Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
Well, i think this is a very interesting topic to talk on. In my opinion, i do not think that characters that have yet to earn a world is not allowed into a fighting area of a higher world. But, in some cases such as i have, i am a crafter. And to be a crafter, you normally need cards that only certain schools are allowed to craft. So i think it would be easier to just level up on crafting, rather then having to get to level 40 or so just to get to master artisan. I, myself have found it very useful to have a level 6 that can craft level 42 cards, such as helephant to make an aquarium or some earthquakes to make a carousel. But, this is just one voice against a hundred disbelievers, so we will have to see how far this will get us. - Destiny UnicornThorn

Survivor
May 23, 2009
i think lower level wizards should be able to go to worlds they haven't unlocked yet because when i was a level 20 lets say, i would love to go and fight a mooshu boss once in a while with some powerful friends. So they should be allowed to teleport to friends. -Ashley Ravenflame, lvl 50 ice

Survivor
May 03, 2009
Hey its me again! I looked at what some other people put and i don't think lower levels should be able to have a spiral key for all the worlds it wouldn't be fair to those who have been playing wizard 101 from the beginning (like me) or anyone who is currently playing. I believe that they should have to work to get the spiral key. But, I also believe lower level players should be allowed to port to friends that are on worlds that they don't have access to yet.

kanedeathhammer Sept/24/2010 4:06 pm Subject: Re:Feedback Friday 9-24-10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a very hot topic for some wizards among the community. As an avid player with multiple accounts I've seen certain areas fill up with lower level wizards and 45+ wizards yell "foul!" However, it really goes both ways. Yes having a low level wizard join your fight in DS can be annoying sometimes because their health/spell deck isn't quite ready to handle the mobs but think about what would happen if Kingsisle started incorporating "world locks" as many users have implied.

Being a family based game suddenly families and friends would be torn apart. The daughter with her level 14 wizard wouldn't be able to pop in and see what dear old dad at level 36 was doing in Mooshu. Is that the message that KI wants to send to their players?

Or think about this scenario, you (lvl 47) are in DS soloing a boss and are about to die, your life wizard friend (lvl 2 has 6 spells that he can port in and keep you alive with, however being a lower level and not having access to that area yet he isn't allowed to port because of a world lock.

It's a very sensitive subject to have to discuss, personally I can see both sides of the story. In the game we are told to quest for Spiral Keys to unlock the door to certain worlds only to find out we can simply port and check out the worlds just the same. Seems kinda unfair, no?

Personally I don't mind lower level wizards running around in higher level areas. So they bring in one more bad guy, big deal. By this time I've learned enough strategy and have enough notches in my belt that one extra bad guy isn't going to tip the scales.

I hope whatever KI decides on this matter they think about the effects it will have on ALL wizards, families, friends, young, and old.

(I pretty much agree with him he just hasn't stated some of the issues that i have.)
Thanks for reading this,
Caitlin (a.k.a. Awesomeness in a can :P)
Master of Balance

Survivor
Jan 25, 2009
It's true. My young wizard friends are teleporting to me all the time .
I can't stand the things. I mean, I am trying to solo Jade Oni for items, or do Malistare, but all the time, my young wizard friends are teleporting :x .
I can't stand it. Please change it and make it to where they can ONLY teleport to friend's areas they have already gained by quest.

-Seth Icebreeze, Level 48 Thurmatage (Ice)

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
Yes, I most definately believe I should be able to any part of the spiral I choose. For one, sometimes a friend who is ahead of me requires assistance. And two, I am paying for this, and to take away that right defeats the purpose of my paying for it.

Kestrel Legendstone Queen of Ice, Storm, Life, Death, Balance,
Myth and Fire

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
Hi i am Haley skullthorn, and I have quite a few things to say. I am a level 50 death and I see things very dis-pleasing in the commons, about 30 Lower levels or as many level 45's and higher call them " Noobs " ( short for Nobodys ) try to add me. Like a bunch of low level menu chats ask me for friendship I may not want to be their friend but suppose to memories of being a low level I also dont want to hurt their feelings. All in All i usally say NO but then they ask again as if they really with all their hearts wanna be my friend. Its really heart-warming that low levels depend on your friendships but 50% of the time i keep saying no until it completely drives me bonkers leaving me to say yes. I have a friend who absolutly hates menu chat she doesnt understand how to say certain things in menu chat like i do it also bugs her when they " cya later high level ya " Correct term teleport to you in a battle then ditch you leaving you with an extra person to fight in lets say places like colosuss boluvard. Sometimes i agree with my dear friend that it gets annoying in many possiblity's your expecting me to say I agree lower levels or " Noobs " shouldnt be able to port but not just yet, here is the good side! My favorite world is marleybone I never have known why on my level 21 fire one day i caught up with a friend and got a few side quests and they had no problem its like no biggie! But i didnt do them, i am only level 21 i thought I dont wanna do them until i am at least starting marleybone. In another situation i was hanging out on my main Haley ( who you know me as ) and I was watching this cool balance spell being cast on my friends enemy in dragonspyre I started complaining about how cool it was and to bad I wasnt balance my friends friend suggested i make a balance noob so of course very excitedly i did, I made my lower level and ported to them and we joked around about a noob in ds and even fought yeva, she didnt even attack me luckily, they were so much fun to hang out with they too were like NO BIGGIE! :-) But here is where it gets into my opinion DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Many families play on this game, like a Boy and his friend who moved to colorodo might have a way to talk to each other, the boy's might have a level difference because one played for longer and e-mailed the other about the game, but does that mean the level 30 tells his good o'l level 2 friend he cant join him at marleybone, at least to see the sights? No it doesnt, he will probably warn him its dangerous and he should just walk on the commons areas and let him do the adventuring and port to him only when its safe. Or a Girl and her cousin that might practicly live in two different states might play together, her cousin might play a bit more indept not because playing for longer but maybe REALLY playing, the girl could maybe be like a level one I mean some people use this game as a chat room and connection to long lost friends and far away family members, wandering around in the commons the girl might text chat her cousin if she can join her cousin for some fun in mooshu, Do you think her cousin will say NO WAY, just because we're family doesnt mean you have to follow me go play with some friends in ravenwood I have better battler friends, NO ( prehaps a mean cousin would lolz ) But Thats not my case the cousin would invite her to explore the jade palace and hang out with him/or her and do his/or her missions later. Now i suppose a grandmaster who is in dragonspyre doing some missions might be suprized ( in a angry way ) to see their old buddy from unicorn way who NEVER LEVELED UP has joined them to show off their horrible skills in a battle against Victor snowcrucher. In best cases the show off who lets say is level 6 might realize they are causing trouble and apoligize, and soon leave the battle but in worse cases they might whine for your help, say please heal me and not to your suprize they whine when you say i am myth not life, after the battle finishes they decide they want to stay for awhile battling creatures ( with YOUR aid ) and shop in castle stores and start asking you to gift them coins if they dont have enough money for furniture, or go to the clothing stores thinking that they will find something their level, when you try to sweep your annoyed feelings behind you and offer to show you Eloise's fashions for any level and your current health they ask you if they sell treasure cards and you attempt to explain I SAID FASHION NOT PETS! And when you show them Eloise's clothes they dont like them and they try to follow you until you make a devilish plan................ to delete them of course i have done that but its not the best option. Being the Random happy wizard that i am ( lol ) I think noobs should be able to port to their high level friends, if they are unwanted or annoying I am sorry but think about it should have you added them in the first place. I dont mind Lower levels or " Noobs " at all and if you do, thats just your opinion it doesnt matter the game chooses not me not you, Best wishes, I love you all of my great friends NOOB and High Level, see you in marleybone Love Haley. XD

Survivor
Jul 21, 2010
Cosino wrote:
well what you should do is when the try to teleport give us a box thats says:
Do you want "Name of character" level "whatever" to teleport to you?
that is a great response i think :D

I really like this idea! it always annoys me if they jump in without asking, when I am in a dungeon battle. I don't mind so much if I am just wandering around, but it would be nice to be asked. It really comes down to game etiquette and manners, which some players seem to lack. :)

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
Would it be possible to allow them to see the commons of each world, but not the other areas? I know it was neat to see what other worlds were like when I was lower level. It would be cool to be able to see what it is like, and have access to the crafting vendors, etc.

Maybe, when a lower level ports to a higher level in a world they haven't earned, it could just bump them into the commons of that world.

I don't think lower levels should be able to port to upper levels in worlds they haven't earned, so if the above is impossible, or too hard, I would rather have porting to worlds you have not earned yet removed.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2009
YES! Let people port all over the place, wherever they want! One wizard had a great idea though, a message can be sent to the higher level wizard to give him/her the option to allow the lower level person to arrive.

I have several reasons for allowing lower levels into higher levels:

1. I was a lower level Life wizard and was constantly called to help my higher level friends. I loved helping, they loved having me along to save their lives.

2. I got bored following the story line, I liked having breaks into other worlds. I probably would have quit had I not had breaks and had I not had glimpses of worlds to come. In fact, I am SURE I would have quit the game. I really, really got tired of being in MB and most likely would have quit at that point had I not been able to join my friends and family on other levels. It took me nine months to level up! I probably set a record at NOT leveling up, but I had a great time doing my own thing and doing the quests at MY pace, not the game's.

3. I got to fight Malistaire as a level 14, (and several other levels above that). Seeing him as a lower level wizard helped me make up my mind to continue my quests and get to him on my own, no matter how much I goofed around on my way there. At least it gave me a goal. lol

4. When I finally got to fight Malistaire as my own quest, I was thrilled to be able to bring my children in with me. Together we fought him and nearly died, but we did it together, so it was a lot of fun. Then, when their turns came to fight him, they were able to call on their siblings and parents to help them. We wouldn't have been able to "share the glory" had there been level restrictions.

Survivor
May 02, 2010
It seems to me that most of the people making this, and I will quote, "a money issue," are also the majority in favor of allowing teleporting. This seems rather odd to me. Sounds like those in favor and then applying the money issue to the matter are those that don't actually pay to play.

KI, why not make it so that non-paying players simply CANNOT port to friends, regardless of any change in set-up (ie. Teleporting Requests). That should take the fun out of those that (in my OPINION) seem to be whining most about the money issue and claiming that KI will lose money.

That almost makes me laugh. I am a Paying Player. Year subscriptions. Three Accounts. If you can't afford to pay to see the areas, then I don't want you porting there either.

Now I know I just made some of you feel really mad, sad, and probably jealous. Feel free to come back with lame responses about how your mom or dad won't let you buy crowns. Then I'll see you on the game where you'll ask me to buy you a mount (not a day goes by that that line doesn't get asked of me). Yes, I have seen all the whining, begging and pleading from all of you non-paying or flat out lazy people while you're sitting in the commons of Wizard City. Also, on that not, KI, can we PLEASE make a different place for non-paying/lazy players to go sit? I mean, coming through Wizard City with my other wizards for spells and quests from higher worlds is nothing but a pain. The lag has actually slowed down my screen to a halt. And it isn't my computer. It isn't my cable connection. It's the little toad kids that sit there looking for gifts from people, free rides to other worlds and my favorite: Boy O Friends or Girl O Friends! How odd that a "Family Game" has a dating/pick-up area right SMACK in the beginning of the game. What an introduction to any new player!

Points are: My credit card. My accounts. My access - as I EARN it - to the entire game. KI can change the porting thing and make it so even my own friends can't port to me in higher worlds. I won't stop playing because of that change. If a change is better for the whole group, but still affects me, I will still stand behind the change. KI will not lose money from me. I will keep buying crowns. I will keep spending them as I see fit.

I still don't want to date any of you online! My wife plays on the game WITH me. :)

Thanks!

Survivor
Oct 02, 2009
i think you should just keep it the same because some people wanna lvl up faster so they go to higher worlds :D :) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
Should lower level players be able to port to places they have not earned? Absolutely! It is helpfull sometimes. Especially when you need to fight several enemies for a quest. Just because someone is say lvl 15 that doesn't mean they can't be helpful. If anything, just for those of you that have issues with lower lvl players porting into battles and fleeing leaving you to battle more enemies, maybe there is a way to program it so that those porting in need to recieve permission before porting to you. Of course there is a way to block others from porting in already. So I really don't think it is an issue at all. Just change your settings or simply don't make friends with lower lvl players if you don't want to play with them. Great practice for lower lvl players also, if they are allowed to port in to difficult areas. Also just because a lower lvl player is allowed to port into a higher world doesn't mean they have access to all of the quests available if they earned their way there and had the key. So what is the big deal there. Yeah they can wander around. Yeah they can battle and earn a little experience, but they are already not able to do the main story line quests most of the time. I myself play with my daughter all the time. She is lower lvl than me. I help her and she helps me just the same. Just leave it be there is no need to change it. People can block the ports by changing there privacy settings or not making friends with lower lvl players or just telling them you don't appreciate them porting in without asking you first. Not difficult things to do.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
I think yes BUT they at least have to be lvl 20 no lower and thats final. it would be fair because if dont want to be disturbed well go to your spell book and block ports.because i have family that REALLY want to go some places and i cant take them, so I feel bad. and some people say they have to earn it well going to lvl 20 in wizard city is hard and the earning also my bro says that before the person can port to the places (krokotopia grizzleheim) they need for the person to give a yes for them to teleport a no will not let them port understand?

Survivor
Mar 12, 2010
Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
I really don't mind that they are allowed to go outside of what they have earned, by using higher leveled players, but I DO think that there should be a permission request sent just like a friend request. I say this because too many times I've been in a battle and one of them have popped in, drawn in another enemy to fight, say " oh wow" then flee.
So my opinion is to have a request sent to this person before they are allowed to port to you.

Survivor
May 20, 2010
Their is a good about locking the worlds and bad .
:)
Good is that lower levels can't port in and trap you in a harder fight then you had before they ported and then flee because their higher health.

Bad because some wizards have there children that play with them that might be lower level and they wanted to see what was ahead and wouldn't have access .Even if there parent / friends would like them to be there .

So as a suggestion maybe the locks could be place with allow user upon request so that if the high wizard doesn't mind they them self could allow the port and the ones that doesn't want can decline port that would solve all issues and leave all wizards in control of lower level porting or not . that way no family time is blocked a simply allow button with all others all wizards can make that .

and as far as lower levels been lock for higher levels there is no way this could take place because classes are in raven wood headmasters house in wizard city and pvp unicorn way and shopping ,die shop, and bazzar all in lower area that is why an allow request would be better so higher wizards can help lower wizards still and if wanted port able.

I know this is just a point of view and a very touchy subject I hope the helps kings isile .

Survivor
Jan 07, 2009
I say that its fine as it is cause my little sister is level eightteen and she reeeaallyy likes to port to meh and have fun and help meh wit quests so I say its a bad idea cause my sister is awesome and I like her by my side!!!!!! please w101 dont change it. :( to the idea

Survivor
Nov 28, 2009
In my opinion, there should be a block on the worlds because otherwise weaker wizards will just mess around. For example, they will start doing the side quests and ask for a higher levels help, wasting their time on something they already did. Its not fair for the higher level wizards to "baby sit" the weaker wizards. If they are alowwed to teleport in, then its just like cheating, because your doing the quests and gaining levels. Then they can just go back to the worldthey are working in and be done with it in a matter of seconds. I'm just saying that its not fair to those who worked hard to be a highewr level to be shown up by someone who just ported in and leveled up.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
No because the wizards should just go with the flow. The players with subscriptions can, but no one else unless you have unlockesd the area. If this idea for Feedback Friday goes through, it would be a mess. Wizards everywhere, everywhere you look there would be TONS of wizards. Especially the last level because if everyone could go people would know exactly what was going to happen and when. This would be a TERRIBLE idea if this idea went through. So again.. KEEP THINGS THE WAY THEY ARE!!!!
Eric DragonDreamer...

Survivor
Jul 20, 2010
ok... i have no problem with lower levels porting in as long as they ask... but i also will not complain about them porting without asking..BECAUSE ... there are privacy rules established and are there for you to use... before i start playing i look at who is online and those that i dont want to be bothered w/ and I HIT THAT HELPFUL LITTLE BUTTON... (((IGNORE))... and also i have no problem with them porting in to check the place out.. because i was guilty as charged...BUT ONLY WHEN ASKED TO HELP and i have been asked by higher levels than me simply because i am usually the third or fourth person in and i provide shields...as a courtesy i wait till i am asked or i ask if they would mind if i tag along and if i get MYSELF IN A PICKLE... i tell them i can handle it even if i die... my fault for getting to close to the creepies anyway ...lol...and in some instances i use the lower levels to my advantage if i want to go to a certain area and dont feel like doing all the running around to get there !!! lol... and for the most part they dont mind if they are in a battle because i provide them shields and sometimes additional life....i learn more from the higher levels by watching the spells they use than anything...
the other thing is to going to areas that they arent able to go to yet... i dont have a problem with either... because... THEY STILL HAVE TO EARN THAT SPOT.... they can port in all they want but the still have to fulfill their quests to get there !!!!

and i also agree with Kanedeathhammer that familys play together and the children and parents sometimes are at different levels... i feel if they change that .. it would NOT BE FAMILY FRIENDLY...... and if they do change it... i spend alot of money to play this game... which includes investing in crowns.... so i would say they would no longer have my monetary support if they change it!!!.... i love the way this game plays.... so KI ... dont change it!!!

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
No I don't think that wizards should be able to go into places they haven't unlocked through the story because it ruins a very fun part of the game. Finishing one world and getting to explore another, is a big thing and if we could just go to any world we wanted and walk around for a bit then we'd lose interest fast. Plus it's fun to experience the story plot it's a huge part of the game and I think that the game would lose players if we let people freely go to all the worlds.

Izzyice3

Survivor
Oct 20, 2009
I think you shouldn't enter a world if you haven't gain access to it yet. I'm not the only one who hasn't been able to fight some bosses because it's full. A great example is the Plaza of Conquest, I've been trying to farm some of those bosses and I have to keep changing realms because low level wizards are fighting them.

What I don't agree is that you have to unlock an area or world you have a quest on to go there. It has happened that you get a quest to get a new spell and you can't go in an area but fortunately your friend has access to it. In other words, you can port to your friend if you have a quest regarding that world or area. Hope this helps!

Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
Nope Nope Nope. Wizards should only be able to access the worlds they have actually earned access to. Not only is it frustrating to have a lower level wizard pull in extra monsters to a fight and then run away because they can't handle it, but I feel like it takes away from my accomplishments. I worked hard to get to whichever world I am in and it doesn't feel right to be playing alongside someone else who ported in and has skipped all the normal work it takes.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
I think lower characters SHOULD be able to port to get a sneak peek, but maybe there's a way where lower characters aren't attacked by monsters?