Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
I think wizards of a lower level shoudn't be allowed to teleport to friends of a higher level. As Dalmea said, It's very annoying when younger wizards join into fights that they aren't able to cope with. On the other hand, if a friend needed help in a Dragonspyre and the only friend online was a level 20 then yes, I think it's ok. :)

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
I think it should stay the way it is. I have multiple accounts and have ported in a lower wizard to help lots of times. Especially when my daughters' wizards are about to die and I log in a life wizard to port to them. Let alone, when I was first working DS, there were lots of times that I had no higher friends on my list, and I brought my lvl 30 balance wizard to help me in fights. Stopping lower wizards from porting to higher worlds would mean that you would have to have higher friends online in order to do your quests. For those of us that prefer to avoid the drama and work alone most of the time, it would be a great disappointment if our lower wizards could no longer port to help out. I personally prefer to play alone(using 2 accounts) and avoid the drama of being asked out by kids on this game.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
well for me it is ok for wizards to teleport to me (pretty much i have no lvl 5 friends anyway) but if lvl 5 wizards have all the keys to the spiral that wont be fair because every grandmaster earned those keys

Survivor
May 31, 2009
I think wizards who are low-level shouldn't be allowed to port into areas that are too high for them. I like to battle the Gurtok Demon in DS by myself. I don't mind sharing the fight with qualified wizards, but when a low-level joins and uses my feints, traps and curses with something like a Troll spell or a wand attack, it's very frustrating. I don't think they should be allowed in. They should have to earn their way into those worlds like the rest of us did. I have been playing this game for almost a year and a half, and I have 5 grandmasters. It's easier to earn experience questing than it is by fighting in my opinion. Well, that's my 2 cents and a fizzle on this subject. :P See you all in the spiral.

Nicholas Soulhammer, Death Grandmaster
Nicholas Sandstone, Balance Grandmaster
Nicholas Stormcaller, Storm Grandmaster
Nicholas Gianttamer, Myth Grandmaster
Nicholas Icespear, Ice Grandmaster
Nicholas Wildrider, Level 41 Fire

Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
i think wizards should be able to telport to worlds the havent earned :D from Jordan ice breaker

Survivor
Sep 13, 2009
Hello i'm a grandmaster my grand is death and my second one is storm and she is level 19 and actually it should be aloud but its great if you do it and its a great idea 8)

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
i personally think if you are a member you should be allowed any perk available because this game is so darn expensive, i also think you should be allowed to play any school. learn any spell and rank pvp 1v1 should be minion free. towers should be cheaper as well ty.

Survivor
Nov 04, 2009
i think you should be able to port to guy in higher worlds then you it rock to lvl up super fast

Survivor
Oct 15, 2008
i think what you should do to teleport to a player is that the other player has to accept the teleport... i think that will stop all the low lvls going to ds :D :D :D

Survivor
Feb 09, 2010
I do not think anyone who has not gone through each of the worlds in order should be able to jump over a world and port to one they have not earned.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2010
I think that they shouldn't because they are many wizards who put there sweat, tears and practice/quest to get to the next spiral world and its not fair that somebody can just jump to somebody same world even if the other person took many months to get there and the weak wizard just stared and today i saw something that made me angry some wizard who was lvl 18 went with his friend and defeated malistare so now he is lvl 18 savior of the spiral

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
I have been reading al lot of the posts on here, and I will agree there are two sides to every subject with a lot of good points.
So here are a few more points on the subject.
I have noticed for awhile now that a lot of low level wizards (Not All) specifically look for masters and grandmasters to make them friends. Now I wondered about this till I became a grandmaster three times over. Quite a few of them do it for no other reason then to be able to transport to other areas they cannot gain access too. My transport button usually stays off, and I have had lower level wizards get very angry at me because they cannot transport to where I am. They become quite nasty too. At this point I usually delete them.
Now I understand if you ask for a lower level to come and help, or if its a family member that you want to connect with. But after they have ported and helped you with your fight, they should be sent back to the world where they were, not left to roam freely through the world, where they usually end up in trouble yelling for help. I have seen level 6, 7 and 8 in DS commons (where Cyrus is) asking for masters and grandmasters to be their friends so they can go to different locations.
I have also had lower levels only ask to be friends because they want me to give them cards or gift them something from the crown shop. Do you want everything handed to you? Do you not want to work for it like the rest of us have? Those people I also delete.
I also agree about the transporting rule of asking before you port. The only problem with that is most don't follow it, and when you warn them they usually do it again anyway. These people I also delete.
If family wishes to meet or help each other that is great I don't have a problem with it, or if a friend calls another for help that's fine too.
But to have lower levels WANTING to go straight to DS for the pets, clothes, experience points or whatevel else is dropped, is not fair to all those who worked so hard to get their the right way.
I have to say no to transporting freely.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
This is one of those questions that's a lot harder to answer than it seems. I understand both sides of the argument.

Higher level wizards have worked to earn the right to be in these locations, and some of the low level wizards who port there can cause real problems for them. I've dealt with this issue on more than one occasion. When I was fighting a boss in an open area of Dragonspyre, I had a low level wizard come in and continuously use wand attacks that destroyed my traps. I asked him not to, and he laughed about it and then fled. I came very close to dying, and only survived because I got lucky and the finishing blow I was expecting fizzled, which allowed me to heal and eventually finish off the boss. Having said that, some higher level wizards need to realize that we're not the only ones who pay to play the game, and not everything can or should be geared solely to us. Also, some of the lower level wizards can be quite helpful.

Lower level wizards complain that they've paid for the game, and so should have the right to go where they want. Others note that, while they might not be really prepared to take on the enemy themselves, they can at least aid the higher level wizards in the battle. The first reason holds little weight with me. If you're in the more advanced areas of the game, then you have obviously paid to play the game...either with a subscription or through the purchase of crowns. If I drop $60 on a quest game for my Xbox 360, I can't simply jump ahead to the higher areas. I have to work my way to them. Simply paying for the game doesn't give me the right to be there. It simply gives me a right to earn the ability to be there. The second argument, however, does matter quite a bit. Even lower level wizards can cast shields, boosts, and heal. If they focus on those duties, it frees the higher level wizards up to focus on attacking the enemy. Not to be insulting towards lower level wizards, but think of them as particularly smart helpful manders, only ones that you can talk to and advise on what would be the most helpful.

What makes this issue so difficult is the fact that not all lower level wizards are the same. Some simply don't have enough experience with the game to really know how to handle themselves in these areas. Others are like myself, and have multiple wizards in their account or over multiple accounts. These wizards have enough experience with the game that it makes them much more effective in battle than their level would indicate. I remember when I was building up my Storm wizard (who is now a grandmaster) getting a call from a friend asking for help. I was still in Krokotopia, and he was getting beaten down in the boss battle at the end of Katzenstein's lab. When he told me who he was fighting, I switched out my shields and added some prisms to my deck. I started out casting shields to protect my friend while he healed. I then turned to the enemy, and ended up taking out the minion and doing the majority of the damage as we beat the boss together. After the battle, he asked if I had the Big Ben quest too, when I laughingly responded that I was still in Krokotopia.

The difference here is experience and quality gameplay. Some low level wizards really don't know what they're doing yet, and some are actually more experienced players than the ones whose character has earned the right to be in those areas. So, I don't see the point in making a universal change to the game when the reality is that it's not a universal problem. Some low level wizards cause problems, some mind their own business, and some are quite helpful. If there were a half step that could be made to keep them from joining a battle unwanted, then I'd be OK with that. A universal world lock, however, is just going too far and doesn't allow for the fact that not all wizards are the same.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
If you haven't earned the right through the storyline to reach a specific world then you shouldn't have access to said world. I don't know about the technical difficulties that would arise from many of the options that have been given by various players. If you could receive a message informing you that someone of a lower level was trying to port to you and you had the ability to grant or deny it, that would be the best option, I believe. If that is a technical impossibility then lower level characters shouldn't have access. I, like many others, have found myself in trouble due to lower level players joining my fights unannounced. My deck is set for every specific fight and it's not fair to me or others to have to adjust our decks to accommdate people who don't belong. Personally, I don't have any lower level friends because mostly its just a hassle. I will include them at times so I may assist them in their quests but I remove them from my friends list when I'm done helping them. We, the higher level people, have to take some responsibility for lower levels porting to us. If they're not on your friends list they can't port to you. But I've encountered instances in DS, most recently, where lower levels were already there and then joined my fight and forced me to take on four mobs at a time. So I say block them from entering worlds if they're not entitled due to completing the storyline. That doesn't mean you must be level fifty to enter Celestia. You just have to have had completed the quest to defeat Malistaire. I've finished DS more than once without being level fifty so I don't think there should be a level requirement on Celestia. Just a progression that matches the storyline.

lvl 50 Balance - Terri RainbowSinger
lvl 50 Storm - Fallon StormHunter
lvl 50 Death - Fallon DeathEyes
lvl 50 Ice - Fallon BattleEyes
lvl 50 Fire - Terri BattleCloud

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
To be honest, as a general rule, NO! The only time I think a character should access a world they have not "reached" is in the case of like crafting. If they have finished the crafting exercise in one world, and have been given the quest for the next crafting teacher in the next world, they need to have a way to access that new teacher, but that is the only way I think it should be allowed. It is irritating to be in a battle in DS and have a novice show up via a port to thier friend and not be able to handle the area.

I would also point out that a major part of learning how to use the school spells comes from handling each level quest, not by getting exp points in higher worlds and getting the spells ahead of time.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
Regarding teleporting to areas:

I think wizards should be able to port to an area they haven't been to if they are within something like 5-10 levels of the person they are trying to port to. This way it prevents really low level wizards from jumping into a battle that's way over their heads. Also, some form of a "preferred port" list should be created so you can have a select group of friends that you allow to port to you at any time and the others have to ask.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2010
aj19 wrote:
O my goodness, i think people need to stepback and look at what they are playing: It is the game wizard 101, not "the end of the world". it is a game created mainly for kids and a lot of kids play this game. yes! adult play it too, but there are a lot of children that do play. based on that, i do not think levels should be limited to anyone. i think that if a person can get to a level with a little help from other people or friends, so be it. i mean seriously people...it is just a game. stop being wound so tightly and let people play their own games the way they see fit. with that said, i also think that paying customers definitley should not be limited to areas at all...EVER! well that is my 2 cents...

The children that want to port to higher levels, then ask for healing are exactly why I think it should be limited to one level higher than what they are allowed to go. Yes, it's just a game, but a game that teaches. If they can go anywhere and do anything, then why have sidewalks in the game?

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
I don't see the harm in having low level wizards teleporting around the spiral. Whatever rock your boat. What I hate is when they teleport into a battle, cause another minion to join the battle, and then low level wizard flees the battle. That is just so rude.

Maybe there should be an additional setting that limits teleports to a level set by the player. Another great setting idea would be one that requires teleports to be authorized by the player, so that the wrong wizard can't just pop in at a bad time, but the helpful one can.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
mimifulton wrote:
No I don't think wizards should be allowed to teleport to worlds they have not earned. That's part of the fun of the game, to earn advancement to a new world.
I feel let them try they wont get far with little numbers

Survivor
Jul 11, 2010
I believe they SHOULD be allowed, and here is why:

First, wizard will KNOW whether they have been to an area before or so can CHOOSE to go or not to go. I typically choose not to go.

SECOND AND MOST IMPORTANTLY:
Wizard SHOULD be able to to HELP THEIR FRIENDS! I ported into a dungeon just a small bit ahead of myself in the game to save one of my friends from being defeated by a boss.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
KillingWolf wrote:
I made a new character and he was level 1, I told my friend to go to a dungeon, like labyrinth( In Dragonspyre.) If i couldn't go there to level, I would be SOOO mad! I think its the best way it is right now. If you change it to this way, I would probably start to want to quit. If you added this to the game I promise you that you would loose more than half of your players. That means they will stop paying for subscription. I would say leave it the way it is. Oh and i noticed that the cards that I enchanted with tough, I can't trade them. I really want some of my friends to be able to make lets say an ice collossus, I would like my magus ice to be able to get that through trades and use them. If you were a level 22 fire, and you had a grandmaster fire friend, wouldn't you like them to be able to trade them to you? Think about it please!

Ok, first of all, there's no way you could guarantee they'd lose more than half their members, so that's just ridiculous. More importantly, you seem to be the kind of wizard that makes higher level wizards upset. You want everything handed to you without having to do the work involved in getting it. There is no reason to take a level 1 wizard into the labyrinth to level it up. I do the side quests, and by the time I get to dragonspyre I'm either level 44 or 45...and that's even when I skip Grizzleheim. If you do what you're supposed to do, then you'll always be leveled up enough for the area you're in. No, you seem to want to have your friends level you up so high that there's never any threat to you. You also want to be handed pets that come with boosts and cards that are higher than anything you're meant to have. Trading wizards is the worst one though. Build your own wizard or don't bother playing.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2010
My answer is NO. All the other statements in defense of allowing it, except one, can be defined as only whining about not having to actually play the game as it was meant to be played, which is to complete your quests and earn your way to each and every level, and gain your exp and drops by earning them. And I personally believe DS was reduced much too much only because of the whining, mostly by wizards who don't even belong there anyway, no wonder it was 'too hard' for them. Now to address the one exception to this whining. To those with families who play: Instead of thinking it would be too harsh to say not let your daughter level 14 port to be with her level 36, or 48 father, why not teach her about good sportsmanship and following through with something and playing by the rules. Teach her to earn her way from level to level, instead of teaching her she can have what she wants when she wants it, without earning it. And if the daughter really wants to spend time with her father in the game, how about he port to her level and help her level a bit faster. Sounds kind of fatherly to me and at least she will learn there are rules, there is respect and consideration for others who have already earned it, and she will appreciate it more when she earns it. Who knows, it might even flow into her real life, following rules, respecting others achievements and having pride for earning her own achievements, in addition to knowing that her father was willing to help her instead of worrying about his own wizard. Grow up parents.

Survivor
Mar 06, 2009
Yes, i think yes although when weaker wizards port and see how strong the enemies are and just flee and your left with an extra enemy to deal with.

However we can put friend port option off, maybe we can make an exemption and make certain wizards from friend to port while you have friend port option off and other wizards that aren't on this list cannot port to you

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Said it before, one realm higher porting, so that you can port to your friend who might have got to the next realm before you because they are a bit faster.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2009
If you further label and restrict low levels or noobs you will further scorn them more than they already are. A big part of this game is friends socializing and cutting off areas to supscription holders would not only be not fair to paid account holders but cut off friends from each other. There is no other big mmorpg that does this and there is a reason for that. This would segregate people on the game and cause people to hate it and leave the game. Please do not segregate the game.