Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
I would say that it would be a good thing to change the teleporting.
my first reason is that when you r doing a dungeon or a boss a low lvl like lvl 5 comes in and gets all the credit. second when they port it should say: you cannot port to this area because you have not completed your world yet. this would actually help a lot thx. :-o

keira dragon rider lvl 50
keira storm lvl 5
keira spirit hart lvl 26
elizabeth death thorn lvl 10

Survivor
Jun 14, 2010
Survivor
May 08, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi folks! It's that time again...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in the game get a peek-see at new sights, and even get an extra jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?
An astounding NO! Too many are getting into upper level worlds and causing problems. Anyone that is a Grand knows how hard some quests are and are more than willing to help others to get through those quests. I vote that the upper worlds be blocked. If the lower level player needs help, let the upper level player go to them to help. That is how my friends and I do it and they are catching up quick. I agree with most, it is so annoying when you are in a battle and some low level player keeps taking out your traps and feints with a wand flare and the most powerful spell they have is level 10. You accomplish the kill somehow and they get the drop (whether it is a pet or whatever).
Autumn Level 50 Life

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
i really think that low lvls like from lvls 20 or lower should not be allowed to teleport to higher lvl areas because it will only cause problems for the high lvl in that area. Low lvls can go to marleybone or kroktopia but not mooshu or dragonspyre because those areas are far to hard even for grandmasters. By having low lvls go to their high lvl friends in dragonspyre or mooshu, it'll only cause that person to lose. Life wizards, death wizards, and balance wizards should be allowed because they are more helpful since they are the ones that heal or have the traps and blades.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
Along with most, I think that wizards should not be able to port to areas they have not accessed. An exception may be to cap worlds to where you have to be a certain level to enter. like how to get to grizzle helm you have to be 20, but don't let people port, unless they are at that level.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
hey i have many diffrent characters in my account so i know all about this see thru-out the game my friends have always been a world ahead and they always needed my help
but if i couldnt teleport to them then i couldnt help and they would die

also think about how unlikely it is to have a level five friend port to you in dragonspyre
think about what kind of level 45 would still have level fifth friends

so dont take the fun out of going to the next world before you are ready
it gives you a chance to see a new place and see what youll be up against in the next world
it lets you know if you are ready

-Sincerely
Valdus Shadowmancer
Level:45 NecroMancer

Defender
Jul 21, 2009
Traveling to future worlds is fine except the extreams. For ex, you wouldn't want a novice wizard fighting malistair, they don't have the expirence or the power to do so. It's not only not fair but makes no sense, why would they be able to go to future worlds. You should be able to go to future worlds only if you are in that world or the previous world. For ex, you could only get into dragonspyre if you earned your way there or if you are in Mooshu.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Through the power of fire, nothing is beyond my reach.
Scot Thorn

Survivor
Oct 26, 2009
I personally think that it shouldnt be allowed, in better ideas i think that when somebody teleports it should ask they player for permission.

Ex. Oh look Ryan Thunderfist is online! I am gonna teleport to him. Clicks teleport. Ryan than gets a message saying, His friend wants to teleport to him and it says would you like your friend to teleport? And if he clicks yes the friend gets teleported. If he says no, His friend gets a window saying, This player did not give you permission to enter.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Well, when i was the lower level i know i didnt want to see all the worlds or the spells until i go them. My answer would probably no because it really does take the fun out of the game.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2010
Yes, i think wizards should be able to teleport into worlds they havent got to in the story line. I think this because some people have family members playing and maybe they want to quest with them in that world. It wouldnt be far if they couldnt.

Survivor
May 24, 2010
My son and I were just talking about this today. I was in Mooshu and a level 10 friend ported to me, then his level 10 friend ported to him! I suddenly had two more enemies to fight and not a lot of help.

I don't see any reason why locking worlds to only those with the correct spiral key is a problem. If you want to play with your family and friends, go back to their level. My son and I do this all the time to help each other finish quests and level up.

Another problem is farming. When you are looking to farm and lower level people are collecting, say the Lotus Flowers, just for when they get to that quest, it is not fun.

Maybe a solution would be you cannot do any quests in a world where you do not have a spiral key. So you can still help your friends, but will only get the normal fight xp, not the quest xp. That will sort out the helpful people from the ones who are try to just level. Just an idea.

Mary Iceheart Level 50 Necromancer

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
greco55 wrote:
if they jump in a fight and flee, the monster they brought into the fight should do so as well.
if they want to see the sites, fine but ghost them so they do not interfere with those that should be there. there are just as much places to level or gain exp on each world with out having to go to an upper level.
sorry, but i am guilty of taking low level players to an upper level. so i say ghost them so they don't get into fights or interfere in any other way.
:D

I think that's a perfect idea greco55!

Survivor
Feb 20, 2009
I agree with many of the responses to this question. While it isn't fair for low level wizards to port to a higher level friend's position in the game to gain XP as well as gold, if they can somehow block them from entering combat if they don't have access to that world yet, but still allow them to be able to look around, so they can see what they will soon be getting into, battle-wise. It is going to be a tricky problem to solve, but it needs to be fair. I've had a low level myth friend port to me in while in a battle in DS so just he can level up faster. That isn't right at all. The game was created so that everyone can have the ability to level up at a slower, more controlled pace.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2010
I think that people with a certan level should be able like 5 for krokotopia 15 for marleybone 25 for mooshoo and 35 for dragonspyre

ADAM DRAGONHUNTER

LEVEL 43 BLANCE

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
I'd rather have a game option that only allows group members to enter in combat or not. Even same level players can grief you or your party by bringing in ADDS to the fight when you are low on health.

I think this would make it much easier with no care as to who is looking around or not.

Survivor
May 12, 2010
well i think they should be the way its suppose to be like. people use like low level wizards to gain in dungeons and stuff like that. i mean people done that before trust me

Survivor
Feb 02, 2009
Well, if you have a subscription, then i think its fair that all subscription

members have a peek at new worlds. But are not allowed in the fighting

areas. Say, Moo Shu. If your in a battle, and a lvl 5 comes in, then that

brings more.. enemies fighting in your battle. lvls 1-20 and lvls 1-25 in some

worlds shouldn't have access to those areas. But, they should be allowed to

play minigames, buy pets, houses, clothing, etc. but not allowed in the

fighting areas. It would be fair that way.

Survivor
May 27, 2010
I think people of lower levels should be able to port into worlds they haven't gotten to through storyline quests. This is a game for family, and lower levels should be able to gain advancement to higher worlds. I feel this should be common sense though, as a lot of times, you aren't ready for an area you want to access. I have helped friends who asked me to help, in areas I hadn't earned yet. If the worlds were locked to those who haven't earned them, I think it will only take away from the game.

I have enough experience that if someone ports in and brings in an extra bad guy, it's no big deal. You just roll with it. They are only going to learn by doing, the same way the rest of us did. It's important to remember , we were all low level at some point. Someone, probably several, helped each of us. This game is about helping each other, and working in groups, not separating ourselves.

Also, if you want to solo a boss, you can always turn your port off. That is a choice you have rather than get upset because someone ported in.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2010
Ok here is what is would do. Since you think lower level wizards should not go to higher level worlds then how about this, They can still enter and do all the stuff they usually can do but you can not get anything from there untill you got the spiral key. When you spiral key get the you can get everything you got from there before you got the spiral key and it will be a win-win deal for everyone

Survivor
Jan 15, 2010
I absoulutly think you should. So please try and make it happen.

your friend,
Dylan Shadowhunter lvl 31 myth

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
I think that they shouldn't be allowed to venture into worlds they dont have access to. They just get them selves into trouble with side quests and then you have to go save them.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
um yah i think noobs should port to other worlds like they could explore.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
sorry low levels but HECK NO. i get along just fine in the spiral without porting to friends i have one grandmaster one level 42 one level 32 one level 18 and one level 6 NONE of them have been to worlds they havent unlocked. i never asked a friend to let me into that world if its not unlocked by me. my reason: i know i havent gained enough experience with my current school to go to a world where the monsters are 10x stronger then what i am used to. so my answer no way

Survivor
May 27, 2010
I understand why lower level wizards port to friends in stronger worlds however I think while sometimes they are helpful other times they can be a liability in some occasions when i have been fighting in tougher worlds such as mooshu and ds a low leveled friend has ported to me and i have spent more of the time saving them then killing the enemies and if you stop friends porting then no one can port to you. I think there should be a level lock on worlds:
Wizard City:all levels
Krokotopia:level 10+
Marylebone:level 20+
Mooshu:level 30+
Dragonspyre:40+

Thomas Lionfist level 50 Pyromancer
Thomas Dunespear level 36 Sorcerer