Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Munstroven wrote:
I DEFINITLY think they shoud NOT be allowed to port to areas they have not EARNED! By doing the quests in order that the game is set up for they learn how to use thier spells. It is very annoying to have a wizard that "appears" to have a higher level - say 28 - then find out they havent even finished wizard city quests. They complain its too hard, then you end up having to do all the work to defeat monsters they have added because they are in your fight.

Gaining access to areas should be EARNED not given - please stop them from being able to do this! I have no idea how you can, but PLEASE FIND A WAY TO STOP THEM FROM PORTING TO AREAS THEY HAVE NOT EARNED.
subscribers earned the right to go t every world by bying the game

Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
leave every thing like it is its perfect how every thing is it would not be fair to most people even me because i am level twenty and i still go to dragon spire because i subscribed every thing should stay the same because whats the point if you subscribe if you cant go where ever you want?

Survivor
Apr 24, 2009
I think that for each world, they will have a battle lock. In the chart on the bottom, the levels are the levels not allowed to battle. This lock is only until they unlock that world They are allowed to explore the worlds, but they can not battle. Also, this would mean they wouldn't be allowed to go in dungeons unless allowed to. Along with the battle lock, when a player UNDER that level tries to join, each person must select their choice of a box (a good idea for all battles). For example, if Darby ThunderCloud is level 35 and asks to join a battle in DragonSpyre, then the players in this battle (say, Laura WinterGlade and Emily WaterFriend) have a choice to let Darby into their battle. If declined, they will not be in their battle, but if accepted, they can.

Wizard City: None
Krokotopia: 1-9
Marleybone: 10-19
MooShu: 20-29
DragonSpyre: 30-39
Celestia: 35-44

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi folks! It's that time again...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in the game get a peek-see at new sights, and even get an extra jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?

I think they should be aloud to. the non subscribers can only get up to triton ave., unicorn way, and haunted cave in wiz city! :(. they cant get into krokotopia or... ANYTHING! you should really recemmend letting them do it.

Hannah thunderflame
lvl forty nine pyromancer

Survivor
Feb 16, 2010
Good morning. My opinion is that when someone ports to you brings in extra enemies and then leaves should not be allowed. I think a penalty should be put into place for doing so. Maybe instead of banning porting for lower level wizards to higher realms give us the option to block out friend requests for anyone under the age of 18. Not to be rude but I am here to play a game. It gets really annoying to me when i have some kid asking me constantly if i want a Boy o' friend?

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
Survivor
Jan 14, 2010
it would not be fair because what if someone wanted to meet someone else and they could not port?
what would they do ?

Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
my parents upgrade ours subscriptions to the family account so i had to start over again. my brother ask for help ( he is on level 45 ) i am on level 5 i with ne w account but with the old one my brother and i sheared i was on level48 . but for us to play together i started over again . if my parents are paying for it i should be able to go any were i wont to, and if my brother or friends ask for help i shoulb be able to do that , On the old aacount the i sheared with my brother i went any were i wonted to who are you to say i can not or i did not pay for a subscription . or if i choose th start over again.
I feel that if someone ask for help and you wont to help you should be able to no matter what level you are on. for the person who feels you should go out and work and pay to play this is for kids i don't work but my parents do.
their are some pepole who parents work very hard to pay the bill and can't afford it. be nice becaues you can.
:)

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
i think it should be allowed, but only to a certain extent. like, if you're in dragonspyre or a hard place like that, only a certain level below you can teleport to you. such as, if you're level 48, then only friends like 35 and higher can teleport to you if they haven't unlocked that world yet. but friends that are about level 10 or something shouldn't be allowed to go in because they're just going to be a neusance to the friend who is in a high level battle.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2009
I was just farming a dungeon for specific reagents and drops and when unexpectantly a "friend" ports in. This changes the whole game. As I was playing now I had to fend off this new player to get the item that I needed. So, I too feel that at least in dungeons, the other player should have to ask before porting in. I was so upset with this "friend" I deleted them. My pet peeve is the player that ports in and proceed to take over the dungeon. It is your dungeon and/or quest but they run it as if you weren't there. That is not helping. That is just aggravating. In my opinion they are not there to help you just themselves, so I delete them. I think an ask first option would be great. I have ported into areas that I haven't got to yet, so that I could do a teacher quest. And sometimes, I get request for help from people in areas that I havent got to yet. So again, I think an ask first option would be great. It still allows the porting of lower players and cuts down on unexpected visits. peony552

Survivor
Oct 18, 2009
I dont think you should be able to because its part of the fun, seeing new worlds and also if the low levels could go to say dragonspyre, they would keep dying.

Catherine Mythflame level 41 thaumaturge
Add me if you see me! :D

Survivor
May 20, 2009
I think that certain wizards be allowed to teleport to other worlds and be allowed to play in them if they are of siqnificant level to be there. Case in point, I'm currently a lvl 46 wizard having worked my way up through the ranks. However I am currently unable to finish (2) outstanding quests in world Grizzleheim (they are the Yardbirds and the History of grizzleheim quests) due to the fact that I haven't defeated Jotrun in the Halls of Valor. If I was able to teleport directly to Ravenscar,,then I could complete those outstanding quests. I don't if this answer applies to the main question or not,but I'm submitting it anyway

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
Yes I think wizards should be able to port into worlds they didn't unlock in the spiral. Why I think that is because you should experience what dragonspyre or mooshu or whatever world it is is like. :-)

Survivor
Aug 19, 2009
I think yes because if they were not aloud to teleport where people are not aloud to go than the person who needs help with a solo boss will lose.And they will never finish it,they would not get help if a person was fighting a solo boss.Solo bosses are bosses that people cant not teleport to,so if they are fighting a solo boss they should be able to teleport.

Survivor
May 03, 2010
I think that people should be able to port into the world for a brief quest and then not be allowed in until a certain level after they are done with the quest.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
No I don't think they should be allowed to it causes problems for those working on quests.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
The free players of course should not be allowed to port to any of the higher lvl worlds. I think the lower lvl players who do have a subscription should be able to port; however, if any of us high lvl's do not want them porting them we should block the free port.

I have one remaining low lvl and i do want to be able to port to other worlds through my friends but i do ask before porting. easy way to complete the crafting quests for those that do it would be to complete them at an early stage of your character's development.

I would say let them port but the high lvl's should be smart enough to block port if they don't want low lvl's to port without asking. Or KI should add an option to let us pick what lvl friends should be able to port to us.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
I don't think it's fair to those of us that have worked to get where we are. True a sneak peek of what's to come ahead is always exciting, but it's not very exciting when your fighting Firevein and someone jumps in adding more creatures to fight. Then what happens? Of course the lower level either flees or is defeated rather shortly because they just weren't ready for the encounters. If we are to allow wizards who have as of yet not earned the right into the different worlds access, then I say at least restrict it to the worlds common area where it is both safe for them, and us.

Kevin Nightrider lvl 48 Pyromancer
Rebecca Mythbreaker lvl 50 Thaumaturge.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
yes because it can give something to look forward to i think that they shouldent be able to engage in fights... and no side quests.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2009
If you pay MONEY/subscribe you have to be able to get to any world one way or another. If wizard 101 changes it, it could become a money issue.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
Ok, there is a lot to this weeks topic, and many aspects that bring to play other concerns as well. I remember my first "sneek peek" into upper worlds on my first wizard, and it was cool to see what was ahead. for one, I avoided actuall fights if I could, except for an attempt at enemies in ds while I was in krok. it scared the living daylights out of me, and I called my friend to come help. but also got crazy xp, not only in game, but as a player as well. However, I didn't just sit there and let my friend do all the work either.
I like the idea of going into upper areas for a few reasons, it is a way to be able to hang out with friends that may be further along then you are, then they come back and help me when it is my turn, and vice versa.
Where problems come in, and I'm sure it is mentioned before, is when a lower wizard causes problems in a fight: fleeing after extra enemies show up, hitting feint and other traps with wand spells. Usually, when I'm playing one of my lower wizards, and I want to port to a upper level friend, I will send them a message, and ask if I can port, or join the fight. after all, the fight might also be almost over.
so, in conclusion, I like the idea, so long as there are basic rules of curtisey shown. If I have a friend that tends to port in and cause problems, even after I ask them to be nice about it, I then start thinking of removing them from my friends list. It comes down to respect.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
sure, why not....its called power leveling(plvl). It happens in every and any mmorpg.

the emphasis should be, if a lower level wizard dies in a place that is more advanced than they are ready for.... higher level wizards should not be responsible. similar to the concept of "buyer beware", just in this case....wizard beware, you might die.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
ugh my dad isnt letting me play on wizards yet no way should they let other players go into other worlds they havnt earnd the area's.
I had to get 4 cards to get to lvl 26. oh, anyone working on the obleslek carving in The valat of ice? im working on it if you are my char.'s name is " Julia sky blume." met me at headmasters house the code is juila im going to help you. Quote ." muhaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahah."

Survivor
Mar 09, 2010
yes i think so but only if you have an account that has unlocked the worlds this way if your friend needs help in mooshu or somewhere and your in wizard city but like level 20 and life and he needs healing then you need to help him plus i have a grand balance 40 storm and 32 life that i use all the time so when i was in wizard city even at level 5 my friends wanted me port to mooshu or ds because no matter what level you are you can always help :D

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
When I am playing one of my three grand masters its nice to be able to help the lower level wizards but I really don't like it when they teleport in without asking! I worked very hard to get my wizards to the Grand Master level and I feel that everyone should have to go through the whole experience! Thats the whole point of the game!

But on the other side of that, I have three lower level wizards and I appreciate it when a Grand Master is willing to help me move up the Spiral.

My first wizard is a Life Grand Master now, and I admit that she did teleport to Mooshu as a level 28 to play with my sisters. It was fun playing in a high world at a higher level.

I think that if KI decides to continue to allowing this kind of teleporting they should create a system where the lower level wizard has to either ask for permission from a Grand Master or something.

There are alot of wizards who port into a battle, wait for the monster to appear then port back out. Or they simply port in and do nothing simply to gain the experience points.

As a Grand Master I have help other wizards to complete the worlds they working in. But I DO NOT bring anyone into a higher world if they are not ready to play there,