Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 26, 2009
Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
No, I think you should earn the right and work your way up each level. It seems to be working well, to not allow everyone to port in to the warehouse in Marleybone, or the tower in Cololsus. Too often, players who aren't qualified port in to a battle, are terrified and flee or die quickly and you are left to fight the additional monster they caused to enter the battle. I would be more likely to allow friends in lower levels if they were not able to interfere with my game. I personally work to complete every quest, and take satisfaction and pride in the fact that I am not cutting corners and riding on somebody else's experience. I do ask for help when I need it and offer help to others, too, but in a sense of team work, not to cheat the system.

Survivor
Mar 11, 2009
NO! because it drives me crazy when they in fight with you because when they die you have to heal them and because i cant heal so it only me in battle with three people

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
munzt3rr wrote:
I think wizards of any level should be able to teleport to places that they haven't "unlocked" yet. Most of the time when wizards of lesser level teleport to me, it's because I need their help. They don't crowd the place because if they try to fight on their own then they ususally die. So... LEAVE TELEPORTING TO PLACES YOU HAVEN'T UNLOCKED ALONE!

Whats the point of having to "unlock" places if anyone was able to go anywhere?

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
I don't think you should change the way it is. After all isn't a major factor of the game is being able to play with your friends? Does not the game in fact in the beginning suggest to you to join others and help fellow student? If you make that change then you will restrict us from being able to call many of our friends to join us. If you are in Mooshu aand need a healer and your friend who is life wizard is in Marleybone he will no longer be able to come to your aid. Coming to someones aid could also be considered earning your way. Another scenario, say you invite friends to join Wiard101 so you have real life friends to enjoy the game with, you will not be able to play the game with those friends until they reach your area (unless you want to join them and start all over).

I think the real question here is would you rather be able to play the game with your friends or would you rather have in force firm code of honor about earning your way by quest. Play with your friends or be the samurai and sacrifice fun for honor?

Survivor
Jun 06, 2010
It seems to me that in following the story line - you need to first get the key to go to the new area. Why bother fighting the bosses for the key if you do not need it.

I have died too many times to count because of low level players entering a battle and bringing in one more for me to fight - They did not port to me - ported to someone else and ran into my fight -

I have spent time and energy getting to the new areas and enjoyed it, but having a low level character follow me around, interrupt my fights and beg for heals, ruin my traps and make me want to fight him instead, has been very frustrating.

Please keep the low levels out of the areas they have not earned.

Thanks.

Lvl 50 Life
Lvl 50 Myth
Lvl 50 Death
Lvl 48 Storm
and several lower levels - working their way up the spiral.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
NannerFL wrote:
No way! The word here is EARNED! Too many things are handed just for being alive. Many have read whining about not being able to do things because you don't have a paid membership or whatever. EARN some money and pay for it. Those of us who have earned the right to be somewhere don't really want it cluttered up with people who have no right to be there/are just checking it out anyway. Have some respect for those of us who deserve to be there. JMHO.
I know!. They should earn the right to go to higher level places and if they gain access to a place they don't really, you know, need to go there. They would brag to all there friends about it. So no. :? :? :?

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
Okay hers is my 2 cents. As a new member, currently less than two weeks, I was lucky enough that a grandmaster added me as a friend. He helped me level up and gain experience through instance dungeon and doing side quests that were available in the so called "higher levels" of the game. I have played a bunch of MMO's and I can say one of the appeals of the genre is that it should feel like an open world. The sort of locking most players suggest is akin to playing single player RPG's. There is a term for this, tanking in which the higher level player takes the damage for the low level player to advance or help the lower level player. The thing is most of the players with grandmasters are saying no to this. Thing is that they will have an advantage in the game even if it is locked because they can transfer item and loot to sell from other characters, they have general knowledge of the game which would make it easier if they created new wizards. For new players this would be very harsh, as it would be harder to progress through the game. Now there would be a bunch of arguments with what I just said but I am speaking as a new player here. The mechanics of porting is based on you having a high level friend on those ares. It is the responsibility of those high level folk to keep you in check. As with most MMO's there would be bad apples, if this is the case simply remove the bad apples from your friends list. Why did you make friends with them in the first place? Now for my solution, locking is not viable because this would be very bad for potential new customers and people inviting friends to become new wizards will not likely continue if they found out that their friends could help them only to a limited extent. Improvements could be done though to lessen annoyance to the so called high and mighty players. If the low level wizard which does not have the spiral key for the level could only join battles with their high level friends if the high level friend is the one to initiate the battle, and in instances where there is a battle which he does not have friends playing he could not enter the battle. This way the low level wizard could draw fights with the help of their friend but no interfere with other people. This is it for now.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
NO WAY!! Dont do anything to it! I think its GREAT that I can take brand new noobs to Crimson Fields in MooShu and have them be a lvl 14 starting Unicorn Way! :D Me and my friends love that! We dont have to worry about dying to Blackhope or Rattlebones, because the spells and health amount we have is very useful! KI, please dont change it! I think Dragonspyre and Celestia should have level limits on them. But not MooShu and under!

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
I didn't read the whole thread, so this might have been suggested before:

Allow lower level players to jump ahead, but do not allow them earning/acquiring anything. They can't get XP, can't get gold or loot from battles, can't even pick up the reagents. This way you can peek aehad and help out friends in "the next world" but we'd stop the XP tourism where newbies do dungeons in MS to "level up quickly" (which for some strange reason seems to be important to some people).

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
There seems to be many people who use the "turn your ports off if you don't want the lower levels to port to you". The ones that I always see jumping in higher level fights come from anywhere, not from my port. They ported to someone else another time and are roaming around or using "mark spot" to come back. Most often to farm for pets or exp. Another argument is that they paid for the game why shouldn't they be allowed, well others have paid for the game as well so why should they be disrespected?

Survivor
Jul 31, 2009
I have read many of the responses and I have to ask this question : If you can go to any world at any time why even have a story line and spiral keys? Think about this for a moment...the story line and spiral keys are there for you to earn your way into the next world. The players that wish to go any where they want without following the story line are in a way saying the heck with all KI has done here. To me the story line exists for a reason - earn your way through the game. I have four grands (and yes they all earned their way following the story line) waiting for Celestia and in a way I'm dreading it's release because it will be filled with people that haven't earned their way in. Makes it kind of unfair to those who have made it to grand to see those who haven't get the same rewards. Play the game the way KI intended and enjoy the wonderful story line they have given you. You will get far more reward by knowing you have done it without cutting corners and playing the game as it was designed.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
Of course! If you dont want anyone to port to you turn of your port button. You can still do this in battle by pressing esc. If you need help turn your port back on, and after the person you want to teleport does quickly turn it back off. If the person don't want teleporting still keeps coming tell them nicely that when you need them to teleport you will ask. But really if your friend is more of a bother than a friend you might have to remove them if nothing else works. The game should be fun, and not making you feel paranoid that you might die because a friend teleported in a battle.

Madison Dayflower
8)
Myth

Survivor
May 03, 2009
Personally, I dislike all random porting, whether or not a friend has earned access to the area. Extra monsters are always drawn in. My wizards have been killed because they had to continue to fight. I believe there should be a request to port button. Friends shouldn't be "surprised" by a visit. I almost always have my port turned off. I always ask wizards if they port randomly before I accept them as friends. I always delete random porters.
A request to port button, where a friend could always say yes, no or maybe later, would be like a knock on a door. It could be similar to the request to trade, but where both parties have to agree to play together.
Thank You for addressing this subject!

Survivor
Mar 12, 2009
I don't care what those lower lvl guys do, I think they should be allowed. (Besides, if it ended up being that lower lvl wizards couldn't travel to other worlds with the help of higher leveled ones, then that's gonna mess up a plot idea for a few of my stories.) :?

Survivor
Feb 26, 2009
I think it is ok to help freinds to do quest that they do not know about like the dragon quest in ds.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
I do NOT think lower level wizards should be able to teleport to friends in areas they haven't earned. It honestly isn't very fair that some of us do all the work to earn a new location and then our lower level friends just teleport to us and don't do anything to earn the world. I also think that the point of the game is to earn your way to the top, not just cheat to get there.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2010
heck no low level wizards should not be able to port where they don't belong yet. it causes more than just battle problems. it also makes worlds crowded. here's an example: say your in the plaza of conquests and need to fight the kraken but can't cause there are 4 wizards there some of which are low level who are there just to farm for drops so you start switching realms to try and find an open slot but it's the busy time for people being on the game and people like to farm there and with realm switch cool down time it can take a half hour of play time to find a free slot to fight the kraken. that is rediculous. when the low level wizards should be there yet. there deffinantly need to be something done about it. i know they pay for the game too but they should earn their advancement like the game was set for them to do so and not try to rush things. those who came up with the idea that you can only port one world ahead my be on to something. i also liked the idea the low level wizards can only be where their friends are fighting to help them. well thx for listening destiny spiritdreamer signing off

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I agree! It would really limit the joy we find in playing with friends and family above our level. Yes, people do abuse the privilege by using it to power level but I don't think taking the option away is the answer.
As far as porting in to battle above your level - maybe a solution would be to stop wizards from porting without asking. It would be nice to have a feature which would require permission to port.

asutton75 wrote:
Personally I don't see a problem with it. It DOES get very annoying at times but I finish the battle and either change areas or switch realms. I play with allot of friends and family and I am not always on one of my Grand characters. If one of them should need help I just teleport to their location, help, then go back to what I was doing. I don't always like it when I'm joined by a lower level but they have paid for the game as much as I have and have every right to access any area they please.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
Everyone should wait for the spiral key - earn the new area. So you paid for the game - play it. Follow the story line - play the game - earn the rewards.

You did not pay to have immediate access to every area. You paid to be able to enter them as they are earned and then play them.

If not then just start everyone at Malastair and be done with it - no game to play, nothing to work for - just instant end game.

I have become very tired of low level players entering battles and using their Lvl 5 wand on my Feints and traps. If I am able to keep them and me alive then they get loot they do not yet need and at least a few times the item I have been farming for ages.

If you have lower level friends go back and help them - do not bring them up and turn them loose on the rest of us.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
they should be able to go places that other people cant because it gives you an easier chance to beat the game BY YOURSELF and even if you need to lvl up and cant go there then you are ticked off because you cant lvl up :(

Cody legend rider lvl 48
zachary stormhaven lvl 20

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
Yes, they should because then they can see what they have to look forward to, and that makes them want to level up more.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
It's been something that a lot of players with the right friends have been able to do all this time so my answer would be, why not? You can't get missions in worlds you haven't been sent to yet as it is, and it's dangerous for lower level characters to enter into these new areas and travel abroad without getting defeated anyways. Since the name of the game is making friends (like the requirement to beat malistaire) I think this is just one of those perks that the players should be able to continue capitalizing on, at their own risk.

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
gertymanny wrote:
I don't see whats the big deal against this any ways its not like we go into your area and walk into dungeon just keep this on your mind MAYBE just maybe they are there for a specific reason a friend might need help and if you havent noticed going through worlds and asking for help is a problem if you arent in a world that is very crowded all the time ( Wizard City, Krok ) and the quest when you have to fight mutiple things maybe you dont wanna fight 2 at a time maybe you want to get the quest done faster so you can save time and get it over with also some people have 2 accounts maybe they wanna farm in that area with 2 people ever think about that

I don't think anyone has a problem with the people who port in help their friend and leave when they are finished. We do have problems with people who port in help their friend mark a spot and return ALONE again and again to farm, get side quests and power level.

I would like to see the ability to mark areas, get drops and pick up side quests tied to the Spiral Key of an area. No key means none of that happens. If you port to a higher level world you get the same XP and gold as the highest level Spiral Key you hold. You get benefits for helping and porting is left the same as it is now. Take one step further to do battle in upper level worlds you MUST be in battle with a friend who holds the Spiral Key there. I also really like the pop up saying "so and so wants to port to you" yes or no.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009