Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
There should be limitations to lower level wizads to enter other worlds. Until they receive a quest that sends them to a new world, they should not be allowed to enter a new world. I don't mind helping lower level wizards, but give me the option to go and help, rather than them porting to me wanting help or ending up in a battle they should not be in. We don't want to tear apart friendships and be unfriendly, but provide us an additional page on our friends list, that shows the various levels of wizards. For example, anything between 1 and 10 on one page, 11-20, and then anything above 21 on the main friends list. This would allow us to make friends with them, and help them when we can. There is no need to shut lower level wizards out or call them names because they need help. Some wizards tend to forget they were a "noob" at one time and help is always needed no matter what level you are.

There should be a dozen realms strictly for high level wizards to go and help lower level wizards with their tasks. These realms should be in a different color to identify them. Higher level wizards should earn a pet for time spent in these realms helping lower level wizards. But it would need to be tracked by giving them help points. Once the helpful wizards have reached so many points for their assistance, they would earn a pet of their choice. The cannot earn points for just being in the realms. Then the points they earn, they can save up for bigger and better pets.

Let's make friends, not enemies and stop the name calling and bad language. May the spirit of magic help you in your decision.

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
i think you should be able to because it like a preview and it make you work harder to get there like am level 31 i was 28 when i comeplete kt i was so happy because i was there for to long of a time and i am doing the iron works i saw all the worlds when i was in kt i worked so hard so you see what i am saying :D :D

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
i need friends to beat malistaire or juton and frosmantle
evean if there level 1 to 50 my bro playse this game and he helps me
some times i tell him to in the battle first and i go in second and
say that theres and qest object bihind and i wouk brhind him and clected it
and he does not have acsess to it

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
I think lower lvls should go into higher lvl worlds because i like to farm for pets alot and of course, i have alot of them. So seriously, i dont want to want to stop my farming career.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2010
Hmm .. I don't Really Think That's a good idea.
Teleporting If A friend is there Is fine, Since you can Control Friends porting to you, But Porting Without a friend would just take the fun out of Finishing A world to go to the next,

I believe a good idea would be Is to give that ability to Players Who have other characters that have finished that part of the game, Other than that, Not really a good idea.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
i think you should let lower levels in because i remember when i was level 12 my goal was to reach dragonspyre. i always like to help low levels out.they should get to see all the fun that they are missing out on and everybody should at least be able to see CELESTIA for themselfs :D . make it funner for everbody

Survivor
May 31, 2009
i think we should be allowed to go to other worlds because what if we have a quest in marly bone and we are still in krockopia

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
I like the idea of restricting what younger wizards can do when porting to a world they haven't earned yet. I feel that one of the rudest and meanest things I encounter is begging: for treasusre cards, crowns, gifts, and access. I am "old school" I guess; earn it! And I hate being "pinged" in the commons by three or four players every time I enter it. I always reject these requests, because most of them are for begging, either now or later. Some players are cagey enough to wait before hitting you up for something; you might forget how you met and think this is an old friend.

One of the most annoying things I have run into is having my quest "stolen" by third-party porters. For example, I start in the Labyrinth alone; a friend ports in, then two of their friends port in. So far this is fine. But while I am exploring or fighting the second spawn of the Gallium Paladin, the strangers go defeat the Dean!

Also, someone mentioned leveling up pets through participation in fights. I also think that would be an excellent idea. It wouldn't have to be much; maybe a point or two per fight.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2009
I would not have completed the game without lower level friends helping, and I learned so much from helping friends in higher worlds.

I love the ability to see worlds ahead of time, help others, power level lower wizards, farm with friends, etc.

All my wizards run with ports open, and I DO NOT get unannounced visitors. Folks need to learn to turn their port off, and be selective about who they add to their friends lists. Turn friends requests off! Do NOT add just anyone who requests!
(For example, I won’t add anyone unless they promise NEVER to port to me without asking first.) I also have friends that are around my same level, so I don’t have friends using me for hitching rides.

If you have a list full of strangers that port at all times, Farm Jade Oni a little each day and remove them as they pop in! (Friends with text chat get ONE warning.)

As for your example of lower level wizards in Dragonspyre, if a level 5 Wizard joins a battle with me, I let them get themselves killed. (How else will they learn?) This is rare however if you have good friends and avoid crowded realms. Areas such as the Plaza of Conquests can become a noob hangout and quite a pain, but I’d take that over having the worlds restricted any day.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
Why would you take my kids chance to come battle with their Dad? Thats why i pay for my family accounts. Famliy fun. And an additional monster? hmph! no sweat! plz don't change it KI.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2010
I dont think they should be alowed because they always ask how do you get that spell it inoys you! And now when your in a place they cant go they dont anoy you. Now if you let them go the game wont be fun!

Survivor
May 03, 2009
Well,I think they should be able to,but only as a tour or at least a demo version of it.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2010
I think lower lvl should not be able to teleport to higher areas that they havent unlocked. the fun is in progressing fairly in the game not just going to higher areas

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
if you stop letting me do that i will quit and tell people bad thiungs about this game ok so stop!

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
Yes. But they have to earn the places in those worlds. For instance in dragonspyre they have to earn going to the dragonspyre academy. UNLIMITED ACCESS ONLY!

Survivor
Jul 22, 2010
Personally I think that wizards level 8 and up can port to other wizards in dragonspyre, grizzleheim, etc.. For example: If I was a level 6 wizard and my friend needed help in Dragonspyre, then I wouldn't be able to port to them. But if I was level 27 and my friend needed help in Dragonspyre, then I would be able to port to them.

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi folks! It's that time again...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in the game get a peek-see at new sights, and even get an extra jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?
well being that i pay to rent the whole game and not just what land i am in i feel i have the right to go where ever i please in the game and i do i really like to power lvl my wizards i have a lvl 29 ice thats still in wc with the quest and i dont feel you are all the way right when you say a young wizard is over there head in ds i have been in ds on more then 3 young wizard one time found 3 grandmasters doing the lab in ds and that i healed from one side of the lab to the other they was greatful to have me there being none of them was life i think i got 7 ot 8 lvls from it but for the most of the time if i am out playing it not to jump in someones fight that i dont know i play 2 wizards at the same time to lvl me up to me how is it not the same as my grand strom standing next to one of my noobs in krock i have did the game just about solo all by my self and its um a drag i will say and i got very bored doing this but to get down to the ? yes i feel its ok for a young wizard to be in ds remember this people them wizards just want to see the game or just want to lvl a little faster and like ambrose said when you see a young wizard that needs some help take the time to help them so dont get mad at them and i look at it like this the more people in the fight the less fight you need to fight so in that i feel they are helping you so what you have to heal them ever now and then didnt someone heal you one time when you was a young wizard

scot deathhammer grandmaster fire warlord
scot deathhammer grandmaster storm warlord
scot deathhammer grandmaster balance warlord
scot deathhammer lvl 29 ice warlord the tree of like the lab and some instance lvl in mooshu
morgrim grandmaster myth warlord
finnigan swiftblade grandmaster life warlord
flint boomhammer lvl 16 fire tree of life and the ds lab (only) not warlord:(

Survivor
May 24, 2009
I think that wizards shouldn't go to higher areas cause some people don't have friends in higher areas and they cant go. Why should others? I think the new worlds should be a surprise to younger wizards and let them see the world when it is their time. But then again, everybody needs a little help once and a while. :D

-Love Keena Skybreath!!!

P.S- I <3 wizards 101!!!

Survivor
Apr 06, 2010
I think they should, but get minimum xp so they don't just mark there location in that world and do quest there to level up quick.Like my friend helps me out in DS but then she gets full xp but i think she shouldn't.But then she's never doing the quest for the world she's in so she uping levels but should be in like a different worl like she should be in Mooshu but she's is in Marleybone.See what i mean.

Survivor
Sep 08, 2009
I think that people can teleport where ever they want to go because on my character i would have never been able to do some quests if i didn't get some experience from helping people in higher worlds. also you can get items that you can where when you are higher level. It would be to hard to get some things if i didnt port. Also when you port to people in a place you cant go it would be good to have help.

Hunter Spellbreathe
Grandmaster Diviner

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
Absolutely not. I have been playing for about a week now, and have about 15 friends. 3 of which are helpful as they know they can port in without being a hinderance. The others i have removed as the port in without asking or being asked. It's an issue i have when most of the lower levels only port in when i'm fighting a boss. A few just kept porting in frequently to fight on battles they would die, nearly instantly, in and QQ about heals and demanding that i heal them with sacrifice or another spell. I vote that lower levels wizards CANNOT port to a higher level wizard that is worlds ahead of them.

I could care less if it is fair or not, but i pay good money for a fun game. The lower levels have proven that they are more annoying than anything. When i was a lower level i would never think of porting somewhere like DS, GH, or even MB to help someone out UNLESS they asked for it. I understand it's mostly a game for kids, but because most of the players are kids I believe a world lock is necessary to keep the game fun for the older crowd that plays the game as well.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2008
I think that wizard low or high level should be able to go to any world, they just have to be a little sensitive to ask if they're friends are in a fight.I think its fair because all friends should be able to hang out together and have fun no matter what level.It's not fair to low level people saying that they cant have fun in a different world with they're friends because they are low level, it's like making fun of them because they are a low level.

:D I have friends that are low level.Why would i care, as long as they are great friends and I love hanging out with them that's all I care about. They need to me nice, fun to hang out with, say nice words, and that's mostly it i really don't care what level they are.

Have fun with your friends , be nice and SMILE BIG!

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
hi i am Kennethfireflame i think that we should be able to go ware ever we want, what about the people that cant afford to play sub that's not cool at all and plus we will be able to git to lvl what ever when ever we want things will be a lot easy than just buying it so i think we should. :)

Survivor
Nov 20, 2009
Absolutely not.

Progression through to the next world should be earned, and levelling up is perfectly easy to do with all the quests available. I got my first wizard to grandmaster without jumping ahead once, and I haven't even finished grizzleheim.

I do however like what has also been suggested here about wizards maybe (MAYBE) being able to view a following world, but not run into fights in it. Allowing a wizard who can't pull their weight in a fight drag an extra baddie in is always going to cause problems for the original quester, even if it's just in Krokotopia. After all, the game is set up with the battle ratios the way they are to be challenging anyway, and if that person is just about keeping on top of two nirni sentries (or whatever), they should not suddenly be landed with someone who won't have the firepower to be any use, and probably not as well-developed ideas about deck strategy either.

Survivor
May 09, 2009
i don't think they should because the reason why lots of people play is to get to ds. second of all low lvls will come in battle and knock of all your traps. third of all, they will come and do extra quests and get to high lvl and beat the game easyier than anyone else. forth of all when celestia comes out, its only for people who worked hard to beat the game. well my point is that the people who worked hard deserves it not the begginers.

Justin spiritrunner lvl 50 storm