Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 15, 2009
Part of me thinks that they should wait till they get to those levels. But the other part of me, says that since I have done it myself, when I am stuck on my other worlds, I can tag a ride on someone else, and start more quests. Then when I am ready then I can go back to my other quests. I think that People who are lower levels shouldn't get to go into other worlds until they are ready, but higher levels yes. I am not just saying that because I am level 50. My husband plays on here too, and He isn't ready to play the other levels because he hasn't gotten to a high enough level to play the other levels.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Dear Prof.

I agree that they should not be allowed to port in. It does pose a problem. I did it myself and almost messed up my life wizard. Had it not been for a good friend that I have on here I would not have been able to gain access to get my rebirth card. I unknowly ported to a friend and helped heal them in a quest not knowing what would happen to my wizard after the quest was over. Yes it is good to port to help but only if you are that lvl as far as I can say. If there is a way to allow they to port to a safty spot that would take them to an area out of the battle so they could view the area in safty That would be great for them. We do that sort of thing when we have a pvp battle if it could do that then all would be well.
Well for some anyway Hope this helps.

May your wizard all ways lvl up! lol
your friendly wizard

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
Yes. Lets say if you need healing or help with a quest in DragonSpyre and your MooShu friend is life or storm. They wouldn't be able to help and you couldn't even have a hideout in DragonSpyre if your friend was in MS or lower. Keep it up KingsIsle!

Survivor
Oct 20, 2008
I ABSOLUTELY think that wizards should not be able to enter worlds they have not earned yet. It really annoys me when i am trying to farm something and a level 20 jumps in my fight. It is extremely rude and annoying.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
i think that earning the worlds are fun. so i dont think that anyone could just go to a world that they have not earned yet. thats the one of the fun parts about wizard101 is getting ew worlds by earning them.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
I think what they should do is to not let people under lvl 40 to go to anyother world than the one they're in! 40 and higher levels should have the privilege of porting to higher level worlds wi.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
I say a prompt stating so and so lvl __ would like to port to you. YES or NO

Survivor
Sep 28, 2009
Yes i think that wizards should be able to port to worlds they have not earned. Because if you are like so many of us who do all the side missions you often have to go a worl ahead of your self to get your next spell.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
No, lower level wizards should not be allowed into worlds they have not unlocked. Then it is unfair for all the members paying for memberships. I agree with some others though, if they could go to other worlds in the story line they should have everything locked there. (quests, shops, fights, etc.) So basically I vote no.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2010
Yes I think wizards should be able to port to higher level zones but only if they are in group with the wizard they are porting to although They should only be allowed to battle with the wizards in their group while they are in a area they have not earned access to. That will keep the game friend and family oriented but will also prevent those random low level porters from joining fights with people who do not necessarily want the lowbie joining their battle.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?

The game is fairly balanced except for really low level wizards appearing in Mooshu and Dragonspyre. As you add Celestia and some day other worlds, the imbalance becomes more apparent.

I wouldn't close the door on "porting to more advanced worlds", especially since most of the people who can do this are paying customers -- either subscribers or people willing to shell out crowns.

Perhaps you implement a level floor, say 30 for Mooshu and 40 for DS. This also might motivate people to keep advancing levels, since it opens up a new area to them.

Or you just say that you can't port more than 2 worlds ahead of your current progress. Want to see Dragonspyre? Finish Krokotopia.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
There will always be reasons why things should stay the same, but most of those reasons are for comfort or selfish gain at others expense.

I noticed it's only the ones who DO NOT want the change who have mentioned quitting the game or KI losing players. Most likely the ones causing some of the trouble?? Whatever, that is your choice. There will always be more who DO enjoy a better controlled game. Many who do play the game the way it is intended and make it an enjoyable game for others as well. BUT if you played the game the way it is intended you most likely will change your views. It is the ones who DO want the game changed who have been the ones suffering, so to speak. Like everything in life there is always room for improvement. Where would we all be in life if we all had things handed to us? If all we did was take shortcuts? If we never worked for what we want? The game started out with a storyline with rewards, that is the way it should be played.

Another complaint for the ones who wish to keep it as is, is that they want to have their friends with them. Well there's absolutely nothing wrong with you going down to their levels and hanging or helping them there. Or for those who have new friends start the game, help them quest at their levels so they progress as they learn the game. Or the parents who are high or Grands who insist that their level 14 child play with them in high areas, what is wrong with you going to them? Play there as a “Family” and help teach them the way to play?

This has driven me crazy for awhile on all of my grands and one of the solutions for the parents and friends who wish to still have lower levels port to them for helping or hanging out but that won't interfere with others enjoyment of the game. Also allows the ones who wish to cheat or take shortcuts for power leveling where they don't belong. Simple solution is:

When the lower levels port to a family member or friend who has area unlocked to “help” or “explore an area”, can ONLY jump into a fight their friend they ported to is in. And when higher level leaves area or logs out the lower level gets ported back to where they were before porting. NO marking spots allowed for anyone who has not unlocked an area. So there are no low levels running around lose in higher areas. That way it solves the issue of most of the people saying yes to allow because of helping a family member or friend and does not interfere with other high levels who are saying no. When the lower levels train like others have had to and open an area themselves, then they can mark it. This solution should solve those problems. Would also solve the school quests that you may not have access to the area yet as well.

Another good suggestion was to have another option added for porting. To allow or disallow someone porting to you. If the above was implemented this would not be required but is still a good option to have as well if you do not wish to have anyone just porting to you any given time. For the same reasons mentioned concerning other beasts added to the fight and such. I have my daughter who plays and some close friends too, I do not wish to have to have my ports turned off at all times. Having the option to say yes or no to a port is a good idea. BUT KEEP IN MIND MOST OF THE COMPLAINTS ARE ABOUT LOW LEVELS IN PLACES THEY SHOULDN'T BE IN IS FROM SOMEONE ELSE'S PORTING.

Another good suggestion added to the above is to have the option to show as invisible (no one see's you so can't port). I have seen this in other great games I have played and it works well.

There is also the suggestion which should be implemented no matter what the outcome of this whole ordeal is. That is to have the player in the first position choose if it is an open or closed fight. If there is two friends fighting and you are at the end of the fight and have what you needed you may not want to have to keep going because two others have joined. I would imagine most people would probably leave it as open. Sometimes many of us have time limits on the game and want to finish a quest or a particular task and are in a hurry to do so before logging. Having others extend that, isn't always welcomed.

Thank you Falmea for bringing up this discussion as it has cluttered up many of the boards and there are many frustrated people who would like, if possible, to find a solution to this nagging problem.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
i think wizards sholde be able to port to were they need to go ad kiss

Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
low lvl people so cant be in the other worlds because theres going to be hard enemys and they re just going to flee everytime they get into battle. :x.also low lvl people are so weak that they cant even get a a attack to the monster and they re just going to bother you in battle attacking you traps and other things. :x :x :x :x

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
I find your post the best so far. This is a family based game and I play with my daughter. She has many lower level wizards. I do as well, if we can't help each other what is the point. We both have several grands. While it may be annoying to some "GRAND" wizards get over it. So we may die or it takes longer to win the battle, big deal, it's a game. Personally, my head is not so large that I do not stop and take the time with lower level wizards, it's fun and you get to help them and teach them, which is something I did not have. I do not think a WORLD BLOCK is needed, it would hurt the "family" part of the game. I am tired of hearing the whining about this issue. Those that are whining are mostly adults, come on...
kanedeathhammer wrote:
This is a very hot topic for some wizards among the community. As an avid player with multiple accounts I've seen certain areas fill up with lower level wizards and 45+ wizards yell "foul!" However, it really goes both ways. Yes having a low level wizard join your fight in DS can be annoying sometimes because their health/spell deck isn't quite ready to handle the mobs but think about what would happen if Kingsisle started incorporating "world locks" as many users have implied.

Being a family based game suddenly families and friends would be torn apart. The daughter with her level 14 wizard wouldn't be able to pop in and see what dear old dad at level 36 was doing in Mooshu. Is that the message that KI wants to send to their players?

Or think about this scenario, you (lvl 47) are in DS soloing a boss and are about to die, your life wizard friend (lvl 28) has 6 spells that he can port in and keep you alive with, however being a lower level and not having access to that area yet he isn't allowed to port because of a world lock.

It's a very sensitive subject to have to discuss, personally I can see both sides of the story. In the game we are told to quest for Spiral Keys to unlock the door to certain worlds only to find out we can simply port and check out the worlds just the same. Seems kinda unfair, no?

Personally I don't mind lower level wizards running around in higher level areas. So they bring in one more bad guy, big deal. By this time I've learned enough strategy and have enough notches in my belt that one extra bad guy isn't going to tip the scales.

I hope whatever KI decides on this matter they think about the effects it will have on ALL wizards, families, friends, young, and old.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
I was reading some of the replies and I think that alot of them have the right idea. I have worked really hard on all my mages to get them to the worlds that they are in, but I can not stand it when I lvl up the hard way and get to the higher worlds and then someone ports to me and they are still in Wizard City. I have had quests that asked me to go to an area that I have not been to yet in the same world and someone helped me out and let me port to them. But to port to someone in another world when you can not get there normally then I say NO! And for those of you who say they can not lvl up your mages unless you go to another world then I think you are playing the game wrong. It is not about how fast you lvl up your mages, it is to have fun with the story of the game. If you follow the story like you are suppose to the you will not have any problems lvling your mages. 8)

Survivor
Oct 26, 2009
Having lower level friends port into a battle has been annoying, especially when they bring in their friends to join. Other than using the Allow / Do Not allow - friends to teleport Option, maybe we can "Mark/Denote specific friends as Allowed.

It is a family / friend oriented game so if family members join as a team, having some lower and some higher in level then restricting access to certain cities can throw a wrench in KI's works.

I see where this has been mentioned previoiusly but it does bare weight.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
I've seen many players write that they've EARNED the right to go to all the various worlds such as DS by paying for their membership. I don't think so. You've earned the right to play wizard101 but you didn't EARN the right to go to DS until you defeated the Jade Oni. Unless KI can add a grant/deny button, allowing or disallowing players to port to us it's probably going to be hard to keep lower lvl people out of higher lvl zones.

Something else to consider is: although YOU turn off your ports or deny a request for a port, that won't stop other players from letting the lower lvl people to gain access to higher worlds. It should lessen the amount of people who don't belong but KI can never stop ALL lower lvl people from porting to higher worlds unless they put a block up for anyone who hasn't heretofore gained access to said world.

I really dislike the idea of lower lvl people in higher zones but I don't know how feasible it will be for KI to prevent it.

I used to play another popular online game that was able to prevent players, regardless of lvl, to enter a zone unless they had completed the quests to enter it. If KI can do that then that seems the best option to me.

The ghosting idea I've seen bandied around seems like a viable solution if KI is able to implement it. Allow the players access to SEE the worlds but not to interact with them.

From reading nearly every post on this subject it seems to me that the majority of the players advocating that all should have access to all worlds are people who are lower lvls themselves. Not all, but most.

Deny lower lvl people any way you can. Whatever is easiest for KI.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2009
Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
yes wizards should, because its fun to exsplore except, they should not be allowed to enless they are on level 7 or higher. peace out peeps!!!!!! :)

Survivor
May 23, 2009
I think it would be okay, but with limits. I have had too many people port into a battle, let another enemy join, and then leave without helping. So letting a low level wizard join a high level battle just makes it that much more annoying.

I like the idea of them having to ask permission, so you know they are coming. Also, only permit them to jump one world ahead. As for the rewards, they should get full points but not be allowed to mark the location. Finally, if you are battling someone for a special item (such as note to find kidnapped sister in MB) or you are farming a boss, they should not collect drops.

Eric SunStalker

Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
Like I said before who are they hurting if they go to other worlds if they paid there dues, they should be allow to go any were.. If they go ahead of the store that's there problem, they will fine it's hard to get around and fight things because it's hard to do with out your points.. Are they Hurting any one ? My answer is NO just them self.. I finish the game one time and a lot of new things has been change sent I played and I fine it hard to do it again and am taking Baby septs in getting there... 8) Just watch them try and you can sit back and smile we are wizards and we all have to try something new..

Survivor
Aug 16, 2010
Personally, I think the problem is in the porting. I like wworking with my friends on quests so I keep my porting on so we can leap frog through them and port to each other. What I dont like are the lower level wizards porting without permission from me. They take our traps, and make it difficult for us. If you make it so people have to ask to port or we can have selective porting at times instead of on or off it would solve a multitude of problems.

I do like working with some of my lower level friends as well, so I do want to keep that option open for them to be in my higer level. It benefits us both I dont have to constantly report the same quests with different friends in order to socialize with them.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
I think that you should have to earn the ability to go to the new worlds through quests. Often I see relatively low level wizards sporting badges they can't have earned yet because they teleport to friends. My son is 6 and he has not earned Mooshu yet with his wizard, but he has quests in his quest log from both Moshu and Dragonspyre because he teleports to friends and helps them out. If we can't get there by our own power through the Spiral we shouldn't be able to teleport to friends and piggy-back off thier access. Just my opinion. :)