Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 12, 2009
No, getting to a new world was exciting when I started playing, the experiance would be totally ruined if you let people into worlds they haven't EARNED yet.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
I think they should be able to get into worlds they are not ready for. It gives something to look forward to. I find it fun to help wizards level up.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2010
Ithink lower levels should be able to visit higher level areas! When I'm questing in an area that I'm not partial to, it keeps me motivated to push on to the next area since I know what I'm questing towards! I agree that lower levels porting in can 'mess' things up; however, if I have a friend who consistently does that and doesn't ask first if they can port to me I simply remove them from my friends list. A wave of the wand and Poof - Problem solved

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
Falmea, SNEEK PEEKS are GREAT! It is fine just the way it is.
MagnumDeltaForce has a middle ground for all, only porting 1 world up, no higher.
Addressing replys:
1. If you get Friends (Hootfl61)that ANNOY port to you "TURN OFF" your port! Or "REMOVE" that friend. (period)
2. NO ONE THAT HASN'T PAID for an area can PORT there anyhow (NannerFL).
3. GAINING Advancement, No harm in Sneek Peeks. (like Food samples) "Grizzleheim's" TRADE QUEST for example. It stimulates wizards to progress faster. They cannot stay in a ported to world for long because their wizard has not leveled enough to survive for long anyhow.
4. Friends requests shouldn't have been brought up here (Goodmood)but "TURN OFF" friends request! Who ever just ACCEPTS random friends deserves not hearing from them again after assisting!

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
i think wizards need to get to a serten lvl to be able to do that like lvl 25 or 30 to show that they are commited to the game to see if there going to play trew to make it to grand

Survivor
Jul 29, 2010
I believe that players that are paying members should be allowed to access everything and anything at all times. We are the ones that have to keep paying every year. While the crown only paying members have access forever to all worlds. Those are the ones that should be limited to accessing all worlds until they level up to get there and earn their way. I find that ridiculous that paying members are pretty much ripped off when they have to keep paying every year for access to everything. While crown paying members pay once. And unlocked forever. And I think that the members that pay every year should be the ones to allow who can teleport to them or not. And they should be able to see whos trying to teleport to them or if they are going to allow them access to everthing they are paying for. Thats who should have a say so in Wizard101. Paying members all year round are the ones that are supporting this game the most.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
I think wizards should be able to port because, in some worlds it gets boring and by letting them port in other worlds it encorrages to keep playing the game so that they can finally get there. This is only my opinion, i have 6 grandmasters, and a seperate account for fire that is level 45. So yes I do feel its ok and not hurting by them doing so..........TY aka. Paul Skyslinger

Survivor
Feb 24, 2010
I think that there should be a certin level to be able to do quests and be in fights like
Wizard City lvl 1-50
Krokotopia lvl 10-50
Marlybone lvl 20-50
Mooshu lvl 30-50
Dragonspyre lvl 40-50

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
I have been called many times by my buddies to help in a world I did not have access to yet. I always returned to my own world to finish my quests. It would be awful if I could not port to my buddies when asked to help just because I was a lower level or had not reached that world yet.

I do get those who port in and then port back out leaving me to battle the enemy they brought into the battle and that is sometimes very frustrating but you have the option to stop ports.

So I say leave the game alone. There are getting to many restrictions that interfer with the game. I hate logging on and finding that I can not longer trade my spell cards or enter places I have had access to.

Others have voiced this opinion also.
8)

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009

Heyy, Professer Falmea! I am a fire student of yours. Down to business. My awnser would probably be NO. I am say no because I really think you should earn that privilege to use Bartlby. I had a character that could go to other worlds, but I deleted her. WORST decision I ever made!

cheese922

Survivor
Jun 25, 2010
There needs to be balance here. I would say no to unearned worlds, But still allow teleporting to freinds in Sections of any given world that you have earned your way onto, but may or may not have unlocked yet. If you take it away completely, it will make interactive gameplay with other players that you meet virtually impossible.
For families playing, you could allow exceptions through your true friends section of Code in the game

Survivor
Oct 19, 2009
i think that my post will never be seen but i think that the soultion is turn off freind teleports or dont befreind everone. i have a level 38 and only 4 freinds and three i know outside the game cause i got them into it
Nicholas lvl38

Survivor
Sep 28, 2008
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi folks! It's that time again...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in the game get a peek-see at new sights, and even get an extra jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?

I think it's great that we're able to do that. Maybe it is a little dangerous but it's fun. Think about it this way; your friend wants to help you complete a quest in krokotopia but you don't have it unlocked, you can teleport to your friend and finish the quest. Besides, I have a friend that was fighting the Jade Oni, I was only level 25 at the time but I was the one who slayed the Oni, even if it was hard atleast it was fun and you can enjoy the other worlds without unlocking them, and that is why I think you should allow other wizards to teleport to others worlds they have not unlocked.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2010
I think that things are good just the way they are. If there are wizards that do not like lower level wizards teleporting to them in other worlds all they have to do is turn off the freind teleporting option. And leave things the way they are for those of us that are already used to the game and like it the way it is. Thank you.

Survivor
Sep 28, 2008
Nesogra wrote:
My thoughts on the world lock:
It is unwise to remove an ability from the game because many players begin to rely on it. So adding a world lock on the current worlds is a bad idea. However you could make a world lock on all the new worlds. If you do decide to make a world lock on Celestia and the following worlds they must be released with the lock. If Celestia and the following worlds do not have a lock when release, like the current worlds, it would be unwise to add them retroactively.

I really don't care weather or not you make one or not but if you decide to have one it must be there when Celestia is released.

I totally agree with you, players should be aloud to do what they please with the current worlds.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
No, I don't think they should. When they do, it is called riding on their friend's success. Most people work hard for where they move up to.
For example, I've been to DS and have seen a level seven there. So
totally out of his element.
I don't want to see anyone there less than level 48 because it would mean to me that they didn't work for it. To me, it is a earned priviledge to go to Celestia.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2009
In a word, NO! People should not be able to port into areas they have not earned themselves.

Is it convenient to have someone get you into an area for a quest spell? Sure.
Is it nice to get help from someone that has not gotten your quest? Sure.
Are people paying for the privilege of playing? Of course.
Have people gotten used to being able to do it, and will they be disappointed? Sure, some will. And some will be overjoyed.

I loved it when the game was changed to prevent people from getting the Savior of the Spiral badge unless they had the quest. I have seen countless people who ported in to the Malistaire fight just to get the badge. Seeing level 1 people with the badge makes the badge worthless for those of us who earned it. I would be happy if no one could enter an area unless they had gotten the quest. Of course, that is just me, but that is why they posted the question, no?

Many quests give no experience if you have already completed them. Why not eliminate experience unless you have been given the quest? No quest, no badge, no experience, no boss drops. That would eliminate the incentive for most people to port into places they otherwise could not go, while allowing people to get help from people that have not opened that area. The incentive is then placed where it should be, on completing the quests you have been given, in order to advance in the game.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2009
I think lower levels should be able to go to higher level worlds. I mean, my level 32 myth would be more a level 22 myth right now and my level 18 ice wold be a level 8 ice if it weren't for jumping worlds. Plus better pets and stuff in higher worlds, it gets boring in wizard city and krok you know. Sorry to people who disagree with me, I am just sharing how I feel about low levels going to higher worlds.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2010
I think they should be allowed to teleport to their friends/family in worlds they have not unlocked. There have been plenty of times where I needed help in a dungeon or just fighting a boss and there were no "appropriate" level wizards around to help. I would then ask someone on my friends list to teleport to me to help, regardless of level, and they have performed just fine.

I understand the frustrations of a few wizards on this subject but I believe the issue is not as big a problem as some are making it out to be.

Maybe one idea is to not allow them to mark a location in a world they have not unlocked. This would not allow lower level wizards to come and go as they please but rather only allow them to visit while their friend/family member is there. To take it a step further, once the friend/family member logs off the lower level wizard will then be teleported to their last home area.

If the above is not doable, then I think it should be kept as is.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
YES!
For one, the wizard paid REAL money to have the opportunity of being able to see other worlds.They should be able to port to friends in higher areas and have the right to any experience gained from fights in those areas (becaused they would have to had fought to earn it in the first place).
Second, as another member pointed out, Wizard101 promises UNLIMITED access to other worlds on the back of their own game cards.Changing this would go against what was promised to the game card subscription users and would potentially pose as a risky financial move for Wizard101.Game card subscriptions appear to be a popular step up from the "FREE" Wizard101 account, and usually lead to a monthly or yearly paid subscription.Again, taking away the "porting to a friend in a higher world" option could discourage paying users from playing, at an early stage in their subscription.
And, even in places such as Mooshu or Dragonspyre, most of the fights against a boss don't add more to your fight if another person joins. This is however different if you are fighting in the road, then yes, it does add more to fight off.If the higher level wizard has an issue with lower level wizards porting to them, it is THEIR OWN FAULT for not specifically TELLING the lower level to either: "please DON'T port" or for not closing their ports.Or even going as far as unfriending someone who you have tried the first two options with, yielding no results. It is your choice if you want friends to port to you and your choice as to who remains your friend.
My own expectation of myself and of any friends that port to me in a higher world is: if you add more to the fight, either kill what you brought, fight until you die;hopefully putting the biggest dent in the enemy you can (in game it does not matter much if you die in a fight because you end up in a safe place where you can get your health back up, and even port back to your friend to try and help them finish the fight.) or stick it out and stay until the fight is over. It is VERY irritating if a friend ports and says something along these lines : "Oh, hi! What is THAT?" and then flees. OR if a friend asks YOU to please port to help THEM with a fight and then THEY flee, leaving YOU to fight off a random boss with a zillion health. That has happened to me on many occasions, with a few of my higher level, Ex-friends.
Besides, some of the fights might end up being more fun with a friend as opposed to fighting alone. Even a lower level wizard can be fun to chat with and useful to have around if for example: they were a healer and you need healing, or pyromancer and you need that pesky enemy henchman taken out.
To sum this up,I DO BELIEVE that lower level wizards SHOULD be able to port to friends in higher worlds.
Ty for reading this, cya 'round the Spiral!
Sincerely, N.S.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2009
Hmm, this is a tricky one....

I agree with both, lower levels seeing sneak peeks, and us, higher levels, having to fight off the rest of the tough guys when the lower level flees.

I say that wizards should have access to whoever they would like to let teleport to them. For example: It's kind of like that thing where you can send people out of your house, but with a little twist. Say a level 45 wizard is battling in Dragonspyre, and his/her level 9 wizard teleports, like what you said, and drags another monster into the battle, then flees. You should be able to go on your friends list and choose who you wouldn't mind if they ported. Another example: A level 50 wizard has some friends. Lets say there's a level 6 and three 40-50's online. That level 50 wizard is about to go fight Malistaire. He/she should be able to look at the Wizards' status thing and there's a button that he/she and click to allow that wizard to teleport if they want or not.

Well, theres my opinion

Survivor
Jun 16, 2010
i dont think that people who dont have that one place shouldnt be able to come there cause one time i was waiting for one of my grand friends to help me with malistaire then my adept friend ported to me and i got really mad im a grand so i dont blame my friends for asking for help but when they port to me when im fighting a hard boss it just makes me mad

Survivor
Apr 11, 2010
It is useful to be able to port to other worlds and fits in with the storyline, since a friend in another world you don't have access to effectivly acts as a conduit through which you can access that world.

To solve the problem of low levels porting in, have a simple message box appear asking if you will allow it OR include a settings option of blocking certain level characters from porting to you.

Taking it away makes no sense, as most people who have finished the game level up secondary characters this way - if they couldn't do that they would stop playing altogether.

Survivor
Mar 19, 2009
I think things are perfect the way they are. I mean someone could be level 37 and still be on marleybone as to someone who is level 29 and on mooshu. Anyway its a great way to level up! Also Disabling things that wizards enjoy on the game is also taking some of the fun

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
I think they should be allowed to, but if they don't have a key to that world, they get VERY minimal (maybe 1%) experience points for anything they do. For example, for a quest that would normally give 2800 experience points, they would get 28. This would probably deter them from going there to 'power level', which in my opinion takes a lot of the fun out of the game.

Rogan Firehammer.

i agree with this

they should not be able to "boost"

the idea of an mmo is to EARN your way to a new place
so no