Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 15, 2010
Yes we should go and teleport to other WORLDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
I think this is a problem in many MMORPG's, and I'm not sure there's a clear solution. Personally I like the idea of allowing my friends to come to me, no matter their level. However, I have also seen the abuse of people that "just show up".

The uniqueness of how W101 does combat seems to exacerbate the problem. You cannot choose who joins you in combat, and there's really no penalty for getting into a combat, finding out that it's too tough, and then bailing out. Yes, your health drops to zero, but honestly a potion, then a game (where not only do you get to fill your potion bottle but get treasure as well) gets you back to normal and is not a penalty. However, the people left in combat usually have to deal with an additional foe.

Having lower-level characters be more of a target (gain more agro) is not a realistic penalty either, as it will only encourage them to bail when they start to get clobbered. Again, as there are no real consequences to being defeated or fleeing a battle, dying faster is not really a deterrent. Remember that lower-level characters may not even be trying to get into combat, but if they are within the area when they enter combat they can / will be drawn into the nearest dueling circle - regardless of whether that circle is empty or occupied.

So here are my suggestions...

1. Do not allow a player to join a combat unless either a) they are part of a group that is involved in the battle, or b) they meet the minimum level requirements for the level (whatever KI decides them to be).
2. Players that are not eligible to join combat should be prohibited from entering the dueling circle. As annoying as it may be to have a lower-level player join your combat, it's much worse when they just dance around and generally become an annoyance.
3. Do not allow a player to mark a location if they do not have the appropriate Spiral Key. This does not mean that they cannot mark a location in an area they haven't unlocked. For example, If a player has the Spiral Key to access Marleybone but hasn't yet progressed to Knight's Court, they could still mark a location within Knight's Court if they were able to "pop in". However, if a player does not have the Spiral Key to Marleybone then they couldn't mark in Knight's Court (or anywhere else in the realm) until they obtained the key.
4. Do not allow a player to take ANY quest for a realm that they don't have a Spiral Key for. This will discourage power-gaming. I have friends at various levels, and it's really not that big a deal for me to *back-track* and help them with lower-level quests in order for them to catch up with me. (I also have friends and family members that do the same for me.)

In the scheme of things this issue is more of an annoyance than anything that's really *broken* with the game. It's not in my personal "top 10" of things that need to be addressed.

Survivor
Oct 29, 2009
o ya forgot to mention this in my other text, people were saying level restrictions that isnt a good idea cause what if you just finished marleybone and you are only level 21 then you couldnt access mooshu right away and that wouldnt be fair at all

hope you take time to think about my ideas

Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
yes you should let people go to places with membership and you should give crowns for 10 gold

Survivor
Feb 18, 2010
Yes and No.There should be a curtain level if you don't have access to that area. Krokotopia Level 12 Grizzelheim Level 17 or 18 Marleybone Level 26 or 27 Moshu Level 35 or 36 Dragonsprye Level 42-45 :) :D :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :P 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
Yes, I think they should be able to, just to level up quicker, or get a new spell, or either to help a friend in a dungeon or something.

Defender
May 27, 2010
i say they should not be able to cause its so annoying when they show up and annoy people and besides they should access to that world actaully having access to the world makes it easier to survive in but if you way too low a lvl you shouldnt be able too and i get really annoyed by all the annoying low lvl people

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
i think a sign so go up and say, this person want to port to you, lvl so and so

Survivor
Aug 14, 2009
I feel like by earning the right to access new worlds, makes you appreciate your wizard and there quest more. It would not be fair to the current grandmasters to let every noob that logs on from here on out access all of the worlds. The current Grandmasters had to earn that right, and so should the noobs. :P

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
Survivor
Jan 22, 2009
Generally I really don't think if you haven't earned the area you shouldn't be allowed to go there. Sometimes there are friends who need help to get through an instants or to get some monsters done that can't be done alone. If you join a group maybe they should be allowed to go to that area. Its annoying to other players if someone is just there and not able to do anything but bug others for help or whatever.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2009
I think that people should be allowed to get in to the other worlds. Other people whine that low-levels bug them a lot. The simple solution? Add them, go to a boss, and ask them for help. If they do, keep them. If they say they're in a fight, busy, or can't, try again. If they say they don't have access, say I can't multiple times, or flat-out don't do anything, remove them.

-Caitlin Nightrider, Level 20 Theurgist

No offense!

Survivor
May 19, 2009
Absolutely not!

I don't want weak characters jumping into battles or dungeons with me, and besides, what point would there be to jump ahead? Yes, there are sidequests but think about it. If a level 5 gets help and completes lots of Dragonspyre side quests done, it makes the story mode quests too easy and boring, and when he/she is In Dragonspyre and is looking for side quests, they're all gone and he/she is stuck behind where they should be. If players really want to go to new places, why not add a world similar to grizzleheim (in concept, not world theme or anything else) that begins at level one and advances to challenges that are fit for stronger characters.
but advancing to new worlds early is a bad idea.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Low lvl wizards " noobs " should not be allowed in to worlds they have not earned yet, here are a few reasons why : 1. they join a battle with a high lvl monster they die and flee and your stuck fighting an extra monster 2. they nee to stick with the storyline you dont just jump to DS from WC. 3. it just make it harder for others. yes i understand that they paid for a subscribtion, so they shouldn't be allowed out of the " commons " area of the world they have not yet unlocked i hope you will consider this. PLZ? :D :D

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
I think lower levels should be able to go to higher level places. I remember having a quest on my myth that said i had to go to marleybone and talk to someone so i could get a card. Well if i wasn't able to teleport to a friend in marleybone i wouldnt have been able to get the new card i wanted.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2010

YES! Because wizards need to see what the game is about. People should note keep on wondering what the game is about so i say Yessss

Survivor
Mar 18, 2010
I think that friends should be able to help friends battle. A wizard who has not unlocked the world should be able to help, but that is all. They should not be able to do any quests, etc. on their own. It seems to be that way now for the most part. If a level 15 is running around dragonspyre, they aren't going to survive long by themselves anyway.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
I would also like to vote that players who have not earned their way to a world should not be able to port to those who have. I have had battles become unbalanced when players do this. The Plaza of Conquests in DS has several bosses outside and it is a mess right now. Low level players hang out there and jump into battles. It is simply unfair to those who have worked to reach that point in the game.

I have seen several posts where people have said that they need access to higher level worlds to level up their low level wizards. If you play the game it was designed to be played, you would not have this problem. It is unfair to others who have spent the time and effort and money to get to where they are to have to put up with this just because other players want to skip quests and just level up.

Ultimately, I think it would be an encouragement for players to work and pay to play if they have to earn their way to a world. It would make the experience more enjoyable as you know that you earned your way the where you are at and the people you see did so as well. Right now, even a first level wizard can port in on a Malistaire run and let others do the heavy lifting. This just cheapens the entire experience.

Please put a world lock in place.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2010
Greetings Blaze here about the world jumping i say at least be lvl 30 - 35 at this lvl you have the cards an the power to move around in Dragonspyre. mooshu is easy at this lvl an when you hit it. from what i have seen peopl do quite well in mooshu an Dragonspyre. i dont know if i can say here but i have a quition on a idea for the game it hit me when i was playing.

GrandMaster Blaze

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Survivor
Sep 07, 2010
I think that they should be allowed to ( i sometimes to myself) but each world should have a level limit.If a level 20 came to the battle with you, it would be better than having a level 5 to mess you up.Thats just what i think soo... :-)

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
I really like that you get to see new worlds before you get there. I know it was a big deal for me when I was a lower level player and I got to port to my "older" friends and see what is in store.

I don't think it's that big a deal because you can already limit friend teleports and you don't have to accept friend requests from lower level players if you don't want to.

It's not without it's flaws (it can be very annoying when the lower level player uses your feint on a troll,) but I think the Pros outweigh the Cons.

~Victoria Griffinbane
grandmaster of balance

Survivor
Oct 08, 2008
I've read some interest Pro's and Con's and each has its points. But I have to agree with some of the basic facts...

1, Yes, it is EARNED to get to the next level. I am sorry for those who do not have higher level friends to assist. Sometimes all you need do is ask :)

2, It is annoying when another wizard pops in on a quest. Especially if its a long timed dungeon. They tend to run off on their own thereby ruining the excitement of what is next.

3, Being this is a paid function beyond the normal wizard city, a compromise might be a good suggestion. Although I would vote NO, maybe allowing access to one world, perday, for say 30 min. It would give wizards the flavor of whats to come and not get in the way of those who processing forward.

I know this is not an easy call but those of us who have worked our way up relay on you for making the right decission.

Survivor
May 07, 2010
Paige MoonShade wrote:
I am sorry
This game is based on family friendly fun. If my Nephews, Niece ect.... want to port to me in Celestia, I should be able to let them no matter what their level is. They ported to me in Dragonspyre and played some of the side quest.

I have no issues with lower levels in worlds, I have players port to me all the time. They know if my ports are off it is for a reason. If they are on you are allowed to port.

You have the option to turn off your ports for a reason, you have perfect realms if you don't want to be around players.

I see no harm in keeping the game dynamics they way they have always been.
This is my opinion.

i agree completeley. it takes all the fun out of it to block off access to worlds that your friends are in. this game, despite it's colorful, fun appearance, is quickly earning a reputation for it's already too oppressive "parental" rules. Yes, it is understandable why upper levels would be whiny about a few more monsters. It happens, big deal. Just go get more health and mana and come back. You could die, anyway, and just because someone is low level doesnt mean they cant fight, particulary if they are clever in their spell combos. And a higher level isjust as likely to be rude and use your traps as a low guy, maybe more so. I've noticed that some higher levels tend to be very arrogant and full of themselves that way. I think it also a bad idea to have a pop-up asking you to "allow" a friend to teleport. That's what the options page in the spellbook is for, and it would get more annoying answering the pop-ups than to just let it be! Adding more rules, restrictions and Red Tape to navigate can only serve to make this game less enjoyable.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2008
NO. they should only be allowed in worlds they have earned the right to be in. i'm tired of seeing lvl 5's with the Savior Of The Spiral Badge.