Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 20, 2010
Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
I think some people should be aloud to go to ceratin levels but not to high levels like maybe a lvl 10can go to krokotopia because they have alot more experience. They should notgo to someplace like dragonspyre because they would just get in the way of other people's battles. So lower levels can go to higher level places but not to high level places.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
I agree with what many people have said already. To rephrase:

1) If people are getting teleported to by novices in, say, Dragonspyre, then that can be a bad idea for the novices and a hassle for the higher wizard. When someone gets teleported to, a message should pop up saying "Would you like (Insert Name and School here) to teleport to you?" or something of the like.

2) There should NOT be a "world lock". Such a thing could keep families and friends apart.

3) Any wizard who is in a world which they cannot access through the world gate normally should not be able to join in battles. They can watch, but do not need to fight.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
I think people still should still be able to port because many times they are a big help (I'm not talking about level 5 in DS lol) But maybe there should be something that comes up like "Do you give permission for Fred to join your fight" and you have the option of clicking YES or NO. :-)
I have ported to areas I havent accessed yet to help or to farm for gear that I will need or to raise some gold and that is very helpful to many wizards. But I do understand when a noob ports in with out asking and says " I need healing" etc etc, that is annoying...its a shame people dont have enough common sense to not port into a battle they cant help in.
Maybe have a boot button for people who port without asking?

Survivor
Nov 22, 2009
I personally like being able to call my son (level 30 life) to save my behind.

I would be in favor of a popup box saying " *Name*, *Level*, *School* wants to port to you, would you like to allow this"

Wolf A

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
Yes, everyone who'd like should be able to teleport wherever they can for whatever reason - it's rather elitist to exclude players from helping their friends (or whatever) simply because they haven't earned their way into a world. It's not right (or fair - whatever that is) to exclude people from new experiences and the learning mileau.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
I personaly the player should have a lvl block where they set how high and low a person can be to teleport to them...

of corse this is just my thoughts but if anyone agrees quote this!!!! enjoy the game!!!

(noah lvl 45 ice wizard)

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
I think if the lower level wizard is with a friend and helping them they should be allowed in but leave when friend does. They should not be able to let others port to them. I also think any rewards or experience points should be wizard level not area level.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
Wizards should not be able to go to places where they haven't earned access to, its not fair to higher level wizards because they had to work to get there and its bad for lower levels because they then level up too fast and they would be like level thirty in krokotopia instead of marleybone or mooshu where they should then be so it kind of backfires they maybe high level but they dont get to higher level area, and whats the point of being high level if you cant go to cool places?

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
No they shouldnt be allow, rules most be implemented lower players should only play in the worlds they have unlock.

Survivor
May 04, 2009
Personally, I don't think lower level wizards belong in worlds to which they haven't earned access. Even my lower level ones. Especially my lower level ones.

This happened to me with my first wizard. I *finally* earned my way to DS, and a friend who had not was constantly porting in to me. He (the wizard was male) didn't have the spell power or the HP to adequately fight at that level. More than once I died because he just ported in. When he got in trouble, he constantly pleaded, "heal me, heal me...." which was annoying, since the rest of us were chatting about the battle tactics as we fought. I was a life wizard, and even at that I could not keep him alive and fight at the same time. Needless to say, that took the fun out of the game for me. As a life wizard, if all you do is heal you don't get as much experience as the others who wait and cast high pip spells, and because you don't score that many hits against your opponents you don't get the "good stuff" dropped on your wizard. (This was also before the Bazaar was available.)

Now, I had enjoyed playing with him before, and did quite a bit of Krok with him. He wasn't a bad player. His wizard just didn't have the "staying power" to keep up with us in DS. He didn't take it well when the rest of us tried to explain that to him. Eventually he did earn his way there, and once he did I think he understood why it was important to earn access and not just port in.

I've also had a lot of wizards ask to port into areas that they haven't gained access to because they didn't want to pay crowns or get a suscription to the game. This is wrong. The point of paying to play is just that, the priviledge of advancing to new levels. Helping someone who hasn't paid for access get that access costs the rest of us. The game isn't free, and I do believe that with Wizard 101 we do get what we pay for - an entertaining, fun experience as well as a challenge when we want it.

If there was a way to allow the higher level wizards to *call* a lower level wizard to "play up" I think I'd support that. But if it's an open access to all who can teleport in, or no access whatsoever unless you've earned it, then in my oppinion the answer has to be no access without doing the work to get there. Doing the work is the purpose of playing the game.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
To add to what I said before... I understand the frustration of a level 6 jumping in with a level 45 right at the wrong time in a critical battle. BUT, I do like the ability to freely port to your friends to help them in worlds you yourself have not unlocked.

Main reason why, and I may be the only one to experience this, but It's taking me forever to finish Krokatopia. Always because of these main quests that require you to collect items from a certain enemy to complete and after hundreds of kills... no drops.

I'm level 33 now and have all these badges earned from trying to collect an item. Most wizards my level have already unlocked Mooshu. And when I get this collection quest that will take another killing 200 krok mummies before the item drops, I like being able to port to a fiend in Mooshu or Dragonspire to help out for a while and take a brake from my quests, because Krokatopia frustrates me to no end. I mean really the battles get tedious after 50 kills and the messege says, No scrolls were collected.

I finally unlocked the strom tombs in Krok and I am back to another collection quest. Really tired of killing mummies and not getting the drop.

So is it fair that I cant port to a level 28 friend in Marlybone because I havent unlocked that world yet? It's not that I cant defeat a certain boss or my level is not high enough that I can't advance. It's because an enemy wont drop an item I need to complete a quest. I like the free port because it gives me a break from those collection quests that never seem to end.

Also to put a block on any active worlds now would make the game dull for those who are used to porting around as it is. If a block is to be done I say only do it on Celestia and future worlds and make the block... level based only. Like you have to be at least a certain level before going to that world.

That way everyone who expects to be able to port around wont suddenly find themselves having to play the game differently. Making it for future worlds only will give players ability to adapt and know what to expect with the new worlds before hand. Other wise it would be like telling someone who's only driven cars there whole life to sail a ship. And all the level 50 players in Celestia can expect that anyone that ports in will be a high level character say 30 or 33 and won't be shocked with the presence of a level 2 or 6.

And that would make something of a personal side quest between friends too. Level 50 needs level 27 friend to help in Celestia. 27 says, "I need to be level 30 to get in." So Level 50 and 27 go off to DS or MS to level up or Level 50 helps level 27 with current quests to get through faster and level up.

Robert DragonWisperer : Level 33 Life Wizard stuck in Krokatopia :?

Survivor
Jun 17, 2010
No. UNLESS they have Another character that is, say, a lvl 48 master, or perhaps grandmaster, since they already saw the storyline. If it's their first wizard, then no.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
Thank you, Falmea for asking this important question. Upper level access should be earned. I also play with my family and I think that earning access would be in line with what I want to teach my children. After all, I wouldn't let my 13 year old drive my car on the freeway "just to see how it feels".

Things in life are more appreciated when they are earned and it teaches patience, dedication and many other good qualities. Getting somewhere or something that you haven't earned just teaches one to find the loopholes in the system and exploit them.

I would be very much in support of KI changing access rules and would gladly go to lower levels to play with family members as they earned the right to progress to new worlds.

Thank you for listening,
Scarlet Spiritheart, Grandmaster Fire, level 50

Survivor
Jul 14, 2008
Yes! It been that way forever and there has been no real problems so I don't see why it should be changed, like they say "If it aint broken, don't fix it."
Bo2u1

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I have to say NO I think it is just fine the way it is because level 20 and under don't deserve to be in DragonSpire, or level 13 in Mooshu, it just won't work out that way, it is apropriate the way it is.

Thanks, Grandmaster level fifty Brian Raingem

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
I want to know why it puts most as novice wizard - it says i am a novice and i have five grands!
I see others that have been playing for over a year so i am sure they must be grand also, not novice
anyway i made one post but i will say - isnt it all about sharing and caring etc and helping each other (something everyone needs to learn)
and some i see act like oh the lower levels dont play well or play around
GOSH! i have seen grands do that - for real so it doesnt matter what level it depends on the person
i only have nice friends if someone is mean to anyone i remove them
:?

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
NO! I have played wizard for two years, love it. :D I thing the storyline helps you become a better wizard. P.S. wish for more levels for my wizard!

Survivor
May 10, 2010
I think low levels shouldn't be able to teleport to worlds they haven't earned yet. When i got to magus i was depressed when i kept seeing initiates with the badge Oni Slayer and it gets annoying when journeyman teleport to you when you are fighting monsters in places like grizzleheim.

Defender
May 02, 2010
I think it should remain acceptable for lower level players to pitch in higher level areas. However, currently lower level players have a near zero threat against the enemy unless they attack. I think lower level players should start out with the same threat level as everyone else in the fight.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
Ok;

My opinnion on this is yes. Why not allow people to go into places that they
can't get into yet. There are many reasons. To get higher level gear to sell
in the City Bazzaar. To gain level gear that they cannot afford. Or, to get to
a higher level when they wish to do so. So, Yes. I would like to see others go
to places that they cannot get to just yet.

Survivor
May 21, 2009
Personally, I have no problem with them being able to port to areas they have not attained yet. Sometimes when you are playing someone asks for help and you may be their only friend online at the time and the ability to port to them to give a hand is what being a friend is all about. I know that I always feel bad when I am in a fight and can't goto help a friend in need.
Also, it gives them a chance to see what they have to look forward to and gives them the incentive to fight on. Sometimes there are times you can get bogged down in one world and could get discouraged, but knowing that once you get through that world a new and better world awaits. Leave the game the way it is, don't keep messing with success.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2010
Hi folks. I feel very strongly that lower levels should be allowed to teleport to their friends. But, I feel that there could be a little modifiction on how it happens. I enjoy being able to help lower levels or have them help me in a higher area. But, there are times where it isn't as feasible for this. I think it would help situations if, when a friend wnts to port to you, you are asked to permit or deny them access. That way if you are in a fight that it isn't a good idea for, you can say, "no". If it is feasible and you want their help or company, you can say "yes".

I am here to have fun and cnjoy tie with my friends. Part of the reason I joined this game was that there wasn't and isn't a level cap, thus yuou can play with higher or lower characters without penalty. Please consider keeping the ability available but maybe making it that the person you are porting to can say yes or no to the port.

I am afraid this game may lose many valuable and valued players if this option is removed.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
I have grandmasters storm,life,death,ice,balance and almost done with fire i made a diferent account to make a wizard myth so my wizard fire is lvl 46 and my wizard myth is level 23 so I yous my account at the same time and i help my self a lot including that my myth wizard had help my other fire wizard in dungeons and bosses at dragon spyre and i helped my friends to with two accounts at the same time...

I always keep my 2 accounts with subscription so i can port to worlds when i need it really bad 8)

fire wizard is lvl 46 Dragon Spyre
myth wizard is lvl 23 Krokotopia :D

Survivor
Aug 14, 2009
no because noobs use spells that dont do any damage and use all yur traps when the enemies have like 5,000 health