Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
YES! Because what if you just are going to help someone in Grizzleheim for example? It's not a mandatory world! So why restrict it and others. Or simply what if a higher level asks for help?! Why do that! It'd ruin the fun of the game and if that happens i might even quit!

Survivor
Sep 19, 2008
well i mean i find it annoying when a like lvl 5 goes into malistare with you and wont leave. But they did pay for a subscription so they do have a right but guys you CAN TURN OFF THE PORTS YOU KNOW. its not like tey can port whenever they want to. Even though it's annoying at times they have a right but it gets really annoying but KI i wouldnt matter if you would change it. :D :D

Survivor
Jun 06, 2010
I think that it should be allowed, my son loves this game and it takes him a while to catch up to me and this way he can just tp to me and it is all good.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
I can see both sides of this debate. I am often annoyed by characters porting into my battles (when I forget to turn off porting). On occasions, however, I will welcome the company on a quest from friends and family. And let's face it, sometimes a lower level friend helping out can be better than summoning a minion in battle. ;-) I do still encourage my friends and family to complete their quests. Another problem I see with completely shutting off the porting for lower level characters is that you may start losing the interests of some of the characters especially the younger ones. Once they lose interest, they don't play as much, and that is when subscriptions start getting canceled and fewer crowns are purchased to unlock areas. For me, the answer to this question is not to turn off the teleports for characters not advanced enough for a given area. Instead, I would like to see some more refined controls around teleporting, such as:
Ask Mode: a popup with an accept and reject button would appear each time someone tries to port to you. an optional "ignore all" check box for disabling the popup with your selection for the duration of the battle/quest/login session.
Anonymous mode: Your character will not appear in your friends' lists. If your friends can't see/select you, they can't teleport or beg to port to you.
A porting exception list: only members of this list may port to you unannounced, all others must ask.

These are my thoughts.

-Cole Owlblood, Level 50 Theurgist

Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
i believe that any1 that has bought a sub of crown unlocked an area should be allowed access to any location no matter their lvl

i payed for access to the game and i currently use some of the instances in MS and DS to power lvl mine and my wife's lower lvl characters and i would love to know how that interferes with any1 elses game play especially because we are in an instance when we do it

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
I understand that families and groups of friends may have wizards at many different levels and all want to play together. Noo problem with that at all. What I have a problem with is the lower level wizards who have ported into an area by a friend then run around and randomly join fights. I have had lower levels wizards joining in on solo fights I was doing, who I have no isea who they are, no asking if it ok to join in and then bringing in more monsters, just when I am near death fighting the ones I engaged.

If family and friends were allowed to all port but needed to use a group status to stay together - and once that group broke up, all would return to the area they came from - could possibly be a way to allow them to port and not interfere with wizaqrds they don't know.

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
I personnally think that younger wizards SHOULD NOT be allowed unless they have enough experience to get there.... For lower wizards (Lvl 1-10)
If they tried to teleport to when you were in a higher realm(Kroktopia, marleybone) you they should be teleported to the main area of that realm for example in Kroktopia the Oaisis, NorthGuard for Grizzlehiem, and the like.... And they should'nt be able to mark that place either.....
I think getting somewhere higher than your wizard is capable of getting kinda brings the fun out of becoming part of the story...
Thanks!!!!
Alyssa Pixiedust

Survivor
Sep 02, 2009
Well it dosen't sound good... but it depends on the friend if the higher wizard teleported away and left the other one find new friends like me and my friend are tight. We always work together and together we are unstoppable!
Blaze Firespear "No fire, No power."

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
No, I do not think they should be allowed. For instance, when you are fighting Gurtok and using feints and then someone ports in from a lower level, they use your feints with small spells. It takes a lot longer and if they do not have open chat you cannot communicate with them at all. You should be the appropriate level to port to the appropriate world and place within that world.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
Ok,
here is my thoughts on this, first of all if you dont want some one porting in on a fight turn your allow ports off.
Secondly, I have alot of my real life family playing this game plus we have a family account and being able to port in like it is right now is a wonderful asset to our family helping one another as well as close friends.
I think if the folks a wizard101 stop this from being allowed I will have to seriously consider getting out of this game all together.
its bad enough that you spend a ton of money trying to hatch lvl 48 pets and get one out of 20 to come out with the results you want but this will be the last straw for me since I am funding the money for the subs and the crowns for my family I will have to stop playing.
I hope this is the last we hear about this ideal.
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi folks! It's that time again...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in the game get a peek-see at new sights, and even get an extra jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
ABSOLUTELY NOT! the people who have earned to get into those worlds EARNED, EARNED it! The noobs who have ported to DS and others dont deserve to be there.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
yeah, if you haven't unlocked the world yourself then there isn't any fun in the game and it's quite unfair on those who worked hard to unlock the worlds. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
Where to begin? I have 18 wizards, 17 are Grand Masters (working on #18 Ice in Krokatopia now). I have done each one in order of the story line and side quests and I do Grizzleheim last as I see it as a side quest world. If you do the side quests you will level up fast. I know allot of wizards do not bother with side quests and it takes them forever to level up, well that is their own fault. I have ported to friends that need help to higher worlds. I do not "power level" I jam through each world to get my badges, I am a big crater as well. So I always do my crafting on each world, then port to the next world via another wizard on one of my other two accouts to buy the recipes and start getting regents to complete those, so restriciting that would be a bummer. I have been playing over a year. Restricting a player from from the other worlds would hender their ability to help their friends at higher levels for battles. So basically the best way to fix this issue is to allow people to port any where they want, but if they don't have the quest then they get the low experience points as if they killed a street monster.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Yes i think they should be able to. Sometimes i need help and there isnt always someone on that is in the same world as me, yes they are kind of weak but a little help is better than no help, so yes i think we should keep things the way they are it just helps everyone help eachother :)

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
I don't care if a freind teloports to me But i do have freinds that need help. And i need help to sometimes.

So thats what i think :) :-) :-) :-) :) :-) :) :) :-) :) :-) :) :) :-) :) :-) :) :-) :) :-)

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
Firefan02 wrote:
Yes with some changes.

I would like to see the mark spot feature, side quests, and drops all tied to the Spiral Key. If you don't hold a key you cannot mark spot, get side quests or get drops (amulets, pets, rings, athames,hats, boots or robes). Have XP and gold at the same level as the highest Spiral Key a wizard holds . This allows porting to see the world, gives some benefits. But, keeps the best benefits off limits until you actually get there and are powerful enough to do it alone.

Another idea is the lower level person has to be with a friend (that holds a Spiral Key to the area) and can only fight if their friend is engaged in a battle with them.

What annoys me is when lower level wizards port in mark a spot and return over and over to farm or they get side quests to level up faster in higher level worlds. Both of those can be done in a wizards current world, just not as fast.

I am sad it has come to this point.

Megan F
Megan D

i have to say i really like this ideas, also nesogras idea of a battle lock/restriction is good.

either could help the situation

savannah

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
I would prefer that it would be impossible for smaller students to teleport to areas further than one area beyond what they should be running around in, based on their quest progress. So those with access to Marleybone should be able to go to friends in Mooshu, but not to Dragonspyre.

It would cut down on the amount of extremely low level people running around in the higher level areas, while still letting people join slightly higher friends and aid them - and for those doing the crafting quests, to get hold of a crafting quest early on.

Alternatively, adding a "let this friend join you?" message pop up when someone attempts to reach you in an area higher than where they are supposed to be, could also cut down on spam. If the person being poked refuses to let their friend join, the friend could then be blocked from sending further requests to anyone for another five-ten minutes (to cut down on potential request spam, like we have with friends list at the moment).

Survivor
Jan 18, 2010
While as a novice or any other title before master, I felt so excited when I teleported to a friend who was in an area I had never seen before. After the battle which I teleported to was finished, I would immediately go to the "commons" area of that world and try to pick up any side quests ahead of time or any unique reagents and also see as much as I could of the world that I'd have to wait for while following the storyline. However, that excitement is nothing compared to receiving the spiral key for that world via storyline quest and arriving at the Spiral door of that world. I had been to MB, MS, DS via friends ahead of time but never to Krokotopia. I still remember entering Krokotopia with the key and being in absolute awe of how different it was from WC. I was using my mouse to look at everything from ceiling to floor to every corner design because it was NEW. That is why I believe Wizard101 shouldn't allow students to visit places ahead of the storyline quest. Let their anticipation and hard work in the previous world reward them with a fresh entry via the Spiral Door. It also gives a feeling of "Wow, I am finally here!" Of course it would be sad when you're really needing help and all your friends online are lower levels and they can't teleport. But then again it's maddening when you're just about done with a difficult battle and a novice drops by dragging in a whole new enemy and then after a few rounds, your novice is "I need healing" "I need healing" "I need healing" "I need healing" you.

Survivor
Oct 29, 2009
well for those who have subscriptions should be able to go anywhere there friends are...after all you are paying for FULL ACCESS..and sometimes your friends need help in other areas..it helps allot..plz dont change that i think it should stay the way it is..

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
They should be able to, say someone is in a battle and depseratly needs help but the only friend on havent made it to that world. They would be sol.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2008
NO WAY lower people that can only menu chat can die and lvl one's can die to so i'm not very happy if lower people come to krokotopia then ill have to help them fight i hate helping people fight then ill use up all my good treasure cards for nothing and then ill be broke then i would hate to have to buy more oh and think about letting mounts be free for one day plz i really want dream filly

Survivor
Jan 24, 2010
I think yes and no. If they try to teleport to you and they do not have access to the world then somhing should pop up that says "So and so wants to teleport to you. They are level__ and they do not have access. Do you want to allow them?" If they say yes then allow them. If they say no then just say your friend does not want to be distuirbed right now. Or someting like that.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
i think yes. the answer is that before porting there they get something like this:
WARNING!
You are about to enter a high level area with dangerous monsters. are you sure you want to proceed?
yes. no. (buttons)
if your below level 7 you get this for entering krokotopia.
if your below level 15 you get this for entering marleybone.
if your below level 25 you get this for entering mooshu.
if your below level 30 you get this for entering dragonspyre.
if your below level 35 you get this for entering celestia.
this is my two cents. i like being able to do this because there are side quests in marleybone i like to do with a friend taking me to the places i need. my sister and i do this quite often. in the future i would like to continue letting my master sister call upon my adept life for healing in dragonspyre. also, i don't think these should be for none-monster areas, but if you try to go into a monster area then you get it. so if my krokotopian initiate wants to buy housing for her dorm in marleybone, she can port to a friend and buy what she needs. if, however she goes to scotland yard, picks up the newspaper and accidentally runs into knights court this will stop her. i hope you post this and consider it.
~Autumn owlglade

Survivor
Aug 26, 2010
I think wizards of any level should be able to teleport to places that they haven't "unlocked" yet. Most of the time when wizards of lesser level teleport to me, it's because I need their help. They don't crowd the place because if they try to fight on their own then they ususally die. So... LEAVE TELEPORTING TO PLACES YOU HAVEN'T UNLOCKED ALONE!

Survivor
May 30, 2010
i have played this game a long time and i like it the way is now. i like the freedom the game gives to go where you want at any level. if people dont want lower level players there turn off ports. i like leveling up my noobs that way and i think if changes have to be made please dont change it for memebers. i pay to play and have several accounts , i dont think it would be fair to change this for people whom pay. the game is great , just stop complaining about lower level people porting and turn off the ports. Please wizards 101 dont change these things for the complaining, they will just find other things to complain about. they changed the way treasures were handled dont let them change this too.