Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 29, 2010
My answer is pretty simple, though it might be tough to do in the technical world. Yes, I do think they should be allowed to port to other worlds before they've gotten to the correct part in the game. (After all, it's useful to preview the outfits, pets, housing, etc.)
HOWEVER....
I do NOT think people should be allowed to purchase or defeat things from that world until they've reached it through the proper quests like the rest of us. Otherwise, that's sort of cheating to be leveling up by beating higher power foes when you weren't really supposed to be there in the first place. As far as purchasing things goes, I see buying things from these different worlds as a privilage for making it that far. Why should people who haven't quested that far be allowed that privilage? Just because they have higher level friends? That doesn't seem fair at all for those of us who had to work hard to get there!!

So, in a nutshell, yes, but there should be rules/standards for being able to do so.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2010
I think that you should make certain levels so a lower level wizard may port to a higher level wizard but if say they are level 5 then probably not. Every wizard can use a little help.
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi folks! It's that time again...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in the game get a peek-see at new sights, and even get an extra jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
Please let lower-level players port! I'm level 33, and more than once--actually, a lot of times--a lower-level player has come to my rescue and helped me win a battle.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
I agree with a lot people that I read about. When someone below the level of 15 ports to someone in mb or higher, there should be a box that appears and ask the person they are teleporting to, Would you like (insert name here) level (insert level here) to port to you? Something like that would be nice.

Michael Ravendust
Balance Lvl 50

Survivor
May 26, 2009
Survivor
Sep 23, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in the game get a peek-see at new sights, and even get an extra jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?
Well considering I am a level 48, I have learned from all of the months I was still a novice wizard.

And I have learned that they ONLY want to send you to a world if your ready.

You have to defeat certain guys with different kinds of health, and soon you will be there no matter what level, just stick with the quest and you will be in WITHOUT teleporting.

So I don't think it's a good idea.

Steven Ghostglade

With fire, anything is possible.

P.s. thats just my little quote
hahahaha

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
Well I think that wizards shouldn't be able to teleport to friends in worlds they haven't unlocked, because unlocking a new world means new houses, new characters, new quests, and most importantly, NEW BOSSES!

Survivor
Mar 25, 2010
Meet me halfway. I like to take my level 5 wizards to Krokotopia's pendant shop to pick up the level 5 pendants. How is this?. Allow viewing of the towns, restrict them from the fields. I can make informed decisions if I know what's available. And I have no desire to subject my level 5 wizard to
Krokopatra's scrutiny. Just restrict the field. Thx.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Definetly not! I think its unfair how they can get into DS and do the 2800 xp quests and power level. Why cant they just quest and level fair and square? Definetly not teleport access, but im fine if they port to a friend who's there.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
No. Way.

I really get sick of this in Dragon Spyre. I know that this might seem rude, but REALLY! when ever i go into malistare lair to farm for stuff, i bring one friend who is a grand, and once we are in, tons of like, level 1 people go in! it gets REALLY annoying, and i HOPE that in celestia you guys will make it so that you have to EARN the world first.

---
Madison FireSword
Level 50 Pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
Survivor
Jun 08, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:

i think it is fine because my fellow wizard friends always stay in battle no matter what.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2010
Level Caps are a Bad Idea. My life wizard did all the side quest and was 48
shortly after begging Mooshu. My death wizard skipped most of the side quest and was 38 on entering Mooshu. After taking on the two towers ALONE. Taking on Meowiarty's guantlet Alone. Fighting Meowiarty 3 times
Alone. My death wizard Earned the right to Mooshu more than most wizards
do. Should he be subjected to a level cap? NO.

Chris Lifewalker 50
Chris Storywalker 43

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
Oh this is such a hard question to answer,This issue could best be handled by telling the lower level wizards that they need to ask permission to port in.There are times as you said this can create a mess for you to clean up or even die in battle. Of course this becomes a even more of a issue if the player has no open chat so this is one area that need's to be explained to lower level players and to players without open chat. As a parent that has four grandmasters i encourage you to that the use of manners is the best way to resovel this issue. Lets try this route first before we start blocking transports. Thanks,. enjoy, and be a great Wizard

Survivor
Oct 18, 2009
I think the setup as it is should remain mostly because playing with friends you may port to them or they may port to you and that is what it's all about playing with friends, After all they can't get the main quest anyway. Besides some of the quest are hard to do alone and you need help even if they are not ready for that world. So i vote to leave it as it is. I have 6 grands and looking forward to the new world and being able to have more wizards in my account. Thank you

Survivor
May 19, 2010
I think players should be able to teleport anywhere acept dungeons in the person's next world but worlds after that you can only go to the starting area that you can teleport to with the button below the compass. Kingsilse if you read this thank you for your time. :D

Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
I don't think wizards should teleport to realms they haven't completed because first of all they probably couldn't survive the enemies they face so they probably could not get xp from those quests. Also if they die in the battle the other person that might be in the battle would have to kill the opponents that the first player did not kill.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
Yes and No. They should be able to teleport in areas without monsters, but not in areas with monsters.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
I believe that the freedom to port somewhere is a good idea. However, I also believe that there should be some restraints on when and where people can teleport. There's no good reason to restrict it.

For example, say someone who is level ten wants to go and help a friend who is in Krokotopia. This isn't so bad. Krokotopia isn't devilishly hard, so the level 10 person should get along fine. But supposing that same level 10 character wants to help someone in DS, that would not be so good.

Maybe you could think of a way to warn the people where they are porting is dangerous. I think that would be a very good idea. Maybe a message or something that warned them of the recommended level for going to an area they haven't been to would be good.

So far, I don't mind too much. I would also like to note, since it hasn't been addressed as far as I know and no one has gotten back to me yet, that there is a small bug with the game. The last time I took a Death student to get the Death Blade from the ghost in the Haunted Cave, I couldn't see the grave or the ghost, but the text played and I still got the blade. I don't know if it's happened to anyone else, but I thought I would let you know.

Anyway, that's my opinion.

Seth StarBlood, Grand Master Sorcerer.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
it can get annoying at times being lvl 46 and when my cousin lvl 20 something when i'm in dragonspyre and he use my traps that i could do collosuss and he uses evil snowman :x then it kills me and he can't heal me but when your in marlybone and one of your friends in krokatopia like a lvl 26 helps you it's fine because they're near to geting in to marleybone and they have some of the right spells but if a novice "helped" thier friend in dragonspyre then it will get annoying from them asking to heal them when the got killed "on the first shot" then the boss whould kill you and it would be over then. So what i'm saying is (no lvl1's in DS ) and they should be at least 10lvl before that world :P

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
I don't mind it. Although i'm working on my fourth wizard, and i'm good enough at the game to not have to worry about trying to beat one more foe in a battle when someone ports in. I have been porting ahead since my first wizard. The spells i have early on allow me to compete just fine( i refer to the point per pip based spells). I also find it breaks up the game a little. I mean if you are at an instanced level (or dungeon), and you don't have time to do it and still want to play for awhile you can see who's on and port in for a bit and help out. Thx - sorry everyone i like porting. :)

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
I say no because then they just get all their XP become level 35 or something while they are still in krokotopia! :I But people pay money for a subscription so they can go to wherever they want not so they will have to just do quests until they beat the game. For me most of the quests were really boring and the best part of playing wiz101 is seeing my friends, hang out, and say random stuff... Also if you were stuck at a storyline quest you could go to another world and do all the side quests there and grew lots of levels so you are powerful enough to do the story line quests but the question is will you get too powerful?

Survivor
Mar 30, 2009
No I don't think lower levels should be able to port into higher worlds because it takes the fun out of it when they get there, and they won't have the experience from the side quests they did as noobs. I think Celestia should be blocked to everyone level 44 and under, because they are not as powerful as those with swords and better gear like lvl 50 gear or lvl 45 gear. Also I think banning younger level people from porting in on us stronger levels keep battles shorter then what they could be with like 500 noobs in dragonspyre. This also puts an end to the term 'power leveling' for noobs who want to get like to lvl 50 in 10 minutes... lol... I think that a bar needs to pop up when someone is trfying to port to you and it says: "Do you want to let (whoever it is) port?" and under it says yes, no, or maybe later, and this message comes back to the other person. This would take most of the work off the grandmasters' backs lol

Michael LifeShade Lvl 50 Life
Michael Lvl 50 Fire
Valerian DuskBreeze Lvl 50 Storm
Michael ShadowHaven Lvl 43 Balance

Survivor
May 30, 2010
WorldLock wouldn't be fair to subcribers. If your a paying member, you should be able to go ANYWHERE you want without having to unlock it. When Celestia comes out, there are going to be new schools, right? So, if you wanna test out those secondary schools and you dont have any Crowns, you make a new person and want to start using your points for it. I have a level 36 Death wizard and I usually help out my friends in DragonSpyre. If WorldLock was equipped. I would have to go on my Grandmasters instead of training my Death. So making a WorldLock would make Subscribers want to pay less because they aren't getting the full package for paying seventy something dollars.