Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
I vote YES. Like one person said....your grandmaster friend may not be on to help you. Before my life grand became a grand, I was asked to help with bosses/dungions by many of my friends when i was a world behind them. Same with my balance.

And if I have a newbie character, i enjoy farming a world or two above my level so I can buy gear. I like picking up chests in MB behind the people farming scrap iron, or in MS behind pearl farmers.

i also absolutely HATE it when I get a quest for a new spell and there's a battle in a place that I'm not quite to yet. When I get to the lvl, I've EARNED the right to get that spell and need a little help getting to the battle.

WE have the choice to accept low lvl characters as friends and turn port on/off.

Now....NEVER get mad when you're in a world that's above you and no one wants to step in save you in a battle......maybe just publish some etiquette? From what I see, it's usually kids with only menu chat. You can't exactly explain it to them.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
I think they should be able to. It helps when your starting a new character and to have a friend with you to do quest in ds to help level up faster.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2009
I Think That Wizard101 Should Unlock All Worlds But Not Till Lvl 27 And Higher. Its What I Think At Least. .
this iz me sayin unlock all worlds!

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
I would like to see the worlds restricted to those have earned access.

I hate turning down making a friend of some sweet lower level wizard just because I don't want them porting to me because I am a world or two or more ahead of them. I like all levels of wizards and I have had to self limit my in game friendships only to those that I legitimately find in whatever world that I am in. I hate putting on the port access block feature, because if I do, most times, I end up really wishing that I could ask one of my friends to come to me and then I can't.

With the world lock in place, I can friend whoever I want and I can not have to block others from porting to me because anyone that can port to me will be of a level where they should be able to hold their own. I am not trying to be heartless in asking for this, I am trying to make my game play less stressful and a bit more fun and friendly.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2010
I dont think that they should be able to.I think they should just beat the game by them selves. Thats not fare I mean I dont want a guy level 6 in dragon spyre wasting my traps for firecat! well unless its celestia I really want to go there. But still I just think that they should beat the game by them selves.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009

Falmea, I think they should be able to so they could lvl up a little here and there in different worlds, it made the whole game easier for my grandmaster fire and my lvl 45. So when they lvl up they get better equipment from that world for the future, and it lets them see what its going to be like when they get to that world. Its my opinion.

Survivor
May 05, 2009
I have gone through this exact problem with another game. The lil ones are there to play, glitch and annoy. They would jump into battles they did not have the experience to fight. I had to wait to get to each realm. No big deal. It was something to look forward to. There is nothing more annoying then being in battle and having someone who does not know what they are doing coming in and making the battle longer and frustrating when it does not need to be. The idea of going from realm to realm is to learn and grow your experience. If you want to glitch and harass players, I have the perfect game for you. Toontown. It's filled with lots of kids and lots of places to glitch. Just stay in your realm and learn and leave the rest of us to enjoy this game as it was meant to be played. With friends or alone. Respect my right to play without you coming in and using my feint with your wand. Good grief.......

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
I think everything is fine if you made it into ds that means you have what it take to fight multiple monsters at one time it would just be a little harder.
Let lower levels still teleport to us. Because a lot of people i know are level 35 and still in marleybone and that person doesnt like to do quest she likes to just jump around and help people in other worlds and sometimes lower levels can be of good help so i say.. everything is fine how is is.

:D :D :D :D :D

Survivor
Jan 21, 2010
If technically possible, a solution may be to allow porting except in certain realms that the player may chose to go to. For example the Pixie realm (and as many other realms as demand may dictate) would not allow porting into areas that the player does not have the spiral key to. I agree it can be annoying sometimes to have a fellow wizard blow a trap or feint but even grands have been guilty of it if you have played long enough . Because it is a family and friend oriented place, I would lean towards not changing the port possibilities unless a solution similar to the one I am proposing can be adopted.

Garrett Goldfriend

Survivor
Sep 07, 2010
No, I do not think they should be allowed to go to worlds they have not earned access to. It is disruptive to higher players and demoralizing to the young wizard. Also so they tend to pick up quest they can not complete. A suggestion wto give the young wizard a peek at other worlds whould be more quest like the Grizzlehyme one. A peek but no further without attaining the proper level.

Survivor
May 09, 2009
i think they should be able to, because it will help wizards have an adventure through out the spiral. :)

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
Yes; I believe lower level wizards should be able to port to their friends to help in areas they have not gained access to yet. Not only does it give them a "taste" of what to expect when they get there, it also keeps them motivated to keep playing to attain their goals. Many times when I have needed help in ds; my higher level friends do not answer or say they can't even though i help everyone. It has been my lower level friends who have come to my rescue and have saved the day by allowing me to port back to them during multi level battles with the health and mana i need to continue. Personally what bothers me more are the menu chat only people who port into higher levels to their friends. I find it very frustrating trying to find the right phrase to communicate with them. Some are very good, others are inexperienced and have broken my traps and prisms needed to fight repeatedly with minor, wizard city beginning spells over and over again. There are currently no phrases to tell them not to break traps, prisms, to save their pips, not to "spill the milk" and so forth. Wish you could come up with more useful phrases to communicate players needs with menu chat only players. :)
dbs1343
level 50 grandmaster
level 48 master
level 22

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
blizzard71 wrote:
My port is ALWAYS off when I'm soloing, and otherwise anyone can help me do whatever. I actually use the fact that they can port to me to my advantage, as I ask lower level subscribers to help with my quests a lot. You don't always have a grand friend on, y'know.

-Saffron Mistbringer, Level 48 Necromancer
even when you do have a grand friend on they may not want to help you.

(noah lvl 45 ice)

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
NO NO NO.. giving people things not earned is never a good thing. Look at Lohan and Paris for example. :) the same thing for all aspects of life and even games. They want to battle in higher levels make them earn it like we did.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
ok i personaly like going to higher level areas when i have my membership i think that letting like level 12 people go to higher areas :D

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
NannerFL wrote:
No way! The word here is EARNED! Too many things are handed just for being alive. Many have read whining about not being able to do things because you don't have a paid membership or whatever. EARN some money and pay for it. Those of us who have earned the right to be somewhere don't really want it cluttered up with people who have no right to be there/are just checking it out anyway. Have some respect for those of us who deserve to be there. JMHO.

I totally AGREE with this post!!!!!

Survivor
Sep 02, 2010
No I don't think letting them in to areas they haven't earned is a good idea, although I did that also but only because someone asked me to help there. I helped them to defeat them but realized I was way out of my league. I really love helping others and will part to them in a instance but would much prefer to not be able to go to the higher levels I haven't been to yet because it would be easier for me to tell them sorry my friend I am not allowed there yet.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
i think they should just put the worlds at the door because some people might be a lvl 38 storm and need to get to mooshu for there triton quest but didnt finish marleybone

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Sure - let them port in, but don't let them engage in any fights. I don't know how may times my Grandmaster has been in a fight, a little 12 level decides to "help me," which of course increases the threat, then figures the odds are against us - so ports out leaving me stuck with a fight I am likely to lose. I realize a lot of them pay for the chance to play - but so do I, and I earned the right to be in Dragonspyre and will hopefully have the right to Celestia. You lose a lot if you don't follow the story line.

Defender
Apr 27, 2009
I think other wizards should NOT be able to teleport to other worlds. It ruins the storyline which is meant to be followed in order and can prove a major inconvenience for the wizards that actually belong there. They will get there in their own good time. But until then, they may focus on the worlds they are in and willfully proceed to the ones they have already won. So to summarize, wizards should NOT be able to teleport to other worlds if they haven't reached it

Survivor
Jun 03, 2010
i think low lvls should be able to teleport to you in kt but not mb ms or ds

Survivor
Feb 12, 2010
i think that wizards should be able to because it gives them a chance to figure out what is lying ahead in the future, and if their friend needs help in a place you cant go and you are their only friend online that wouldn't be fair to the people who need help. and it is also fun to just go wander around the place. : 8) ;)

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
well i think yes and no, for example the new celestia world coming out soon there are three new schools and i think it would not be fair if all players didn't have access to them. so i think that some areas should be avalible to all players while some should not be.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
no i dont think you should add a lock on the old worlds because most people depend on them now. (however i do addvise you to make it to where it comes up with a screen when they try to port like when someones trying to hatch both parties have to say yes) the whole newbes porting to me thing ive never had a problem with at all i can handle myself and others if needed be. there my friends and i'm not going to boot them due to there lvl. 8) something like thats not my style. :? i also help people on my other wiz's when asked unless i'm helping someone else i reached grand on my first character early back when i was still in ms because of how much i helped others rather then myself so i dont really agree with the locks at all
i also wanted to know something from KI thats been bugging me for a while now. on my ice and my life wiz's i got to 50 early but still did the quests does the xp roll over when the new worlds come in? cause my like was grand at the beginning of ds and my ice was grand in ms

Survivor
Jan 28, 2010
Personally, I like it exactly how it was/is. Imagine if you changed it, and lower level wizards came on with only a month sub., and they only got to go to wc/wizard city. They wouldnt know what any of the other membership worlds were like, and their membership time would be ticking away. I personally loved being a level 15 wizard, and going to mushu with a friend and leveling up 3 levels within the whole day. Also, if you were to change it, people wouldnt want to be subscribed as much as when they would if they had access to all worlds. It would take time and $$$ to make, and you might have to close the site for a few hours a day again, and THAT sure wasnt fun. PLEASE dont change it, or I know one thing, alot of people are gonna quit.......

Cassandra Lightspear Level 50 Fire (member)
Olivia Daydreamer Level 10 Death (member)
Cassandra Lightspear Level 5 Fire
Cassandra Dreamshade Level 3 (I think) Life
Miranda (cant rememeber a last name) Level 1 Balance (member)