Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
boo311311 wrote:
yes! personally i just cant Level up my newbies without getting them in labyrinth katz lab tree of life and many other paces instead of doing side quests plz KI dont change that!

Gabriel deathforge:50 Death
Devin DragonThistle:50 Life
Christopher SKullRider:50 Storm
Malorn StrongHeart:38 Fire
Jose HexBlade:21 Balance

yes i think they shud but not for like wc to ds not right just one world at most and some times you need to go to a place and cant go there yet what do you do then well that is all i got

ps no ice what with you man

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
I think that it would be nice that levels under maybe 20 could not jump into the other fights but over 20 it would be nice because if you are a higher level sometimes you need help and once you hit level 20 most are advance enough. Either that or make it so you have to be in a certain amount of levels of one and another because there has been many time that I needed help with quest and sometimes the only people that are on are the lower ranking friends.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
The only problem with the oft repeated "turn off your ports if you don't like low levels joining you" is this: It doesn't stop the low levels porting to other friends and wandering off and causing problems for everyone they run into. There are plenty of unmonitored kids on the game and their parents have no idea what they do on here. The other thought that the ports encourage them to lvl and get to that world is largely false too. I know a few players that are still questing in MB and MS after a year! Because they don't need to do anything else. If you are a playerr concerned that your niece, nephew, son, daughter etc can't get to the world. How about helping them lvl NOW so they can gain access. If they don't world lock Celestia the server load is going to be insane and those players that have had no way to lvl in the last 1 1/2 years aren't going to be able to now either. The lower levels have all the worlds to explore now and really don't need this too.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
This is supposed to be a family game. well not all my family can go as fast as others. We should be able to play together and sometimes that means porting. i teach them to only port when they I am alone. I know some people misuse this, but if they do tell them not to port and if they keep doing it remove them from your list. KI keeps changing the game first the no trading school cards and now this. I have two yearly accounts and one monthly account. If you keep changing the rules do we get our money back? I want what I paid for.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2009
I don't think they should be allowed in areas they have ot earned. I don't mind helping new people, get thru the harder battles, in areas I have already completed, But they are very anoying when they teleport into a higher level battle, adding another threat, using up all the traps you have already set up, just to increase their skill levels at your expense.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
khorrami wrote:
yes! i think wizards should be allowed to teleport to worlds that they have not earned yet!!! + it is a GREAT way to earn experience points!!!!!!!!!!!

please do not take this privilage away from them.
:(

I agree with you. You should be allowed to port to places that you have not unlocked. Its fun for the younger wizards and I just dont think it would be fair for you to take that away from them.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
i think lower levels should be able to goto higher level places and get experience from it and they learn their lesson when they cant level up pass level 25 because all the quests they skipped give them to little experience sp they can choose if they want to beat the game or level up so you CAN beat the game!!!! peace out home dawgs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
May 09, 2009
heck no i dont want lower level wizards in places because first its harder for the higher lvl to fights and its sometimes it will kill the fun but, super smart lvls (like 5 or something) can help if you communate with then the right wat :? :? :? :?

Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
No. I don't think lower level wizards should they should earn it like me and so many others did.

Survivor
May 02, 2010
I think that all wizards must ask permission to teleport to other wizards. just yesterday, a wizard that i had helped and forgotten to remove teleported to me in celestia tower (you cant do that anymore) and attacked the main boss, causing me and two other hard working wizards to have to start over ( i was on the last floor!!!!!!!)

Survivor
Mar 03, 2010
There have been many times i have taken non mebembers into areas they have acess to,so they can lvl up. However to find a wizard that is a lvl 10 or lower in DS, because a grandmaster let them port to them is wrong. We all worked hard to get to those lvls and did not ride the tails of a master to get there. I will be glad to help any novice wizard lvl up, but to take them to a world that is way above their lvl is wrong. Not only for the ones that worked to get there but the novice that need to lvl up.
Jazz

Survivor
Sep 29, 2009
kieranhawktalon wrote:
Hi,
my vote is NO, the people doing this dont really earn the XP points, it is the ones who took them to the un-earned area that are giving them the points, since they dont have the spells to battle the high level bosses alone like you can if you earn your way up, so the other person does all or the majority of the damage hits

now i will explain..

i guess i am pretty new to the game having only played for the last couple months,
i have a Grand Storm wizard and i am currently working on two others that are barely level ten

my opinion, having now gone thru the game doing every little side quest and helping as many people with theirs as i could in my time online, shows me that in a relatively short amount of time you can progress very well and become a Grand without venturing into what i say is un-earned areas, or as some people call it.. "power leveling" ..

this to me is something that should not be allowed , i understand that a majority of the people doing that are ones who are trying to get their second, third or even sixth wizard to Grand , and they dont want to have to play thru the whole storyline again, well that is a part of the game , that is how you EARN your Grand Wizard ,

and it should still take you much less time then your first Grand did as you will be able to bypass reading the dialouge and you should already know the deck construction and the best school spells to use against each of the schools to get higher kill rates

and besides, if you want to get technical about it... YOU arent really the one who is getting the XP, it is whoever brought you into the un-earned area that is GIVING you the points because 99 percent of the time they are the ones doing the hits because your wizard doesnt have the spells needed to do any damage to the higher level bosses

so for that fact alone this practice of "power leveling" should be dealt with
and stopped immediatly , be honest people! , you know your not earning these points

thank you for your time and allowing me to post my thoughts on this subject

have fun
if you need help with a quest or even ten of them, look for me i am around

Kieran Hawktalon

I second Kieran!! Some of the others said that maybe the person being teleported to should be asked first and I definitely agree with that.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2010
I say yes but wizards should only be able to go so far before having to stop like staying in main area

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:
I vote a resounding no. Though I personally have no qualms with those wanting to help their friends via porting, the problem arises from those who abuse the ability and cause problems for others. Some type of restriction needs to be imposed. You don't even have to take away the porting;many viable solutions have been suggested. Since you seem unaware of the numerous threads on this issue, I will list several possible solutions to the problem:

1) Increase threat- Several mmorpg's address this issue by increasing threat to lower levels. The bigger the difference in level,the more the mobs will redirect their ire toward the lower levels who enter combat. With the thought of impending doom,most lower levels would think twice before joining combat.
2) No exp/drops- take away the exp/drops gained from these areas,most people who don't belong there would probably not go there as much.
3)Non-combat- Simply take away the ability to enter combat for anyone who does not have proper access to an area via quest progression/spiral keys.

There are many possible solutions. Something needs to be done.Ignoring a problem doesn't solve anything,it makes matters worse. And up till now,admins silence on this issue has been deafening.

I agree with solution # 1 and 2. Solution # 3 would be a problem. Simply because if a lower level wizard is locked out of battle in DS, guess what he's going to do? He's going to be running all around the inside circle of that battle. That is not only annoying but simply rude. It can also impact your abilities to select an opponent you want to cast your spell on if he's standing right of front of him.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
i think lower levels should be able to port into new worlds just not be able to bye anything win gear ect.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
yes,because if you or 1 of your friends needs help & 1 of u don't have acsess
to that world, then u r in danger

Explorer
Dec 26, 2009
I think that things should stay the same. I am asked by my brother and friends all the time to help them with quests. If i can't go to the worlds they are on, that disappoints them, and i like getting the gold and experience you can get if you are on that world battling that worlds monsters. I also like collecting things from worlds i am not yet on.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
Now think about this you would be tearing families apart if you did this. Sure sometimes when a person ports to me i dont mind i can easily take out one more thing. Consider this i'm a lvl 50 nad i have a cousin if he is working on his lvl 14 and tries to drop by the world lock will stop him.I got enough experience to help low lvls. sometimes i port to higher people and they dont mind a lot.Consider this Now i also know a lot of you who dont like people porting to you just turn your port off and you wont have a problem and have to go . Anways lower lvl people can sometimes even help you with stuff. Say your fighting a boss and your bout to die a storm wizard could pop in and get th boss's attention and a life wizard could use some minor healing spells to keep you alive. Dont always think of low lvl people as noobs sometimes they can help a lot.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2009
I am not altogether against lower level players porting to higher levels, but I think there should be some limits. I have seen it suggested to limit the amount of XP players can get in higher levels. I think that is a good idea.

I think another good suggestion would be to limit how far ahead a wizard can jump. Say only let a wizard working through Wizard City go as far as Marleybone. Then, if they get to Krokatopia, they could port as high as Mooshu. But a level 10 or less wizard has no business being in Mooshu or Dragonspyre, and certainly not in Celestia.

The key is EARNING the right and ability to fight in the advanced realms of the spiral.

Thanks,
Karic Stormcrafter - Grandmaster Storm
Flint Firestrider - Grandmaster Fire

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
there is a very simple sulution to all this:

you know when you just come out of a battle and you look king of
see-through and when you go up to a monster the don't fight but when you become solid again they do, which i belive is a clever way to make it posible to get to the sidewalk again? well for players under level 45, speaking as a level 46 wizard, that you are like that in a world that you do not have accses to. that way they can still see all the sights and sounds but, they could not fight or do quests. i also think that the limit on level ristriction to a world be moved accordingly with the world. so say like this:

lv. 15 and above=accses to krok.
lv. 25 and above=accses to marelybone
lv.35 and above=accses to mooshoo
lv.45 and above=acces to ds.

but this is just to be able to fight after teleporting not to get the key.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2010
nah, dont let the lower level wizards able to teleport to higher level worlds. it spoils the suprises you get when you earn the right to get to a world. cuz if u go to a world u never went before, then be able to go there whenever u want, u wont be suprised at how the world looks and all. dont let lower level wizards go onto the higher level worlds. 8)

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi folks! It's that time again...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in the game get a peek-see at new sights, and even get an extra jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?

I think they should, If your a lower level than a person, You ask for help in a battle, They could teleport to you! :) But then again, You might not want them there. So there oyu have it, I'm in the middle - Cody Dragonbreath level 28.

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
I think it should be based on one of two things.

1. Quest advancement. Once you've finished the main quest-line of a world, you should be allowed into the next world. And, therefore, you should also be able to teleport into the world.

OR

2. Level advancement. Once you've attained a certain level, you should be allowed to teleport into the next world.
Wizard City - Level 1
Grizzleheim - Level 5
Krokotopia - Level 10
Marleybone - Level 20
Mooshu - Level 30
Dragonspyre - Level 40
Celestia - Level 50