Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
I think you should let them but have a certain area for them or make the world special for them depending on the level since our higher level characters don't want to keep helping them over and over or just healing them.

-Tony

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
No, I dont think lowe level wizards should be able to port into worlds they havent advanced to yet. For example, I have a friend who accidentally teleported to me when I was in Krokosphinx (she was working on the Pyramid of the Sun) and she picked up a few quests there. Now she never does any of her own quests, she only does stuff in Krokosphinx and it's difficult for her because they're too hard for her to fight. It's very hard for her to level up.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
No it is not fair we work to go there then people just teleport to you and start doing quests

Survivor
Jun 06, 2010
Survivor
May 09, 2010
I play a lot with my children. This means i get a lot of xp but i do not finish the quest to unlock the next level. I have been in areas one up from what i'm at now but have had no problems because my level is correct for the zone. The usual reason i've been in the higher levels is for spell quests.

Now i can see where you'd want to bring some help into a battle. Healers can be very effective at almost any level. There are a few things I've done to keep my self safe when in higher levels. #1, i've locked my friend requests. if i don't know you, i don't want you popping on me. if you want to befriend me, ask first. #2 when going into instances, we watch to see who is jumping in with us. If it's a lower level, we step off. We also look around to see who might try to leach before we step on.

I think the solution to higher level jumping is simple. You must be grouped with someone who has access to that level, if not you get some,small amount of, time to regroup or you get ported back to wizard commons. Also if you're not grouped, you are a ghost and can't interact in any way with the zone. This should resolve all concerns.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
I guess I am a little late to the Feedback Friday forum but I would like to weigh in if I may...

No, I think that access to a level should be restricted simply because that is the whole timbre of the game to earn the right to enter new areas bny following the story line and doing the quests or what ever that is required to gain access to them. The portal gate shouldbe the example, you can noot select a new world until you have followed all the quests required to get there, an account or wizard for that matter, can notport to a new world until the world is open through the portal. If a player has need of a lower level wizard for what ever then they could take the time to go back and impart thier knowledge and help them to progress and that would promote the game with fairness. I run several wizards and I keep to the storyline with each of them, and I have a different set of friends for each and we all help each other tomake it through the next battle or quest.

It alll does not have to be complicated as it seems, KI and the powers that be have set the storyline lets stick with it.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
Well i think there should be an option where lower levels should not be ablle to teleport unless the higher level wizard invites them.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
I think this can be all solved by only allowing lower level characters access to those areas if and only if they in a group and if the group is disband they are ported back to wizard city commons. this way they can still get fast XP while traveling with friends that know they are there. and not be able to just jump into any old fight they want
Jack Hammer

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
I think you guys should just leave everything as it is. I like things the way they are. Plus (for example) A lower lvl wizard ported to someone who was in the Labyrinth and completed it with them. Then came back later to do it again when they get to this dungeon themselves they won't get the experiance again because they already did it. So this may cause them to rethink about doing it on their other characters.

From reading the comments about this sounds like a lot of people like to earn there way up. (Suggestion). When you go to do a dungeon and you don't want your lower lvl friends to port to you, then turn your porting off. If you need a friend to port to you if your not doing so good then turn it back on.

Anyway, please leave things the way they are.

Survivor
May 15, 2009
Is it fair for you to play over a year to get to DS and then have your friend mooch off of you?

Is it fair when people port without asking and draw another enemy into the battle?

Is it fair that I can't walk three steps in MooShu without somme random noob porting to me?

I think you can answer those yourself.

Survivor
May 16, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
When someone tries to teleport to you, there should be a pop-up (similar to a Friend Request pop-up) that lets you know someone is trying to port to you and if they should be allowed to or not.

I think it is a good idea to make that pop-up it gives you the change to decide if you let lower lvl port to you or not! Because if i turn of my port.
It keeps people away that i would like to have on my side.

Scarlet DragonBlossom Grandmaster Diviner
Sestiva BlueRiver Grandmaster Necromancer
Scarlet SpiritWhisper Grandmaster Sorcerer
:? :? :? :?

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
I have been around long enough to know that some low level wizards want to be friends so that they can port into an area that they dont have access to. That is annoying and is why I disable the port feature. I dont think it is a good thing that low level wizards can port to areas that they have no access to. However, I would rather see a feature that allows me to disallow access to a battle that I want to fight by myself and not have anyone port into without having to disable the port feature. Anyone feel the same?
gabriel iceblood level 50 ice wiz

Survivor
Aug 26, 2010
I thing yes, my friend could go to Grizzleheim when i couldnt, i can now, but i helped him and my other friend

Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
nooooo way! It's not fair. Grands and other people work HARD to get to the levels. And the low levels just don't and walk into a world? and if they join a battle, the person who was in the battle first might have to work double hard killing them while the low levels are useless with their thundersnakes. So no, I don't think its very fair :? This is my strong opinion

Survivor
May 09, 2010
i think only paying players should be able to go into worlds they haven't unlocked. and when lower levels are in your fights they mean well but can't hold a candle to, let's say, krasys.

-Scot Frosttamer 50 Balance

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
plz dont do it my grandma is in ds an am in mb so if i cant port i wont be able to help and i would be mad . so plz dont if i cant port as well i prop wont play anymore so plz dont i beg you. ill do anything. sincecerly your buddy, tavia unicorn tamer

Survivor
Sep 20, 2009
Yeah that would be great. The only other way is subscription so you dont have to pay. More stuff for us!

Survivor
Sep 12, 2008
I think the very best thing about this game is the fact that you can help others. The most fun way to help others is doing things that you haven't accomplished yourself. Please don't take away the feelings of helpfulness that are indigenous to this game presently.

A teleport permission granting button seems to be a great alternative. If I am a level 20 for instance and need help with a dungeon, it might be terribly difficult to find friends who are higher level to help me. They might even feel inconvenienced to do so. But lower level friends might be wonderfully glad to help, get higher level items and see what's in store for them. Lower levels get a broad range of benefits; higher levels probably just get irritated.

Porting to higher areas is an integral part of the enjoyment achieved from the game.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
:? :evil :x :shock
why are we allowing others to port in on areas that they haven't earned.
anyone i'm sure has a story about fight in a huge battle. then you think thank
god i finished that battle barely! then some fool ports in and you have to fight another monster! you end up dieing ! but the fool get to redeem all your hard work. come on, of course they shouldn't be able to port in areas
that he or she hasn't earned yet. i say fix it , and make it so. PLEASE

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
i think you sholde have wolfs on wizard ad let kids port to were they need to go

Survivor
Mar 05, 2009
I think they should, mainly because of loading time. I remember downloading the worlds before I got to them so that I didn't have to wait when I really got there

Survivor
May 31, 2009
Definitely not. It spoils the suprise and excitement for that player when they finally get into that world. Also, the players who are actually questing have worked to get that far. Please address this issue properly...finally.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
People who have not reached higher level areas should not be able to teleport to higher level areas no matter what. Even if they're in, say, mooshu, they shouldn't be able to get to dragonspyre. It's not easy to get there, but they have to do it the right way. Also, you bring up a point with level five people teleporting to you in high level areas. That's just annoying and thats got to stop. Also, even if they want a sneak peek, they need to wait until they get there. Teleporting to someone there ruins the surprise as well. And its also really annoying when you're in dragonspyre doing a side quest with a level 5 person. They don't contribute well to fights and add extra enemies, and dragonspyre enemies are really hard to defeat.
-Grandmaster Balance and Storm, Level 45 Ice :)

Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
I don't think an all over block is necessary, but an option to block a port when you are in battle would be nice. That way you can decide if you want the "help" or not.

Thanks for listening.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi folks! It's that time again...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in the game get a peek-see at new sights, and even get an extra jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?

I don't see much of a problem with it, but I think that when the level 5 joins the dragonspyre battle, he/she shouldn't attract another enemy. But if a level 45 joins, it will attract the enemy.