Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 10, 2010
Not so sure about that... But i think all wizards should be able to go into other worlds if they don't have the spiral key but they have broken the level barrier for it such as lvl 12 you can go to krokotopia 24 grizzlyheim 32 marlybone 40 mooshu 50 dragonspyre but they won't be allowed to do side quests( apart from spell quests ) and only gain 50 precent of everything for ex. i gained two poinards of gallantry 500 exp. 1000 gold. and for the level players it would be one poinards of gallantry 250 exp. and 500 gold in case of craftable things and there is only one then break it into ingredients and give half the ingerdients. for non craftable items they are not useable until anothe half comes by.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
Honestly there are an even amount of pros and cons applying to this subject. For example, lower levels could use the bonus quests in places like Dragonspyre for a little extra help on their own quests for later. Thing is, this may be missused and will allow them to go through half the game with no sweat. My point of view as a grandmaser would be to put SOME limitation so my lower level friends would quit begging me NONSTOP about help with some place they shouldnt be in . Another problem about limiting this problem however, might affect the amount of lower levels who pay to play, considering they couldnt have free access to everywhere anymore.

Survivor
Jan 25, 2010
I think lower lvl wizards should go to higher lvl areas, but only to help the higher lvl wizards in need of help. If the lower lvl wizards keep teleporting to there friends who are in the higher lvl areas for no reason, then they are jumping to places that they never earned. They should go to these places, but only to help there friends and thats it!

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
I'm ok with low levels running around DragonSpyre BUT the moment when the first gradmasters get to go to Celestia, there will be more low levels than gradmasters and that isn't fair for the grandmasters who WORKED their butts off to get to this world. My suggestion is to level restrict only Celestia. Any other world is ok the way it is.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
Really!!?? My life wiz is in Dragonspyer right now! (Almost in Celestia!!!)
That reminds me: My life wiz was trying to get to Howling Cave but
i got pulled into a battle on my way there. ( Could have marked my location.)
And my lvl 10 friend teleported to me and got defeated a bunch of times
but i had to wast ALL my healing spells :x. ( Sprite, Regenerate, Saytar,
Unicorn, ect. ) Also i think they shouldn't make lower level friends
teleport to higher lvl friends. It should be a suprise so when they get
there, it will be :-o once they get there insted of .

EMILY
LVL 45
LIFE

KATHERINE
LVL 16 i think
BALANCE

Survivor
Nov 17, 2008
Its 2010 already and I don't think it would be fair to the people that are and have been paying in the game to just change it now.

It would be nice but from my point I find it to late to change it. Everything is fine just the way it is for now.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
I have to say, that when the tower to Celestia was introduced, I was very excited. I thought it was the first real test in the game that really challenged a wizard to earn their place in that new world. I also thought it would be prestigious to know, that while in Celestia, you were surrounded by only the best in the game. I was disappointed when KI removed that tower as a requirement to enter Celestia, because they had so many complaints about it being to difficult. I thought this really "dumbed" down the game.

I am a mother with three young kids, and we almost always play together. I, to, am bothered by people porting uninvited. I need to leave my ports open for my kids and me to port to each other on a moments notice. We all have seperate accounts and many wizards at different levels. If KI were to lock the current worlds, it would COMPLETLY change the game for families. I hear people all the time complain in the game "I am bored". This game is not just about the quests. It is about friends, families and relationships. If I can only go to mooshu alone and not have conversation with friends while I am there, then it the game becomes pointless. Then I to would say "I am bored" and quickly cause me to lose interest in the game.

On the other hand, I have 5 grandmasters myself, and like the idea of an exclusive environment. So, here is what I propose.

The previous suggestions of having an option to allow a teleport or not allow a teleport are great ideas. Also the idea of exclusive "Level _ only" realms is a good one. So except for these few changes, I think KI should leave the game as it is for all worlds through Dragonspyre. For Celestia, I believe that in order to gain access to that world you must complete the tower. It is such a difficult tower that even if you do it with expert players, you can not ride on their coat tails to finish it. That would show your worth and then you could have access to that new world regardless of your level.

Believe me, I get the annoyance factor. If I am in DS and some level 13 walks up and asks me to help them, I simply tell them that they should not be here yet, and I move on. And regarding fights, really, how bad is it if another bad guy comes into your fight? If you are worth your salt, then you can handle it. And often, I am glad they jump in if I need 8 draconians or whatever. And to be honest, some of my best friends in the game came from this type of scenerio.

I have read the entire thread and identify with everything stated. But as you progress in the game, your perspective will often change. Great topic. Thanks KI.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
NOPEE
1: You got good traps (including feint and hex) and they use some rank 2 move and waste them

2: They are always begging for help when thye can't handle a foe... I for one have 3 grandmasters so i know my way around the game and i can handle myself in a fight in marleybone or krokotopia (plus i have a valor and my noob is lvl 9... SCORE!!! 8) )

BUT!!!!!

I have a theory: Depending on what lvl the noobs ar they should be abl to go to a new world

10: Early access to Krokotopia

25-29: Early access to Marleybone

30- 37: Early access to (CHINA!!! ) MOOSHU

And levels higher than that should have early access to Dragonspyre

P.S

My info for the early access levels are WAAAAY off so plz forgive

Survivor
Apr 06, 2010
No wizards not ready for a realm should not be able to teleport. Not only do they become annoying and a problem for those who are able to do a quest in a higher realm they get discouraged when not able to preform to the standard of the realm.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
I like the way things are right now, I do not mind if lower levels port and bring in more monsters. But, I think there should be a button that says if someone can join or not. That would be very helpful :D

Survivor
Mar 24, 2010
(No) This is a Simply Question.Have You ever been in a Battle and A Young Wizard that has not earn the Right to be There Ports In? And You have to carry the Weight of That Wizard.This has Happen to Me many Times.And sometimes I end up Losing the Battle Because of It.Not Kewl at All

Survivor
Feb 23, 2010
well i think the wizards should be able to go any world they want but there should be like a messages that ask you if you want them to join or not that way you can let them in of you want or if you dont just click on no and they wouldnt be able to get in the way we arent taking there right to go any were but we are protecting our selfs from getting in trouble if they port when we in ds or something like that who is with this?

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its better to because people that are novice would think that the could and when the would try to and it wont work and then he/her wont want to play any more

Survivor
Mar 03, 2010
If they've paid money then yes..I think a way to resolve this problem is whoever first joins a battle if someone else trys to join they have a little thing that pops that says "can so&so join this battle along you" then it has the option of yes or no.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
My opinion is No, they should not be allowed to port to say, Dragonspyre if they are a low level. I had to do things the hard way to level my Wizards up to the levels they are now by starting in Wizard City and moving up from there. I see no reason why others of low levels should not have to do the same.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
I think people who are lower should NOT be allowed to enter higher level worlds. Because I would hate to be in Celestia and a level 7 join and do nothing, when a level 50 could join and save us. :D

Survivor
Jan 24, 2010
Survivor
Sep 30, 2009
I have been playing this game for a year now. I'm not a subscriber, paid for each level, each world, and have made some great friend, both adult and children.
No, I don't think , that just cause they are a subscriber, should they have access to the other parts of the spiral, without earning it first. It is more fun and enjoyable to start at the beginning and go up, learn each area and meet new people along the way.
I have multiple characters, done every school except one, and have enjoyed it. And I will continue.
But I also , don't think its right that only subscriber have first chance at the new area's either, just cause they paid subscription. I've paid out quite a bit , out of pocket to play this game.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
NO they should not have access to areas they have yet to unlock on their own for all the reasons everyone has stated in the above posts!

Survivor
Oct 24, 2009

I think that allowing lower level players to port to higher worlds is good for them to see new areas but they should not be allowed to pick up side quests in that world. I like to help other players with their quests but having to fight their battles AND protect/heal the low level players too is very difficult. It makes my game unpleasant.

Also some of the players I helped to level up by taking them to high level dungeons complain that their lower level fights are boring. Who wants to be a level 35 wizard in Krok? Not too many, from the complaints I've heard.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
if they are paying players the deserve to be allowed to go where ever they want even if they aren't ready

lvl 50 grandmaster myth
lvl 50 grandmaster balance
lvl 21 journeyman storm

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi folks! It's that time again...

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in the game get a peek-see at new sights, and even get an extra jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?

Please dont change it Its my main way to lvl up and get stronger But I am serious. I really like it and need it! How else can I help my friends? And how can they help me? I have been playing for a while but I need a lot of help , and I need it often. Like just recently I asked people who might not have access to Sunken City for help. What would I do if you to it away? But that you have kept it so far is a big

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
I think absolutely not. First of all, the people who actually do have access to those places actually worked to get there and its not fair for people to just poof in if they havent reached that area. Also, countless times I have been interrupted in battle by young wizards who make it difficult to fight higher level battles. Finally, it almost seems like a cheat to me, because higher level wizards can take young wizards through high level dungeons, and they can level faster which is basically just speed leveling which strikes me as a bit of a cheat. I think that wizards who have not progressed far enough into the game should not be allowed into areas they have not achieved access to on their own.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
Rogtim wrote:
I think they should be allowed to, but if they don't have a key to that world, they get VERY minimal (maybe 1%) experience points for anything they do. For example, for a quest that would normally give 2800 experience points, they would get 28. This would probably deter them from going there to 'power level', which in my opinion takes a lot of the fun out of the game.

Rogan Firehammer

I agree. 8) :D

Survivor
Jan 13, 2010
I think wizards could peek at their next scheduled world, but having level 12's in Dragonspyre is too much.