Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 28, 2010

Yes, continue to let wizards teleport in.

One of my favourtie things about this game is that we have the choice to either follow the main sotryline or to play in a non-linear manner.

I have no problem with lower level wizards being in higher level worlds. By the time I got to DS I knew my school of magic well enough to have formed strategies to be able to deal with an extra mob coming into a fight.

On my first couple of grandmasters I played through the game the linear way, doing all the main and side quests in order. On my current wizards I'm having fun teleporting to and playing with my higher level friends.

I have soloed through the game, but for me playing as a team is the most fun way to play and team-play means that traps and feints are there to be used by all the wizards fighting in that team and not just the person who places them.

Open teleporting brings variety and choice to the gameplay. Variety and choice bring more fun :)

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
N everything is good as it is. If you made it so though. I probably would quit this game. That takes to fun of killing the higher bosses over and over. It challenges some low levels that play so why not let them? If you did change it I would be so sad!

Life: Level 49
Balance: Level 42
Myth: Level 25
Storm: Level 22
Ice: Level 18
Death: Level 23

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
kanedeathhammer wrote:
This is a very hot topic for some wizards among the community. As an avid player with multiple accounts I've seen certain areas fill up with lower level wizards and 45+ wizards yell "foul!" However, it really goes both ways. Yes having a low level wizard join your fight in DS can be annoying sometimes because their health/spell deck isn't quite ready to handle the mobs but think about what would happen if Kingsisle started incorporating "world locks" as many users have implied.

Being a family based game suddenly families and friends would be torn apart. The daughter with her level 14 wizard wouldn't be able to pop in and see what dear old dad at level 36 was doing in Mooshu. Is that the message that KI wants to send to their players?

Or think about this scenario, you (lvl 47) are in DS soloing a boss and are about to die, your life wizard friend (lvl 28) has 6 spells that he can port in and keep you alive with, however being a lower level and not having access to that area yet he isn't allowed to port because of a world lock.

It's a very sensitive subject to have to discuss, personally I can see both sides of the story. In the game we are told to quest for Spiral Keys to unlock the door to certain worlds only to find out we can simply port and check out the worlds just the same. Seems kinda unfair, no?

Personally I don't mind lower level wizards running around in higher level areas. So they bring in one more bad guy, big deal. By this time I've learned enough strategy and have enough notches in my belt that one extra bad guy isn't going to tip the scales.

I hope whatever KI decides on this matter they think about the effects it will have on ALL wizards, families, friends, young, and old.

The whole point of this is you are a wizard and wizards can be forward thinking, as well as cunning in finding ways to obtain what they need! If you are going to make rules on this, you also have to change other things, like ICE needing to get ahead into MB to obtain their minion, or KT to get blades. Let's remember that those who have lower level friends obviously added them so simple answer is, if you don't like it when they port, remove them from your friends list or stop complaining!

I usually warn lower level players about porting without asking first and if they continue to ignore that warning they get removed and I get peace! I do not need someone to change the rules, I am mature enough to understand that we already have the controls we need to make the game suit our personal requirements, with the ability to remove, ignore, or stop all friends from porting, opening up portals for those you want in then shutting the door. Simple. Move on people, we have all used the ability to port to higher levels to obtain something we need or just to level up and get stronger for those low level fights!

Now could we start a discussion on expanding the game please? :D

Survivor
Nov 11, 2008
There should be something in the player "allow world under teleports" (no battle, no, yes) if it is no then no. if it is no battle, then the players can teleport and talk, but not battle. If it is yes, then they can help with that battle and then it is set back to no battle for them.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2009
Um in way i would say NO I mean look at this you are lvl ( 49 ) and a lvl ( 2 ) comes along and joins your battle :? that means another guy comes and they can not help fight it :x that will get anonoying if all lvl ( 2 ) people came along and all 4 guys came and you are they only one fighting them

Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
I think that lower levels should be able to go to there friends so they can see what the other worlds look like.

Explorer
Nov 01, 2008
I don't think people should be allowed to port into an area they have not earned. In other MMorgs however, they would let people take a ride in the sky to preview the future worlds, and they either showed the real people fighting the monsters in the area or they would use fake people such as henchmen fighting. It gives people who havent subscribed a reason to so that they can make it there and they will feel great when they do. I say give people a preview of this stuff but not let them into the area to fight and gain levels and experience.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
well i think my attitude changes on this subject by toon, if i am on my death, storm, or balance i would probably like it, but if i am on my myth or life i wouldnt appreciate it much, i think the answer is aggression, the problem is when the low level enters the fight chances are they wont get hit because the agro is already on someone else, plus it would be very funny watchin low levels die in one hit in dragonspyre

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
i dont think wizzards should be able to use the spiral to go to other worlds but i dont see anything wrong with teleporting to y our friends at a higher level i dont see anyharm gear and items in higher worlds you cant buy anyway and the mobs are to hard to kill i feel that i pay my monthly subscription and if i want to port to my friend then i should be able to

Survivor
May 02, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi folks! It's that time again...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in the game get a peek-see at new sights, and even get an extra jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?

Well, let's say a level five wizard goes to dragonspyre, the enemies' life goes down to the weak wizard's level, and the extra quests aren't available until the weak wizard has made it to dragonspyre through the storyline.
That should happen... right? Other people may have other opinions because this goes for them if they are a weak wizard and they are tired of being such a low level that they want to get more XP in dragonspyre.
I have 2 wizards in dragonspyre, and it can get a "little" annoying when a weaker wizard pops up in my battle asking for me to take him to a boss to get XP.
Though, I did this when I was a weaker wizard, so I wouldn't blame him or her.
That is what makes this question hard, you have to think about yourself and others.
Since I am nice and want to help others, I say YES. They should be able to come to higher level places, because the higher they level up, the easier time they will have getting to those higher places by themselves, and you won't have to say "NO" to the constant "Let me teleport to you!" or "Turn your 'port' on!"

Survivor
May 17, 2009
Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
No, I don't think that lower levels should be able to teleport to worlds they haven't unlocked. Even though maybe your friends are lower levels, if you ask them for help there is not much a level 15 can do in DS to help you.

It's annoying for me, when a lower level friend ports to me when I'm in DS and another Draconian or whatever comes into my battle, then the lower level either uses my traps or flees and I'm stuck there to battle more than I bargained for. So, my vote is definantly for NO!

Tristan Stormtamer LVL 50 Storm
Tristan Lifetamer LVL 50 Life
Sestiva LVL 50 Myth

Survivor
May 16, 2009
The simple solution would be to have a few Grand Master realms and maybe a few level 40-50 realms, restricted to those levels. And keep the other realms as they are for families and friends to play together no matter what rank they are. It wouldn't hurt to add a few realms anyway.

My ports are always off.

Need to keep cross-realming for pet derby though. It's hard enough getting a race.

Survivor
May 28, 2009
Yes, I think its a great way to level up your low level wizards. Besides, if you don't want a friend to port, there's a privacy option for that, and anyway, how often do you see a level 50 with a level 5 friend unless they have a grand account as well?

Survivor
May 22, 2009
I think they should so they will be able to see what the other worlds are like.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
i dont think they should

the whole point of the game is to EARN the right to explore new worlds!

if people are allowed to go to new worlds it messes up the whole point of the game

:( :( :(

Survivor
Jul 16, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi folks! It's that time again...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in the game get a peek-see at new sights, and even get an extra jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?

I think they should be able to teleport into worlds they have not unlocked. If players do not want lower levels to teleport, then they can turn their teleporting off.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
how bout for example if you can only go to wizard city. then you can only teleport to the person in kroktopia. or if you can go to wizard city and kroktopia, then you could go to marleybone and grizzleheim. and so on but you cant teleport when for example you can only go to wizard city you cant teleport to people in mooshu or something. but i think everybody should teleport freely because when i was on kroktopia and i teleported to my friend in mooshu i couldnt get the main quest because i was still a noobie :P
and when i would make a new character it would been harder for me with teleporting rights! oh and my friend said that the starter decks now have no trade is that true? i was at a central party yesterday so i didnt had time to check :?

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
I think we should have a lvl block in the options menu that says (block lvls ???-??? ?) or a friend request like notice that says (so-and-so lvl ??? would like to teleport to you, then it would have 2 choices at the bottom accept and decline and the other person would not get a notice they just would not teleport)

Survivor
Oct 07, 2009
I think you should still allow wizards to port wherever. What I would change is their ability to enter a battle without getting permission from those already in the battle. This would keep the family aspect alive in that you can still take your family members wherever you like and also keep level 10 wizards from entering your level 45 battle without permission. This could possibly be done with a switch similar to the allow friends teleport switch. Additionally, you could add a ask permission swtch to the allow friends teleport instead of just yes or no. I like to make friends with lesser level wizards so I can help them out occasionally when they ask for help. Whay is annoying is when they port into your battles unexpectedly and cause the problems mentioned in previous posts. I may be working with other friends on quests and if I leave my port open for the friends I want to teleport in, I also run the risk of others porting in unexpectedly.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
[to hear more!

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?I think it should be NO

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Of course not. I have had problems when I was battling with my friends and one of my friends low-level friends come and ruin everything. I'm not trying to put down low level people, but in places like DS, they dont belong. Also, one time when i was a lvl 20 or something, one of my friends were in the Jade Palace, and i didnt know what that was yet, so i ported and it ruined stuff for me that i didnt know ruined it at the time. Well ya, i was excited but i would have been more exited if it was new and i had accomplished it myself. Not jut handed to me (blindly).

Explorer
Aug 23, 2009
well i did post in something about this that there should be tests once a wizard reaches a certain level, one of those pop ups come up instructing you to come to be evaluated to teleport to a world that you dont have access to through the world chambers. the way it works is that there are two sections, a knowledge exam and a battle exam, if you pass most of the knowledge questions, you move on to the battle. Tell me how this idea is and if it may solve the crisis. Also feel free to add anything to this

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
no they should not the whole point of the game is to earn places and progress to a higher level and earn experience

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
eternalflame109 wrote:
no, you shouldnt block people from porting to higher levels. you put stuff on the game that gives a sneak peek to celestia and everyone gets excited an dthinks how cool it would be if they got a membership so that they could go and see cool new worlds like these. SO you get more people to buy memberships. Which is what you want right? More money. But then when they get their memberships and they cant port to celestia or dragonspyre with their friends they feel ripped off. Not everyone has unlimited time to do quests and stuff to level up so I suggest that you think about the greater good of the players and your income and allow the lower levels to port. Not to mention the fact that several more upper levels such as Magus and masters are excited for the opening of the new worlds as well so you'd be blocking more long term players from going to something that theyve been aticipating all summer.
i agree SUBSCRIBER is the key word in my eyes if they have a subscription let them go but if they bought it with crowns KI has 2 choices give them the amount of crowns back and take the area away or leave the area and crowns but i feel if they bought it the players should have a refund choice and if they bought it they deserve to go to the locked world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!