Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 04, 2010
Uh well i think you should be able to because some people just need to level up well like me for example level 23 NOT BAD but ya nooby soo if i coul go to marly bone or something id most likely be like maybe adleast level 30 by now... :-)

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
no because they could mark there and level up alot and not need a subscription so i say no

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
Hmm, maybe not.
Say you complete a dungeon in... Mooshu,
Then you won't get any XP when you have to do it for real.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
About the whole porting to higher levels thing... I can see both sides of the argument and if you want to lock out high level worlds like Celestia... I'm fine with that... but here's my backround.

I'm a Life Wizard and since I started playing the game I have spent more time helping others instead of doing my quests. AND most of the time I was helping wizards 10 - 20 levels higher than me. I may not have had the attack spells to take down big game, but keeping others shielded and healed was invaluable to them. Of all the schools Life Wizards are the best fire support like a missle tank. At low level we Lifers dont have the armor or fire power of a main battle tank but at level 14 - 16 Life Wizards can do a lot keeping the big guns alive.

I helped a level 38 ice wizard defeat Jade Oni at level 16. at 18 I helped a death wizard complete the whole Plaque Oni dungeon and defeat Plaque Oni; it was just us 2. In my mid 20s I helped a bunch of Wizards defeat DragonSpyre Bosses and these are wizards level 40 +

The reason I was so helpful even at such a low level for that world; was because I kept casting shields and heal spells on everyone while they pipped up for the big, boosted attack spells.

Now I can see a level 5 or 10 wiz in Celestia jumping in with a level 50 being a burden and so I agree with a world lock like others have suggested, but I feel it should be based on character level if they can port to a friend or not.

Like you cant port to a friend in Celestia until you are at least level 30 or something. At 30 you would be strong enough to be effective in a fight.

Now the reason i'm against an all out block is this... I am now a level 33 Life Wzard and still have not passed Krokatopia. Why you may ask? Because so many quests there require you to collect stuff from enemies to complete. This one quest where I had to collect Ice Weaver carapises took me so long because they would never drop the items. I killed hundreds of those things and earned the Chitten Squisher Badge before I finally got all 4 spider parts that I needed. When I had to collect scrolls from the Krocks I ranked up to Krok Slayer before I got even one. All of Krok is like that too. Every time I come to a quest where I have to collect somthing from an enemy I quit Krokatopia for a while because it takes soooooo long before an enemy drops an item. I really hope the whole spiral is not like that because if it is, then they need to make up more badges, because I killed so many Kroks i should be a called a Krok Reaper or something. I figure I killed at least a 1000.

So I think a level lock is the best idea for Celestia and future worlds. I'll put it at 30, maybe 33 because thats the next level you learn a new spell.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
wizard that didnt earn the world should be allowed new players can cheak it out :D if not like a level 10 life can help a person in dregonspyre

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
Nah, this would totally defeat the purpose of the game itself, wouldn't it?
Maybe it would be okay to unlock the places in that world, for instance, if a person was new to Wizard City they could be able to get into Colossus Boulevard, but get "ghosted out" as greco55 mentioned. Just to get a feel of what's coming up, you know? But then we'd have a bunch of underwizardmen running around the place and it would turn into chaos.
Honestly, I like how it is now, but if there is a minor change like how I suggested, then I guess it would be fine.

-Nayana

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi folks! It's that time again...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in the game get a peek-see at new sights, and even get an extra jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?
Yes! I believe that if wizards want to prepare for whats comming up, the ShOULD be able to port to tem Because, they can fight the other monesters, and wrk on side quests to get them higher, so the world they are working on NOW, will be easier for them. And I dont think its fair to the newer players because if you do that, they are going to feel as if they didnt have as much freedom as the higher lvls. I dont think you should take that oppertunity away from my fellow Wizards. :(

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
Thank you KI, for asking your players for their opinions on matters like these.

I think the fact that Wizard101 is a family-oriented game is a huge part of its identity. Aside from all the other wonderful things about it that sets it apart from (and above, imo!) most other online mmo games, it manages to be entertaining and challenging for both kids and grown-ups. The fact that many real life families actually do play together, needs to be taken into consideration on this question. For that reason, I think lower level players should still be allowed into higher level worlds.

I have several higher level wizards and play with my daughter, her friends and other younger and lower level players, as well as higher level players, and it would really change the character of the game A LOT if we could no longer freely port back and forth to each other to help or battle or explore or just hang out together.

I remember when I was a new player and I ported to higher level worlds, I was awed and motivated by seeing them. I find these players have the same reaction.

Bottom line, I feel it should continue to be allowed. I think not allowing families and friends who play together to freely port to each other regardless of their levels would be a fundamental change in the character of the game, specifically, it would make it much less of a family-friendly game, and I certainly don't claim or mean to speak on behalf of KI, but based on all they've said and done, it doesn't appear they want to go in the direction of less family-friendly. I hope KI chooses to please keep this feature the way it is :-).

Thank you again so much for asking our opinions.

Survivor
May 11, 2009
I think the wizards that have already have finished the game should be able to go to the different worlds. We already know how to play the game and the newbes need to work there way up to it if they want to be able to port.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
It has been both a plessing and a curse. Being able to visit and view the different worlds is exciting. I am a level 20 storm wizard. The experienc of battling advance monsters has forced me to learn at a quicker rate. There are worlds that I do not enter unless one of my freinds need help. Then only to aid and cast proteting spells on them, and protect myself.
The curse is that I cannot enter the tree to transport to the sphinx world and may not ever learn. Which I would like to learn or earn. :P

Survivor
Jun 26, 2010
Yes.. Many wizards of mine do Side Quests before main, I think it fits better, So the answer for me is yes, Wizards should be able to go to different worlds, even a level 1 Would be helpful to a level 28 or a level 36 in Mb or Ms or a Level 45 in DS I love the game the same way it always was!

Survivor
Dec 01, 2009
Well, i think this is a tough choice. Like people said, most new wizards rely on the higher level words to level them up and make them powerful. hey, NEWSFLASH, have complted several wizards, and they always level up in their own, eanred world. I am sick of friends asking if i can take them to the labyrinth, and of noobs contaminating dragonspyre when they haven't even leared storm shark. They use up feints and traps on enemies with spells like scarab, which is infuriating to higher level players. While it WOULD force players to acutally level themselves up (boo hoo hoo) I think it would be more fair to only allow people to travel to the worlds they hold the key to. This might sound mean, but believe me, i'm not saying it to be mean. I'm saying it so players will actually have to earn the awesome benifits of the higher worlds.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
Survivor
Aug 08, 2009
I think that if you have not earned entrance to go into another world, you should not be able to go into that world in till you get a quest saying that you can go in. Mostly when the young wizards go into an advanced world they end up dying or leaving you with more monsters to fight by yourself.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2009
I think that it's fine. But I think that there should be a reject button if someone wants to port. So that if you don't want the person to port it wont allow them. I know there is a way to turn your teleport off. But there may be people that you want to port. I think that would be less people that are lower lvl in places that they can't handle alone. But if your trying to help someone lvl in the game they should be able to port.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2008
Absolutly Not. They have to earn their way through the spiral like everybody else. l:

Explorer
Jan 11, 2010
In short, NO. In my opinion, KI has the health levels and such as it pertains to each level adjusted to your level at the time, and the world you are questing in. A level 20 wizard who is allowed to quest in Krokotopia for example, has the heath for that level and world, and his or her deck set up for those level enemies. If that level 20 ports to DS, and into a battle, they will either die quickly, or cause the upper level wizard to have to battle more enemies on their own, when the low level flees, or cause the upper level to be defeated. That is just not right.
I have 3 GrandMaster Wizards and have earned each one, and did not port around on the backs of upper levels to areas where I had no business going to, to get them. For me, each new level and each new spell earned was an accomplishment, and each new world that I was SENT to, was a treat :)
I think if a lower level tries to port to DS, a message should come up that they are not ready for that area, and should not be allowed there until they have earned it and are sent there by Ambrose.
I also think you become a better wizard by taking your time and going through each world and sticking to your quests in each, to level up in both health, and xp, before moving on to the next. :)

Kimberly ~GrandMaster of Death, Life and Balance

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
In other online games the character being visited must give approval before the other can teleport to them. A character that is in a battle can't see the request so they can't give permission. I see no problem with lower level wizards going to advanced worlds, but the wizards that are there would have control as to when the visitor can teleport. Since there are already measures in place that prevent wizards from teleporting to other wizards in certain areas, this may be an easy addition to the game programing. Requiring permission to teleport and preventing teleporting to battles would solve this problem and still let lower wizards visit all the worlds.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
My friends and i have talked about this subject many times
we all feel that part of the responsibility is that of the wizard that does not communicate with his fellow wizard friends about the porting issue. we have a rule and when i have someone enter our group of friends we tell them that they must ask before porting to us, this of course helps but does not deter them from porting. if they port and don't ask i tell them that i didn't appreciate them not following my rules and i give them one more chance if they are a repeat offender i take them off my list.

As for something to make this easier on everyone i think that we should be prompted before they port. the info of that specific wizard so we can make the decision as to whether we want this wizard to join us or not.
the name and level should be included when the prompt shows up.
this way we don't feel like our lower level friends are not intruding in our battles that we know that they are not capable of fighting.
as for them porting while we are not in a battle i don't have any concerns if they pay to play the game and want to look around to see what to look forward to when they level up that's fine.
the issues of allowing them to get exp and drops and gold i think that needs to be adjusted if u help someone in a battle but have not gained access via unlocking that world you should not get the same exp and drops as those that have. i think that would make things more enjoyable as far as I'm concerned.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
yes i believe that it is a good thing that lower level wizards can port to new worlds with friends because is a it a game you can play with friends and family and most of my friends are lower level than i and i port to them when they need help and Vice-versa. 8) ~Mo

Survivor
May 16, 2010
I have read at least one page of comments from other wizards and all of them do have a point. Being a father of two boys that got me addicted to the game, LOL, one point I think is worthy of repeating is about splitting familes up. Elimination of all teleporting would definately be devasting to the families that play together. I know all about other players jumping in and bringing in extra monsters, but that is one of the challenges of the game, is it not? I often have friends at higher levels that ask me to help them. Should I now tell them i can't because they are a higher level? I don't however agree with thee idea of allowing others to port to higher levels to get more experienced pets, cards, housing etc. These should be earned items that only come from experience and leveling up honestly.

Maybe the restriction should be this: You can only port to a higher level when requested by a friend. This can be done simply by having the "Teleport to Friend" bar replaced by a "Request Help" bar. When you click on this bar, it will bring up a list of online friends that you can choose from. You then click on the desired friend. This would then send a message to that friend stating, "xx friends name xx, has requested help from you. Would you like to help this friend?" Followed by a YES or NO selection box. Eliminating of the "Teleport to a Friend" bar may help solve some of the annoying teleport issues.

One other thing on this. I have often helped friends with their quests and the one thing that I have found frustrating is that after we have completed the quest, once I reach that level on my own, I have to do it all over again. This seems a bit unfair as I have also put in the effort to complete the quest but do not reap the benefits of it. Now I do think there should be some restriction to this, just to keep it fair. If you are requested to help in a dungeon and you begin and complete the dungeon level with that friend, then you earn the mastery of that dungeon and would not be required to repeat it as you do now. Otherwise, if you begin helping in the middle of the dungeon sequence, or do not finish the dungeon then once you reach that level, you would have to redo it, start to finish.

I am interested in feedback from other players and even the KI staff on my teleporting suggestion. I will check back soon to see any other comments on it.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009

I have three wizards in Wizards101, two grandmasters and one that is on the way. One is ice, one is myth and one is storm.
With all three I worked my way up from level 1, and not once did I go into areas that I did not have access too.
To many times I have had lower levels and I mean really lower level wizards pop in when I was in battle, only to realize that they could not handle it. So what happens? They pop in, I have another monster to battle and they leave. OR they try to stay and have very low experience points, which means that I have to keep and eye on them and also try to win. This is why my transport button is always OFF when I am in battle.
People may say that they have a right to come and this is true, but please do not enter battles unless you can really be a help. If you are facing a monster with 2000 points and somebody pops in with 700 points. Their chances are not good.
I had a person yelling for help awhile back, who was in Dragonspyre. When I got there I found out he was a level 7 trying to battle a monster in the Drake Hatchery. I mean seriously!!
All of us work very hard to get to Dragonspyre, but most of us do it world by world. The storyline goes through each. And in Mooshu a couple of the storylines must be done to finish DS.
For those who think I am a subscriber I am, but when I started I was NOT. I did a lot of babysitting and bought the gift cards, which gave me access. And I worked my way up world by world. Of course I had friends who were willing to help, but many of them were already ahead of me, so I did a lot of it alone.
So please, I know it is exciting to move ahead to different worlds. But you are defeating the purpose of why all the worlds are there. There is a storyline in place that brings you to DS.
I have to say no. I don't think they should be allowed to.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2009
Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
absolutely not, lower level players should NOT BE ALLOWED to port to areas they have not earned "All in good time" enjoy the game for what it is and you'll get their soon enough

Thanks
8x grandmaster and 7X warlord