Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 24, 2008
well when you said a lvl 5 cant handle ds mobs i understand but my life can kill the new ds mobs when he was lvl 25 or so. my soultion is that you have to get to at least lvl 20 or 25 before you can teleport to worlds you have not unlocked. also i've been saved on my ice before wherei had no high level friends but ask a couple lvl 20 or higher and it's just as good sometimes better. option 2 is having a quest a certain level to see if you can handle other worlds mobs juts a simple quest fighting mobs from each worlds and maybe 1 boss.

Survivor
May 09, 2009
I think that we already have the ability to control who ports to us. We have the Allow Porting tab to activate and that makes people on your friend list send you a message to ask if they can port to you. So that leaves you in control already of who can port to you. You just need to know how to turn that on or off.

What I don't like is that anyone can just walk into your fight and you have no way to stop them. Giving us the option to click on a tab (allow walk-in joining) would put you in similar control of others being able to come into your fight or not. For those in a mood to solo adventure, they could solo all they want and not have to worry about others coming in and bringing extra unwanted monsters. Similarly for those who like group adventuring, you can control who comes into your battle, and you aren't stuck with some random kid who ported to someone else and then walks into your fight and they are critically overmatched and constantly hounding you to heal them or they just leave and you are stuck with extra unwanted monsters.

I think creating a new tab (allow walk-in joining) is the better solution.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
yes! i think wizards should be allowed to teleport to worlds that they have not earned yet!!! + it is a GREAT way to earn experience points!!!!!!!!!!!

please do not take this privilage away from them.
:(

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
I hate when people join your battle in grizzleheim and krokitopia beacuse they get another monster in your battle this is why i think no.:
1). If they are trying to lvl up when they are a begenner they die and complain.
2.) They complain to the site and the site changes the monsters to be more... easer to kill and makes the higher lvl's that can get to the areas have troble with all the novces wizards and make the higher lvl's quit.

3.) If they dont have any quests then i think they shouldnt have to be able to hhave acess to that area until they earn it.

4.0 if the site changes the mosters to have lower health then the exp. points in the higher lvl area's drop like 100 and you only get a certin anmout .

5.) If the exp. drops a certin amount then it will take alot of time to lvl up the higher lvl's. 8)

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
I do not believe that lower level wizards should have access to areas that they have not earned except for one problem... Level 28 spell quests require you to go to places you aren't ready for... I had to go to Chelsea Court on my balance guy... And Crimson Field with my death... If we are not to allow lower level wizards into areas not earned then change where the spell quest sends those level wizards...

Survivor
Mar 11, 2009
I think that low low levels should be able to teleport to higher levels and wizards that do not have acsess to a certain world that they should be able to preview it

Survivor
Feb 28, 2010
I have currently go to worlds that I have not progressed to in the story line. I do this by porting to friends who most generally have asked for my assistance. I think it is a win-win situation. I help them defeat their foes with out it adding additional foes to the battel. It in turn helps me gain experience points, gain experience defeating certain "bosses", and I regerally gain treasure cards or other articals from the fight that I can use in my own progress. I am currently fighting foes in Mooshue that I have helped no less than five other friends defeat. Many of them I am defeating by myself because I am stronger than they were when they faced them. As long as the person has paid-to-play I think they should be allowed to help and be helped.

Survivor
May 27, 2010
Although it can be a nuisance, think about this. Most of you on here probably enjoyed going to see a friend in another world as a noob ( no offense), getting a few quick lvls and talking around. Now what if you hadn't been able to do that, a lot less people would play w101, and it wouldn't be nearly as much fun.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
I do think wizards should be able to port into worlds they havnt earned yet. It gives them a chance to see what is gonna be up next. It also is gonna make them want to lvl up to get to that world.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
I think you should have to be like level say 20 to get into dragonspyre fights and if you say are below level 20 you can go into the world but not the fights so

Survivor
Jul 10, 2010
All of my spell quest for all of my wizards were in places that I did not have access too.. It was because I was able to teleport to a friend there that I was able to get those spells. Whether it was needed to access chelsea court, or other parts of the spiral. But I didnt needlessly jump in a fight. So please KI dont change it.. I would hate to wait till i was lvl 30 to finish my lvl 28 spell...

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
No I don't think that lower wizards should be allowed to port to higher
level worlds. Everyone should have to earn that privaledge. Some of us players had to work very hard to level up.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
nothing is worse than spending a week farming a boss, and level 18 is in ds, jumps in on my battle, mess up all my traps, and then gets the drop i want, and when in a battle of four people, i am the only one that should be in DS, it is happening more and more and is getting more and more frustrating, and then they are rude to you. It is getting to be just as many low levels in DS than their is people who is supposed to be their. even if you dont get their threw the spiral, it should be a level cap, no more than 5 lvls lower than what should be in that world, that way you dont have to fight 4 bad guys while the noobs are just passing and chatting away, and they get credit.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
YES! YES! YES!

i pay money for this game and if this is changed i would consider that evil and selfish stop trying to change the game so much.

KI made it successful this way and should keep it.

KING ISLE stop changing things just so you can earn more money.
money isn't everything

if you change it too much you might loose what you worked so much for in the beginning and lead the game to it's death.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2009
As others have already pointed out, Wizard 101 is a family-oriented game which promotes social interaction and friendship. Let's keep it that way by not imposing unneccesary restrictions. Lower level wizards should be able to join their friends and family members of any level in any world, provided that they have access to that world through a subscription or a crowns purchase.

Faster levelup is a benefit of having friends! This is true regardless of which world the combat takes place in. Are we also going to restrict grandmasters from Unicorn Way? While it is true that more experience points are gained in Dragonspyre, credit is not given for quests which have not yet been assigned. In other words, a wizard must still complete each storyline quest in order to train for those high level spells

It is rare that a lower level wizard who jumps into combat with me causes my defeat, and even experienced wizards occasionally foil my plans, e.g. by consuming a trap with a wand spell. It keeps the game interesting :) Granted, there are few miscreants who intentionally go out of their way to make our lives miserable, but we shouldn't penalize everyone else for their actions. This sort of annoyance can be avoided by choosing a quiet realm before entering combat.

More often than not, a lower level wizard who ports to a world such as Dragonspyre has already "been there, done that" as another wizard. In other words, he or she will have the knowledge and experience to help in combat--sort of like a minion but with more intelligence So, if these wizards survive despite not having high level spells, let them have the higher experience points and other rewards; they earned them :)

We already have a privacy option that allows us to accept or decline teleports. If this is not sufficient, perhaps the faculty could give us a third teleport option which allows us to accept or decline a "go to location" request on a per wizard basis. Such requests would include the requesting wizard's school and level as is already done with friend requests. In the event that the request is declined, subsequent requests from the same wizard could automatically be declined until the declining wizard either changes the option or until he or she logs out and back in again. The existing message could be used for all declined requests.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
yes thay should this gome looks to me to be a teem eferts game and the chalenges get harder the higher you get so if a lower level player can help then let them even if all thay do is tack a fue hits so you can last longer i think it showes teem work with people you dont even no out side this game thanks for the chance to voice my thoughts

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
I think that if they teleport to a higher level world, that the person they teleport to should be given a little screen-"Would you like _____ to teleport to you?" and then Yes/No buttons.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2008
Let's face it, the real issue is not that lower levels are teleporting to worlds they haven't earned yet, it's what they do when they get there.

There are very simple solutions that make everyone happy.

1. A player who has not earned entry to a world through the storyline and questing can teleport to a friend in that world but cannot take any quests in that world.

2. A player who has not earned entry to a world through the storyline and questing can teleport to a friend in that world, but when defeated in a duel are returned to Wizard City Commons, not the Commons of that world.

3. When in a battle in any world, a player who passes draws a little bit of agro from the creatures in the duel. When in a battle, a player who times out draws a lot of agro from the creatures in the duel. This will prevent players from leeching experience without participation.

4. When in a battle in any world, a player is defeated, the creature that they drew into the duel becomes less interested and has a high chance of just wandering off. This will prevent people from drawing a creature and leaving the other teammates to clean up their mess.

Voila!

Family members are happy that they still get to help their younger players level up through duels.
Solo players are no longer irritated by those who hang around worlds they haven't earned entry to.
Lower level players still get a chance to teleport to see the worlds and actively participate in duels.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2009
Survivor
Sep 07, 2008
No, I think they should earn it. However, how many times have I asked a higher lvl friend to get me into an area so I could get a quested spell.

I would like to see a teleport conformation box. You could see who the person is and their lvl. This would help in many situations. I like to leave my teleport to friends on, but then sometimes everyone and their brother comes to you. With a conformation box, you can make that decision with each individual request.

My 2 cents worth :)

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
well to me it doesn't matter but if a low level teleports to you and you can't clean up the mess then you are very weak. :mrred:

Survivor
Jan 30, 2010
Yes, I think they should be able to teleport to explore the other worlds of the spiral. :)

Survivor
Nov 28, 2009
YES!!! Somtimes when you have friends in higher levels, you should be able to help them. There shouldn't be a problem with helping.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
Yes I think it is fine for lower level wizards to gain access to higher level worlds. I think that it would be very good to have a button to not allow certain friends to teleport at the time (like the turn of teleports button). This would solve the problem of the annoying times of adding creatures with low level friends, but also let a friend give them a chance to see the next world.

Survivor
May 12, 2009
I am amazed at the sheer number of responses to this question. Players obviously feel very passionate about this topic. My sons and I have played almost 2 yrs on three accounts, so I feel qualified to offer my opinion:

My first instinct is to say "absolutely" no. I have never enjoyed low level players, that didn't belong in the area I was in, joining in my matches. I have a problem with players doing high level quests to "power level" their low level wizards. I also was never impressed with 30th level players with "Savior of the Spiral" title over their wizard. Who does? But after the Pet Patch last spring, I see a need for players to have access to every world in the game. The best Pet Snack vendors are located in the higher level worlds, so players that want to level up their pets really need to get there. I am completely in agreement with the other feedbacks that suggest that players, in a world they don't have access to, should not gain any XP or items from matches, and definitely should not get side quests.