Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
Survivor
Jun 19, 2010
YES they should be able to! Lots of people WILL STOP PAYING AND PLAYING if you take away that feature!

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
I think all wizards who pay to play should be able to port into any area they want to go to no matter what the level they are because we have the option to turn port off so no one can come to us if we don't permit them. If a wizard doesn't have a paid membership or purchased areas with crowns they can't port anyway and there have been a few times when I was in a fight and a lower level wizard was all I could get to help me and I really needed help and they were a really BIG help to me.

There should be a way to keep them from fleeing if they join a fight and bring more enemies into the fight so that we won't have to fight them all alone or if they flee the enemy should also disappear if you don't want to fight it lol maybe an option to make it leave by clicking on something. Besides, it's not fair to them if they pay the same as us not to have access to the spiral if they want to go buy pets and things avaliable in the other areas or do crafting quests there and gather reagents for them.

All in all I feel it would be a mistake to take the ability to port to higher areas away from the little wizards cause we were all little when we began and I have been going to higher levels to spend time with friends who wanted me there and asked me to come to them since I was level 5 :) and it was awesome fun for us all. So lets keep the game fun for everyone even the little guys and gals!

And I do stress the fact we have the option to keep them from porting now if we don't wish them there. I should know a little about the game cause I have been playing for 2 years now and have Grandmasters in all schools too and lots of wizards have told me how much help I was to them helping them learn how to play and how can they learn better than from us veterans of Wizard101 so come on troups lets see the ending together and help one another through it all!

Delaney RoseDreamer, Grandmaster Theurgist

Survivor
Mar 06, 2010
I think it's a bit unfair. Example, most of us had to do the warehouse like 5 times to get the Spiral key to Celestia, and then a level 20 just teleports there? Seems unfair...

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
no if a wizard1s in a place a lower lvl wizard hasebt gotten to yet they should not be allowed to port nuff said.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
ChuChu2020 wrote:
YES I NEED TO HELP MY NOOBS TO LEVEL I: PLEASE PLEASE DONT CHANGE THAT
Valerian Skullcrafter [50] death
Sydney Lionflame [45] fire
Blaze Darksword [50] death
Jason Firebringer [50] ice
Brooke Deathmancer [45] death
Patrick Starpants [28] balance
Alexander Jadedust [33] storm

these players on 2 different accounts played by my brother and me, we both think that WE NEED THE PORTING Thats why we have made so many players. please

in response to the above comment: just remember, higher level players can always port back to help their lower level friends. That, IMHO, is the way it should be.

Survivor
Dec 01, 2008
I think they should be able to port to the main area, but not the quest area. Seeing other places like Mooshu gives them incentive to progress through the levels, but i dont think they should be able to battle or do any quests.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2010
There is an appeal to this game that extends beyond children. I and my 3 grown sons play but with work and other schedule conflicts, we aren't always able to be on when the others are. We help each other in other worlds and my one son hasn't had the game as long as us but is a sometimes necessary fighter in a boss battle. If a player is in a group, they should be allowed to go with their group to ANY destination regardless of rank. On the other hand, I do not like "friends" being able to port to me without being in a group with me. They have messed up a lot of battles for me by porting to me. There should at least be an option of preventing a friend porting to you randomly.

Survivor
May 10, 2010
This is a good question. I have a friend who is way more advanced than I am, and we like to battle in Mooshu together even though I'm not there yet. BUT it is true that people teleporting to me when I don't need extra monsters on hand can get annoying.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
I think it should be left alone. It is fine the way it is and yea i have many grands but my neices and nephews are low level and hardly play so what a treat for them if they can tag along with auntie for the little amount of the time they have. I would like KI to give more info about hatching that is a better friday feedback question. There is nothing consistant about hatching. I have hatched with a satyr 3 times to try and get the spritely talent to no avail... WHAT A RIP OFF. There should be guidelines and more information regarding hatching pose that question and wizards will take your server off line to comment probably.

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
I think wizard should port but not do any of the quests that are in the world . Kevin DeathFlame Lv 39

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
i also don't think lower ranking toons should be allowed to go to worlds there not ready for... but if your a high enough level already an need help in an area of a certain world you've already gained access to then you should be able to get into that area by porting. for example: with my Life GM when she was working on her level 48 school quest she was at the time unable to get into a certain part in Ds to continue the quest. i think in those cases since she was already at the point in the storyline where she was in Ds then you should be allowed to port to friends in other areas of that world in question, but only if you have reached that world through the story line.

Survivor
May 10, 2010
NannerFL wrote:
No way! The word here is EARNED! Too many things are handed just for being alive. Many have read whining about not being able to do things because you don't have a paid membership or whatever. EARN some money and pay for it. Those of us who have earned the right to be somewhere don't really want it cluttered up with people who have no right to be there/are just checking it out anyway. Have some respect for those of us who deserve to be there. JMHO.
Well, you don't have to be so rude about it!!!!

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
I don't think lower levels should be able to go to higher levels until they have earned there way there, especially levels lower than 40. I also think its unfair that grandmasters can't trade cards like the helephant cards. I can't craft items if I can't get them. I think when your a grandmaster you should be able to trade those cards so we can craft. I am a master artisan to and can't make some things until someone is able to get me cards I need.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
No, and here is why:
I've been playing a while and have leveled wizards every way possible: Quick leveling by having higher wiz take me to places I can't go to; Doing all main and side quests;, and doing only main quests.

All have their drawbacks: Quick leveling, never learned how to use lower level spells; Doing All, leveled too quickly so that I gained no XP for quests; and, Only Main, left me without health and spells to survive (most of time, Storm wiz).

Of the 3 consequences, not learning how to use lower level spells was the worst. It made me a weaker wizard because I thought the lower level spells were a waste. So...

I think that all wizards should have to do main quests and earn their way to next world according to storyline. No shortcuts. It makes for a better, more skilled wizard.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2010
I think it should be possible for other players to go to different worlds even if your a lower level. I have like 5 different quests in
Marlybone and I cant go their unless I wait for one of my friends to go their and they are mostly in Mooshu or in dragon spyer. So yes we should be able to go to those other worlds no matter what level. I even got to Marlybone before and I ended up dyeing.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2009
I agree with Melissa423771 on one point: If wizard is only one world below the wizard friend he/she wants to port to - they should be allowed. Any other wizard friends should not be allowed in the higher world at all.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
i think wizards should be able to teleport to places they havent earned, otherwise it wont be fair for the younger wizards. Things should stay the same when it comes to that, and a huge number of people would protest if it were changed. :(

Survivor
Oct 25, 2008
nah, well im only 41 but i say they shouldnt cause maybe their Higher level friends get mad.For example: Say there is a level 10 and he has a level 50 friend, his friend is death so he puts a Tower trap and the level 10 uses it before his friend and his friend gets mad because the level 10 used his tower trap. And thats a very good reason why lower levels shouldnt be allowed to higher level areas like Mooshu or Dragonspyre cause thats too hard and over their heads. So their you have it 8)

Survivor
Nov 14, 2009
Personally I think it should be Ok. It should be up to the player how they want to level up. If were paying for subscription, then that should be allowed. I just don't see anything wrong with it.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
I say no people shouldn't be able to teleport to worlds they haven't unlocked. It takes away the fun of finding a new world.javascript:emoticon('');

Survivor
Apr 07, 2009
I say no becuase sometimes your lower level friends teleport to you and they're not helpful. Like say for instance your in mooshu or dragonspyre in a battle or battle area. If your in a battle area and they accidently get in a fight and can't fight the enemies that takes time away from you to do YOUR quests and having to help them. It's annoying to me because my lower level friends are always like I wanna level up! I wanna level! I wanna be like you! It gets annoying. I keep telling them there's no easy way out if you do your quests and stop teleporting to people in the higher worlds maybe you can level up and go there yourself. Instead of asking people to take you to the higher worlds. It really gets irratating. I think they shouldn't allow lower levels teleport to the higher worlds. BUT if the higher level people need help with something, then they can port. As soon as the help is done there should be a timer that if they don't leave in a predetermined amount of time they get teleported back to where they came from.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
Ugh we need to ban porting i mean like i was in plaza of conquests and litterally everyone was a noob and another time i askked one to leave Nicely and he starts swearing and reported me!

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
well i rely get this cause you can teleport to places you don't have accuses to only if you have member ship but if its in the other case like if you dont have member ship i would say yes and no yeas cause it would be cool to lvl up faster for lvl 10 and lower and also no cause grand masters like me would need to be helping everybody with other worlds mission so that's why i said yes and no :)