we might never get to go to our favorite world!
Example: So many people like dragons, but you can’t go to dragonspyre until level 48 or so!
I also think that you’d find some players – mostly kids, I guess – actually quitting the game (at least for a while) in frustration, because they can’t go help in a fun new world.

P.S. Sorry this was long....

Survivor
May 29, 2010
No, I think that you should earn the right to go to each realm. Sneak peaks ruin the full experince.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
so what you're saying is on the one hand, certain parts of this game are supposed to require a team, providing everybody in that team is of an appropriate level. what if that one life wizard you always team up with is just two levels away from being able to help you? does everybody wait for them to level up or do you go from realm to realm, begging for assistance? we are supposed to be able to play this game with our friends and in my case, with my daughter. maybe instead of putting restrictions on where PAYING MEMBERS could go, people should learn how to use the teleport controls. it's very very easy. click the spell book, click the gear icon, click the lock icon, adjust to desired option(s). Please don't let excessive whining ruin a game that families enjoy playing TOGETHER!!!

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
Of course they should be able to port to higher worlds. Why take the fun of new, exciting experiences away from the young ones who are stuck in lower worlds? :( It gives them a taste of what's to come. Sometimes I take them with me to higher worlds just because they want to see what is out there. Its fun to take a Wizard City noobie to the Crimson Fields and watch them level up several times by the end of the instance, they get so excited. :P I've become a grandmaster six times over and I don't mind sharing my time and access to higher worlds with lower level wizards. No one gets to be a GM without help from others at some time or other...what better way to foster the idea of working together than by taking some time with the noobies in the spiral. I think it would be a shame to put a stop to that. I know some battles are tough even for GMs, and in those cases lower level wizards are not wanted. Their fighting skills are not developed and they often don't know how to work together effectively. Sometimes their mistakes can cost even a GM the battle...and I do so hate it when I die because of someone elses mistakes. If someone ports to me when I don't want them too, I just tell them I would rather they not join in and then I flee and restart the battle. If they port back again, I just take them off my friends list and the problem is solved. I would hate to see this taken away from those lower level wizards. Besides guys, it could happen that a port from a lower level wizard might someday save the battle!

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
I really think that is cheating. You should have to go through and level like the rest of us. I found Mooshu to be a big surprise and I am glad that I didn't spoil it by porting to someone who was a higher level than me. Plus, lower wizards are not much help in a battle if they are low on life and you are trying to keep them and you alive. I believe the lower wizards should have to level like the rest of us. Patience is a virtue!

Survivor
Apr 23, 2010
No. In my opinon, if you have not earned the right to be in that world/place then you cannot teleport to that location. I was ask by a family member if I could teleport to Dragonspyre, I told them "No" because I have not earn the key to that world. Nobody felt hurt or left out. If they want to battle with me they know it will be in areas that I can go. I understand people want to play with friends/family members but this is an online game and you can make friends around your level.
I know it is hard to level in the beginning of the game but by having to work at it, it makes the game so much more enjoyable. I don't want anything handed to me, I want to earn it.
If this is allowed, then, if you have not earn the right to be in that location you cannot get the quest experience/clothing/wands/money/ect... but normal experience. I think by letting them do the quest it spoils the story of the game.
I just think it would be better to not let this happen tho.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
No, I don't think they should be allowed to port in to areas they haven't unlocked for them yet. Only reason I say this is because of the fact they do port in and drag more monsters into the battles and sometimes flee or die during the battle but still caused another one to come in that the person has to defeat alone.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
Once you have a world key then yes, you should be able to "port" to anywhere in that world... otherwise no

But I think this should be an account lock. If that is possible. Once you have a Grand Master and have opened up all areas then you should be able to visit them on all of your other wizards regardless of level

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
In my personal opinion I actually get more annoyed to see a low level wizard with the "savior of the spiral" badge or something of that nature. Additionally, friends that I invite to the game, it's nice to have them play with you, but at the same time it would also be cool to say "sorry you can't go there yet, because I've earned it" you know? But from a business perspective it's only fair to give paying members access to what they have paid for... maybe not directly, but in a manner there's nothing stopping them. Good topic!

Survivor
Aug 24, 2008
ABSOLUTELY YES!!!!

I have been playing this game for a long ... long time ... since before it's launch as a beta tester. I feel very strongly that YES wizards should be able to join in realms above their levels.

Even when I was in beta testing, the absolute best part of the Wizard 101 game for me is the ability to help others. On my first (and to this date, "main") character, I helped literally dozens of friends get their characters through all of their quests for many of the lands well before I was ever able to obtain those lands on my own. The reason being that I really didn't care about rushing my character through all of the quests, or leveling him up quickly. In fact ... I tried really hard to not obtain grand master status or finish storyline because I disdain the whole level cap thing and didn't want to run out of things to do.

Understandably, creating each new world takes tons of time and effort, but as a player the result is that once you have capped-out, then there is really very little to do but wait until the next content release. Sure you can farm a boss a few hundred times to get some elusive item or pet, but in the end that really doesn't keep any ones attention for long. As a player, it really feels that Kings Isle puts far too little of their effort into creating content for it's high level characters, which has been one of the main reasons for such a high attrition rate.

I love playing with other people and each of my characters has maxed-out their friends lists. Yet for all of my friends only a small handfull of the people I started playing this game with are still playing now. Most of my friends had several characters who made grand master and had no where to go ... so they eventually got bored and wandered off to other forms of on-line gaming. Even my family and real-life friends that I got into this game have slowly lost interest. It is really disheartening and then to have Kings Isle make drastic changes like with the treasure card trade ban. That was another complete buzz-kill for me as a player, not because I needed treasure cards to win arena battles, but because I loved creating treasure cards and giving them away to people ... it was really fun. The whole ability to trade cards is a key component of interacting within the Wizard 101 realm. Sure now there is card crafting, but it is overly convoluted and burdensome. Much like farming bosses for drops, it has become a tedious burden rather than a challenging and fun endeavor. Please don't kill the game ... keep it fun!

Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
A lot of wizards have made quite a few good points on this subject. I believe that if you have a lower level wizard on your friend list that you allow to port to you in an area they wouldn't normally be able to access then you should be responsible for that wizard while he or she is there. Once the battle is over, he or she needs to stay with you, or return to an area they have earned access to, if you log out or leave the area in some other way (port home, to commons, to a mark, etc) that wizard should be automatically sent as well.

As for wizards jumping into a battle without asking... it does get old very quickly, especially when you have been fighting for a while and the monster is almost dead when someone else jumps in, now they have a chance to get something when you have done most of the work (IE - rare drop items from non-sigil entry bosses). It would be nice if there was a way to set a privacy feature to only allow friends into a battle you started.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2010
i think is good they can have a sneak peek of the new worlds some times you get bored of your missions and a new thing that you can see is more it makes the game more interesting when i started i ported to a world like that and that keep me playing more

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi folks! It's that time again...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in the game get a peek-see at new sights, and even get an extra jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?
Hi everyone i just want to say thati dont see the reason to do such cause that was never a problem to me and i have 2 accounts... so if we had lower lvl wiz make sure to ask them to ALWAYS ASK if they can port before they do or just CLOSE PORT while fighting I have done all my wizards like this. the post before mine is very well put i so agree with it 2

Survivor
Feb 08, 2010
I think yes and no. I think that we should come up with a compromise allow noobs to come to high level areas with out interfering with other people that earned the area. Like maybe the noobs will only be allowed in certain realms in those areas. Some people like to go around through different worlds looking at there awesomeness like mushu that is a cool world. :?

geddylee136
aka Rush's #1 fan

Fin DeathFinder ; grand balance

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
It does get annoying at some point but I think other wizards should expierence what higher levels expierence.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2009
I do not think that lower levels should be able to port to higher level worlds unless they actually have them. This is because in addition to making your work difficult, it also ruins they're experience gaining. For example, if a lvl 4 teleports into Dragonspyre and possibly takes a quest, if they get someone to help them and they get the experience, when they get back to their quests, the experience will be barely enough to help them level. In the end they usually dont go back to their quests, they stay in a higher world so that they think they can level faster. I love when my friends port and help but I don't wanna see them not be able to get to grandmaster :(
Andrew Moonwraith: Level 36(balance)
Seth Duskwraith: Level 50(death)