Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 23, 2009
i think wizards should be able to go to any world they want to because it would be better for level 15 wizards if they cant go to krokotopia because i was not able to till i was a level 20 when i got there

Survivor
Jun 08, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi folks! It's that time again...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in the game get a peek-see at new sights, and even get an extra jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?

I have gone to higher worlds and ported to higher worlds to get a peek, but in retrospect i do not think that it should be allowed per say. i think there should be a level window, say, within three levels or maybe five in order to get to the world. that way the porter could help in the battles that they port to.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
No, they should not be able to teleport. It annoys me so much that when im doing a quest a die because a level 1-20 joins and i die. So no.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi folks! It's that time again...

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in the game get a peek-see at new sights, and even get an extra jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?

Well, I have mixed feelings on this. When I was a level 15 and farming Snow crusher, all the level 50 people where happy for me to be there. Why, cause I was there to farm not to show how (strong/weak) I was. I helped shied the good guys, or life up and help them blade up, or what ever i could do to help. Not mess up others attacks. I had one attack that was big - from my pet, and I asked if I could use it. And during this time I met a player with multiple grand master with several warlords who is now one of my best online friends.

But I know how Frustrating it is to have a level 10 sneak in to DS, then jump fights with bosses like the Gurtok Demon or Sea Lord. So, it can be both good and bad. But Now there are so many people now with Multiple Wizards that it doesn't seem to be the same problem it used to be.

Personally, I don't mind too much when low level guys come. If I don't like they way they fight, I will change realms. And sometime I want my lower level friends to come with me on some adventures, because they are smarter than many of the level 45 out there.

Lowering the XP is not the way to go, As most (real) noobs don't do this for the xp. The do it for the sneak peak into a new area. And they Dont get much xp from fighting the Mob. Adding a few more Sigils should help because unknown noobs can't jump in. The plaza Monsters are good examples where they could be used.

Now for hard crypts we need to be able to kick people out. Like you do your house. And this should be by the person who's quest it is. For example I have the Malitare quest and a low level guy ports in. Then he starts bad mouthing , and not helping with fights but waiting for the other to do all the battles. We should be able to press the button like we do in our homes and that kick people out, but the person who's quest it is should be the one to dictate. This actually happened me. We kept asking this person to leave. If its the quest of more than one person, then it would take all who have the quest to vote a person out :) This would eliminate all of most of this.

Heck, you could use the vote people out button, on any fight. If people are Jerks, vote them out and it sends them back to the commons :) If the majority want you gone then it sends that person to commons ! This may change the attitude of a lot of people who jump from fight to fight and antagonize others -- Hey I like that Idea.

Isaac Soulslinger GM Storm
Isaac Soulslinger GM Death
Isaac Dreambreaker GM Fire
Isaac DreamMaker 48 Balance

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
No i dont think they should advancing to new worlds is part of the fun xD

Survivor
May 31, 2010
I think things are fine. People porting to you is just a part of the game. Seeing the higher levels helped me decide if I wanted to keep playing. Maybe an option to not let people who do not have access to the area port to you could be created. Then you could turn the option off if you wanted to show someone Moo Shu or Dragon Spyre.

Thanks for listening.

Have a GREAT day,
Miranda MoonCaster

Survivor
Feb 18, 2009
its has happened to me before but i think they shouldnt be allowed maybe one world ahead or if your in wc they should be able to go to kt not mb ms ds and any and all lvl should be able to be in gh

Survivor
Nov 02, 2009
no, because if a new player ports into celestia, they will die in the first battle.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Well instead of not letting them come into a new world, why not make it so they HAVE to ask for permission to join a battle or dungeon, like "____'s friend would like to join, level _, type _, may they join?" And everyone in the battle has to say yes. Same with the dungeons. Same applies to people that arent your friends that ported to a higher world. This would only apply to a world you havent obtained main quest access to.

Survivor
Sep 29, 2009
I was a pay by area member for a long time. I wasn't able to go to world's that I had not payed for, in essence, I had not earned them yet and that's fine. I leveled up by doing all the quests. Now i'm a full member and I still think that whether you're a pay by area or full member you should only have limited access to worlds that you have not earned. I really liked someones idea about only earning 1 percent of gold and experience if you teleport to a higher leverl. That only seems fair or someone else's idea about only having access to the common area of the higher level where they can shop and socialize but not get into battles. They can get a peek at a new world that way.

Alura Shadowhunter - lvl 34 necromancer

Survivor
Dec 28, 2009
yes,because what if your in a battle and your about to die! and the only person online is one of your freinds that dont have access to the location your in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
I do have to agree with many. Earning access is a great accomplishment. But I also feel that a true friend should have a few advantages. True friends would be able to let you know before they show. So if you decided to change it a bit. I personally feel true friends / real life friends and family might be something to think about.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2009
OK family needs to be able to help/hang out with each-other. but how about a window pops up and says " allow USERS NAME to teleport" with a yes or no option.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2009
I'm a mom and my son plays much more than me. I'm able to teleport to battles with him in worlds that I haven't "earned" yet. It's been fun.

I purchased the game subscription so we could do something fun together. If it's harder for us to play together, we're going to play something else. There's lots of games out there.

I agree that it would be unwise to remove an option that was previously available in the game - it would make many players resentful!

As the owner of a web development business myself (though we don't produce games), I think it would be a bad move to change the rules, even if they were somewhat over-permissive to begin with. Not worth the enemies you'd make. Current players who dislike this policy are still playing!

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
Well, I think its ok, but maybe we should have a level set so that if your noob friend wants to port it should come up and ask if thats ok, and you click yes, (only like if they are lvl 20 or below) and they can port to you. That way they dont come in surprise and you BOTH die cuz there are too many enemies. :)

Not trying to be mean!!

Haley DarkBlade lvl 37 Magus Storm Wizard

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
Yes you should be able to port to areas you have not earned so you can help your fellow wizards. You should not be able to pick up any quests or return to an area with out porting to a fellow wizard.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2009
I definitely don't think wizards should be able to venture into worlds they haven't opened up on their own. The advancement is there for a reason. The worlds get harder as you progress in the game. A wizard just starting out would get slaughtered in the first level of Dragonspyre. Not to mention, it's not fair to wizards who HAVE followed the progression to allow any Tom, Dick and Harry to go anywhere they want. If we start letting anyone go anywhere, KI would have to fix the game to allow for it and there would be no challenge left. The game would become rather boring. And, if KI wants to keep the wizards coming, they have to do the best they can to provide a fun and challenging game that is constantly changing and presenting new challenges. Wizards should follow the progression and stop complaining about it, with VERY FEW exceptions.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2008
I don't think that wizard should go to worlds they haven't opened yet, because so many low levels (NO OFFENSE) Bother higher level wizards, and the way we kinda get away from them, is to go to drangonspyre, Mooshu, etc. I dont mean to be mean but, it is the truth... If they go to other worlds they haven't opened yet, they will get more and more and more quests and then they'll have like 12 pages of quests and that will take forever ever to complete.

KESTREL ICEDUST ~ Lvl. 40 Ice/Fire

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
I think its good to not let us go to other worlds without gaining them cause when you gain access to a new world or area you get all surprised and its a good feeling to have.If you been to that world it just ruins the fun of it cause you seen it already.

Survivor
May 10, 2009
Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
i think they should be able to teleport to their friends in whatever world they are in because one day they are going to be able to go to that world and when they do before that day sometime they got to see how challeging that world was and so they could beat that world one day and know what had happened before so they know what power ups to get before then. so i think its a great idea :D :D 8)

Defender
May 28, 2009
I have been reading comments and I'm figuring that the people who want to keep it the way it is, so that they can cheat through leveling up. Now i know some people probably aren't those people. Anyways this is how I see it. Now this is how I see this situation. I remember one time I was helping my friend farm for a pet in dragonspyre. Then there was this level 10 wizard there taking up places, while there was a line to farm there. So we all tried to stay out of the battle so he would die. Then he MARKED the location! No matter what we did we couldn't get rid of him. He claims it's easier then leveling up through quests but let me put it this way. If you level up through cheating through higher level worlds, how will you get there yourselves? Also what is the point of the game if you cheat through it? What do you find the prupose of the game is if you just level up through high level battles? Next time you want to do that, remember these questions.

Explorer
Apr 28, 2010
There should be certain restrictions such as:
1-You can't enter a world you have'nt unlocked until a certain level
Wizard City: none
Krokotopia: 10
Grizzleheim: 20
Marleybone:20
Mooshu: 30
Dragonspyre: 40
NOTE: This level restriction would only be if the player has not aquired the Spiral Key to that world.
2-Whenever you want to teleport to someone it should send a message to the player you want to teleport to asking if you want to let him teleport. If he declines, then player has to wait 60 seconds before asking that person again.
3-If a player enters a world without a Spiral Key to it, they should not be able to enter battles, get the picked up furniture items or have access to side quests there.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2010
yes i think they should because i am lvl 46 a balance wizard with too new wizard in making myth and fire but i am using just on my balance i am same time need same help and same of my friends cant port to that to kind fucken sucks so i say yes we should be able to port where ever we wont :) :-) :D So that my answer to this feedback friday so this wizard is out of this his house

Survivor
Nov 18, 2009
I definitely think that everything is perfectly fine as it is. Many players like to buy clothing from the seamstress lady in different worlds that they haven't gotten to yet. I never have experienced a problem with low level friends teleporting and leaving me with more enemies. Even if they did, it wouldn't be too much to handle, and you can just turn your ports off if it gets annoying. Also, it's always fun to try fighting enemies that are challenging, which low level players can do in worlds such as Dragonspyre, so players really should still be allowed to teleport to worlds that they haven't gotten to yet. :)