Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
NO!!!!!!
It's called a "story line" for a reason!
-Samantha (Balance)
-Amy (Life)
-Natalie (Myth)
-Vanessa (Death)
-Jessica (Ice)
-Fiona (Fire)
SunCatcher :D

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
I agree that these lower level wizards sould not be allowed to port in to other worlds that they havent earned but i do wish that certain areas like fighting Malistares wife we should be able to port in to either help or get help from same lvl wizards or bigger thats the whole point of the game right make friends get them to help you its just wrong to go in to a fight and ask for help from someone and they tell you they cant port that just sucks i wish they would change that.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2010
I have two accounts and four GrandMasters, two at level 46+ and then some 'noob' wizards (levels 25 and lower). I believe KI set the storyline with certain requirements to get through each world to earn the spiral key to the next world. I'd presume that was put in place for a reason, like to make sure the wizard was ready for the next higher world's challenges and monsters. By allowing any/all players to teleport into a friend at any level, defeats that initial intention because the lower level wizard has not learned how to fight / defend against the new bosses they encounter. I have not ported anyone into any higher world because I believe it should be EARNED.

I am totally against having lower-leveled players port into any area they have not EARNED on their own by doing the quests. I do, however, like the previous suggestion of 'ghosting' a lower-level wizard that has not earned the spiral key into a world. By "Ghosting" them, they can 'see / preview' the area but NOT AFFECT fights of other players and they cannot earn rewards (XP / Drops / Pets) nor steal them away from the deserving players that have earned their right to fight in that world. I've granded four wizards without having to do that, it's how the game was designed to work in the first place and to earn something in a simple game is more rewarding that getting it done the easy way. Tisk Tisk to those players that think they "can't level their wizards without porting into the higher worlds to level faster". They are just lazy and think having the GM status on the game is why they should be able to port anywhere... wrong answer.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
YES i do, But i Think That The Peson That they PORT to Is Resonable for what they do if the porter is reported. I believe that the one that was ported to should have some of the blame, and the they should not be able to picc up quest in worlds that is not open to them. I Also Believe That We Should Be Given The Chose Of Letting Them Port Just Like We have The Chose To Put Them Out Our House "SEND AWAY" it Should Be "This Person Is Trying To Port To You Do You Want ______ To Port?" Yes Or No If Not "Your Friend Is Busy Right Now" Or Something Like That

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
of course they should cause if it would be too hard they wouldnt go kile i didnt go to dragonspyre until i was already in moo shu

Survivor
Mar 17, 2009
Well, It's nice for the "lower" levels...to explore different worlds...But I don't think that they should be able to. I think...that if for example a lvl 5 ...ported to someone in marleybone..who was in big ben..the lvl 5 should only be ported to regents square. The noob levels should only be able to see the home areas of the different worlds..when they port to someone..somewhere else.

Survivor
May 11, 2009
They should earn there way to the worlds, and when they port to you in say, DragonSpyre, and there lvl 5, they will be BEGGING for your help cause they got into a fight on purpose, therefore disturbing your chance to lvl up.

see what i mean?

Survivor
May 09, 2010
i agree that the people that are not high enough to go to for ex krockotpia(i cant spell it) should not be able to battle but when they are lvl 20 and 25 they have to go to marlybone to get the next deck. i would either let them not battle and only shop OR not let them for ex go to grizzlehime(cant spell it) from wizard city and put the items that they cant get at the shops untill the next world put them at the shops that sell the type of item that the person needs. dont juge me

Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
I thing lower lvl people should be able teleport to higher places, but they should be asked if they are sure they really want to go there and warn them what kind of enemy lvls there are in that area.

Defender
May 21, 2009
No, I don't think wizards should be able to teleport to worlds that they do not have quests in

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
may i suggest a button that players can toggle on or off if they want that "filters" friends like a only allow friends with this world to port that way its the best of both worlds

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
Preacher7719 wrote:
No.

i agree. And besides what if you have a couple of noobs going into ds. they will keep on getting defeated over and over and over again because they dont have good spells. whats the point of that?
-Samantha SunCatcher-

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
They should not be able to because they need to earn the world and experience them selfs and is not fair to those who have earned it.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
i think things should be normal because maybe a low level person wants to see a world before he goes there and be prepared. if you change anything about that people might start quiting so might as well keep that stuff the same :D :-) :) 8)

Survivor
May 09, 2010
Yes: The freedom to jump can be abused and annoying to the person Jumped to. This is a different issue than the one asked, but should be addressed by being able to individually deny peoples requests to jump. And make it so they can't re-request for one min!

NO: The freedom where to jump should not be terminated. I don't see any serious advantage gained with people getting to jump to different areas.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
Rogtim wrote:
I think they should be allowed to, but if they don't have a key to that world, they get VERY minimal (maybe 1%) experience points for anything they do. For example, for a quest that would normally give 2800 experience points, they would get 28. This would probably deter them from going there to 'power level', which in my opinion takes a lot of the fun out of the game.

Rogan Firehammer
yeah but people might quit if they do that

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
No I do not think they should be allowed to TP either, they should be made to do the same tasks we had to in order to get to that world! I would also like to add, I think you should re-do it so that it pops up and asks you to allow that person to TP to you or deny it, that way we stop getting extra monsters just to have that person flee!

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
Instead of having all the worlds open to everyone maybe they could have a sneak peak at the worlds they cant get into. I think that would be better.
-Samantha SunCatcher-
Balance

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
goodmood wrote:
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi folks! It's that time again...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in the game get a peek-see at new sights, and even get an extra jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?

I agree with everything you said about Porting, I really think Lower level Wizards should ask first. I know it is a bother, some think they can just buy Treasure cards to fight with, forgetting that Dragonspyre characters can take them out with one spell. They need to know how to increase their Health and mana thru their outfit as well.

Sometimes I can't even go to Wizard City Commons without 3-4 Friend requests from levels 10 and under, then, I don't ever hear from them again. My list is full of people that I hardly ever see. I hope they don't feel bad if I delete them for a higher level Wizard.

I really hate to spoil their fun although it is annoying. If you would make DragonSpyre, Marleybone off lights perhaps that would help. I know when I was just learning some friends were really helpful while others were as clueless as I was.
Destiny Shadow Friend
Monica Strong Blood
Jenna Owl Dust
well then try going to options then look up and look for privacy settings turn off allow friend requests and turn off allow friend teleports :)

Survivor
Aug 06, 2008
I think they should be a limit to which worlds that get access, like the next one up but not to a world that is two or three levels up.

As a side note if you let them port to all worlds or even limit them PLease, Please, Please close the side quests I have a few friends on my list that try to do the side quests in DS and just do not have the mana or the health to even start such a quest.

Survivor
May 10, 2010
I do think that, if at all possible, we should allow the porting to friends but disallow the marking of places. It helps limit how often we upper levels hear the yells for help from the lower levels and whatnot who simply keep a mark in place in the upper levels having gotten there once. It really is a downside to have lower levels jump into your battle then yell at you to heal them or blade them (mostly a Balance school peeve lol) or better yet to have them join your boss fight and cast NOTHING but healing on themselves until the kill shot...

I also like the idea of having a request to port/join. That would help on some of it as well, especially if it, like the friend request, showed the level of the person trying to port.

I play with both my kids (as well as my sister and niece) and they port to me all the time. I make sure they don't jump into fights with anyone else and I don't let them go back without me since I don't think it's fair to the other players. If they want to level, make them have to be with a friend at all times they are in an advanced world. This suggestion was posted by someone else (I'm sorry I don't remember who) and I really agree with it.

Off topic slightly: Could we add a suggestion to go shopping for new gear upgrade things to the drop down menu? I ran into a young lady in MB who was still in all her original gear and I can only assume she didn't know about the upgrading of gear. I felt really bad for her but couldn't suggest she sell some things or upgrade her equipment.

Scarlet ______heart
Balance level 50
Life, Death, Ice, Myth, and Storm level 45

Survivor
Apr 02, 2009
Survivor
Apr 02, 2009
boo311311 wrote:
yes! personally i just cant Level up my newbies without getting them in labyrinth katz lab tree of life and many other paces instead of doing side quests plz KI dont change that!

Gabriel deathforge:50 Death
Devin DragonThistle:50 Life
Christopher SKullRider:50 Storm
Malorn StrongHeart:38 Fire
Jose HexBlade:21 Balance
you are right