Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
Easy solution, same as porting off/om, but there is an extra setting to let or not let lower levels power and you could set the lvl you would have to be to port say you turn it to 25, a lvl 24 couldnt port. :D

Survivor
May 03, 2009
I am a lvl 45 balance wizard and have a lot of lower lvl friends. I think lower lvl wizards should be able to tp to friends in higher lvl worlds but should not be able to go into certain areas depending on their lvl.

thx for reading this,
Caitlin
Master of Balance
:)

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
Yes. When i first got a membership my friend gave me a tour. It was pretty amazing to see all the other worlds I would evantually adventure. I think we should be able to teleport to other worlds to preview them so we know what we will eventually be up against.

By the way I am Valerian DragonBlood lvl 45 fire wizard

Survivor
Jan 28, 2010
No, it should stay exactly the same as it is. Helps you level up faster, and people might even continue to buy a membership.

PLUS!!!: if you dont want someone to port, go to your spellbook, options, privacy, and BLOCK FRIENDS PORT! simpleness, and it works everytime :-)

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
Survivor
May 22, 2009
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they all should me and my little brother love this game and he is not a member :( and i want him to go to the krock world with me and grizzleheim and plz plz plz PLZ! LET ALL OF THEM! thank you :( just plz

Survivor
May 24, 2009
I agree that lower level wizards should ask before porting to another player. I believe that, if possible, we need to have it manditory that everyone ask to port first, and a button to allow or reject their porting. It would aid in teaching boundaries and a bit of manners.
Another way would be this: when you sign on, you have the option of allowing only certain players to port and not an all or nothing option.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
Perhaps.....we could let them in. BUT. They dont see Monsters. They only get to RUN AROUND. :D

Survivor
May 03, 2010
I think your right cause a lot of lvl 16 sub players act me 2 take them to dragonspyre
mimifulton wrote:
No I don't think wizards should be allowed to teleport to worlds they have not earned. That's part of the fun of the game, to earn advancement to a new world.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
well they should be allowed in other parts of worlds they have already unlocked but if they havent unlocked it they should be able to go to the commons area of the worlds and places with no monsters but it it does have monsters it should say "sorry your friend is busy"

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Well most of the time it doesnt bug me when a lower level teleports to me except when Im in a battle and either they leave me with the mess or they are so low leveled they cant help. But why dont you guys do something with the teleport system like if someone wants to teleport to you YOU have to choose if they can port to you or not. That way you arent bugged when busy. I would love this idea myself. :)

Thanks
remmckim

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
I think they should be able to go to different worlds if they dont have the key but let them only have like half the experience they gain there. Also I do hate it when a lower lvl wizard joins my battle brings more monsters in and than dont even attack just so they can get experience . Thats why I said they should only get half experience. Also i know a lot of people dwont like that they wont have to work to get the key so give them a choice i guess

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
NO WAY wizards shouldn't be able to teleport to other area they don't have acsess to go to. Cause they could go to an area thats to hard for them thats bad really bad so really if you wanna but its a bad idea SO NEVER DO IT its a bad idea

Survivor
Jun 16, 2010
No I do not think they should be able to port to friends any thing unless they have earned it.
I hate being in a fight and a lower level person pops in and is in a situation they can't handle and you are left with it.
Or when you are in the Commons and they beg you to take them somewhere and want to friend you so they can port.
A lot of them I know never finish there quests in the lower level because they want to earn things to sell for gold in higher areas so they don't get any thing from the game

Survivor
Apr 13, 2009
I think they shouldn't cause when i started wizard101 i got quest from all of the worlds and messed up my my wizard and i was still stuck in wizard city.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi folks! It's that time again...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in the game get a peek-see at new sights, and even get an extra jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?
I think your asking for it when you do that. I made a jump like that and found when I got to that place, I was on my own and got tagged. So, I say no!

Survivor
Mar 19, 2009
these people have paid to be members and should be able to travel the worlds as they see fit, it's their money not yours.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2010
I personally don't think lower level wizards should be able to go to areas they are not ready for because they have a much higher rate of dying, or joining someone elses battle and getting them killed. So i think they should just have reasonable level restrictions to all the areas.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
Well they should go there because they might be bored or need a quest there my name is samuel icedreamer and i am a lvl 49 pyromancer find me anywhere. 8)

Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
When I first started playing as a life character, I had friends who leveled faster than I did. when I was in KT, they were asking for help in keeping them alive when they were in mooshu. when I finally made it to mooshu, they had already reached GH and DS!

Now I leveled up slow because I was always busy helping others, and honestly I blame no one...I LIKE helping others! To me that's part of the fun in the game! Did I really care to be in a world I was not ready for...honestly, it did not matter 'cause I knew eventually I would get there. But, THAT'S where my friends were, and where they needed my help, so I went.

Also, when I had to get my last spell (Rebirth), I was no where near being able to access labyrinth on my own (side effect of helping so many: I was grandmaster before I completed a THIRD of the quests in DS), so I went in with a group of friends that needed to beat it as a quest. we BOTH got what we wanted! I got access, and HELP from friends, to kill the guy I needed, and my friends had me there to help with the quest in general.

I see a lot of people posting "no" because lower lvls are not ready for upper lvl worlds. How then do you explain me at lvl 30 not only keeping myself alive in DS, but the rest of my team? And HOW do you explain a lvl 20 myth, lvl 20 death, and lvl 30 fire joining me (at the time I was lvl 48 life) for battles in DS, and not only are they holding their own, they're kicking butt?!?

So YES I do think lower levels should be able to access upper level worlds! It promotes friends playing together, offers help to others from the least likeliest of places, and if they are paying for membership or crowns to unlock the worlds, they should get the full use of the money they are spending!

For those saying no, keep in mind that just because you feel like you're being robbed, or you forgot what it was like being a lower lvl player and needing help, there's no reason why you should want to dictate rules that would affect the rest of us that do not mind, and in some cases welcome the chance to be with friends and getting stuff done at the same time! If you want to be alone, you already have that option to stop people from porting to you, so quit whining when you don't want company, and a "FRIEND" decides to port to you. It's your fault for not activating the privacy option in the menu. For that matter it's your fault you have them on your friends list at all!!!

As a side note, I can't tell you how many times I will be hanging out with other friends who are grandmasters (or close) and we get comments from players we help like "wow you guys are so nice! Other grandmasters were so rude and just laughed at us" or "you upper lvl players always have a chip on your shoulder", or something similar. And we have to tell them that no, not all grandmasters are foolish rude self centered players, and there are lots of us willing to help if you need it and we have the time to help!

I hope you all at Kingsisle don't change that "setting" in the game!

- Rich

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
OK lets get something right i do agree with both but i would have to go with not to let very low leavles but alot of my friends need help in marlybone but if you dont lets us port there any more i cant help my friends :(

Survivor
Sep 19, 2009
Well being that Celestia will be coming out, I want to say no because I know low level wizards will be flooding the place. But I also think they should be able to see a little bit of the world like the "commons area" but that's it. If there was some way you can restrict them to the main area and give them maybe a half an hour time limit before they have to go or get ported out automatically, and from then on they cant go back until they have earned it.

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
Great to see this issue was brought up.

Well, in my opinion, it depends on the area. I think that they should be allowed in non-combat areas, but should NOT be allowed in places that have monsters what-so-ever. Especially a place with open boss fights. Look at plaza of conquest for example...

I have no problem with low level people unless they start to wand my feints away....

Thats just my opinion

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
Well feel like they should not be it is what makes the game fun. Plus if you do a quest before your time you will have to go back and do it anyway be cause it will not count. So I think it is but to wait than ruin all of the fun that is wizard 101.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
Here's my take on the situation, although there's been quite a few good ideas posted already which you may want to integrate with mine.

For the lower levels porting to a zone that they have not yet reached via the storyline, as it is now, is fine, BUT, do not allow them into any fighting rings UNLESS they are actually invited as part of a group, that way the higher wizards will not be bothered by adds they did not want and have to either kill them or flee. I have multiple accounts, and yes I do assist my lower levels from time to time by multiple boxing, so I for one would not like to see a total change and discrimination disallowing passage to any zone they choose to go implemented.

My two cents