Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2009
I like the way it currently is as one other player said sometimes I am not on my higher level wizard and a friend needs help now. I find very few lower levels jump into my higher realm fights by themselves, and I have been play over a year and a half, and have only had 2 lower levels jump in uninvited because they were left behind that is a very low percentage. I do not feel the problem is that bad. You always have the option of changing to a realm with few people in it. I am for leaving it like it is.
Fallon and Haley

Survivor
May 04, 2009

Wizards should be avle to teleport to other friends in higher lvl worlds. Then they can expirance what it is like there.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Survivor
Jul 16, 2009
No I don't think low level wizards should be in a higher rank world. Most of them port without asking for 1 and 2 some of them port then flee. You might be haflway dead, monster 1 hit from dying and they pull in a full health monster. Low level people shouldnt port to high level worlds, high level people have EARNED the right to be there not them.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2009
I think they should and they shouldn't.
i think they should but not allow them to get into any battles, get quests,buy/sell, until they unlocked the world.
that way they get to see what it looks like and hang out with higher level people but can't get their ass handed to them.
I think this may be a good solution.
both sides get what they want.
from what i am seeing is that lower lvls just want to go to the worlds and higher lvls don't want them in their way.
i do have to agree with higher lvls though lower lvls don't belong some place they can't defend themselves i think they should just ask help to lvl up not be a nonidentical worry.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
As a mother with 6 children ages 4-14 that play, I have to veto the non-porting thing. I don't have a problem with lower levels porting to get sneak peeks at new areas. I don't have a problem with them porting to help in a fight. We can always turn on and off the ports through the privacy screen. The problem is that lower levels are able to pick up the quests in those areas and level illegitimately by completing those quests. And to complete the quest they have to tag a higher level person to do it, thus increasing the quantity of monsters one has to fight in a quest. It's one thing if they can handle one of them on their own, quite another when you're shielding and healing the lower level at the expense of your own health. If KI changes the game to disallow lower levels to port, this will definitely change the way our family plays this game, possibly even to the point where we quit playing.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
I think they should be allowed to teleport to you when you're in a world your friend hasn't unlocked let. But they are not allowed to flee the battle.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
no, you shouldnt block people from porting to higher levels. you put stuff on the game that gives a sneak peek to celestia and everyone gets excited an dthinks how cool it would be if they got a membership so that they could go and see cool new worlds like these. SO you get more people to buy memberships. Which is what you want right? More money. But then when they get their memberships and they cant port to celestia or dragonspyre with their friends they feel ripped off. Not everyone has unlimited time to do quests and stuff to level up so I suggest that you think about the greater good of the players and your income and allow the lower levels to port. Not to mention the fact that several more upper levels such as Magus and masters are excited for the opening of the new worlds as well so you'd be blocking more long term players from going to something that theyve been aticipating all summer.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
No. I do not think that a low level player should be able to gain access to an area that he has not earned. I have played alot of different RPGs in my time and it is always the same in any RPG. Some new player wants to be Power leveled by going to an area that they are in no way ready for. Not too mention that if some low level player just jumps into a fight with some Rank 8 or 9 Elites, The ones already there have to worry about keeping that player alive as well as worry about fighting the Monsters.

A suggestion to deter porting in Low level players to a High Level Area would be that if they try to teleport in, they get a message saying that they cannot access that area yet as it hasn't been unlocked or That area is currently closed to them. Players should only be able access the different worlds that have been unlocked for them due to them finishing certain quests.

Now the above statements are my Opinion. They can do what they want, but I like to say to them that if you come in here and you are a low level player trying to fight in a High Level area then you are ON YOUR OWN. Don't expect me to heal you or support you. You go to a high level area, You had better be able to survive on your own.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
FINALLY, you ask the question! I personally dont go where i cant, and i dont think i should be ALLOWED to! Just because i pay monthly memberships doesnt mean TOTAL ACCESS. I think you messed up making the tower in marleybone and castle in colossus NOT REQUIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So there's MY OPINION!

Survivor
Nov 15, 2008
It does get annoying when lower level wizards teleport to me when I am in a battle without asking. I think there should be a notice that come up on the game and says ''BLANK would like to telepport to you'' and you could say yes or no. But in a battle the notice could be on the right or left hand side of the screen. If you took to long to answer thr notice it would be an adomatic no. Ok guys have fun plaing wizard101 :D Shelby: Level 33

Survivor
May 03, 2009
Yes i do. I know that many Higher level wizards dont like lower level wizards porting to them when they are in a though fight, but believe me, I dont. I think it is fine for them to port to places they have not reached yet. It levels them up faster, and its just fun for them.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
The answer is NO. For a number of reason. First is they have not earned the right to be there. Second I find it very upseting to have a young wizard wand my traps and feint off in combat in say DS.
I also feel they mess up their quests and get bogged down or lost after collecting side quest from worlds they do not have access to. Our daughter's wizards are like that now. And trying to figure where what wizard of her's is at is next to impossiable. Very fustrating even for adults to try and figure it out. And both her mom and myself have six grand masters each!
As many have said its about earning the right to be there.
That includes knowing about clothing items for the best stats.
Knowing how your deck should be set up for who you are battling.
aka dont use a fire cat spell when a fire grand master just traped and feinted his or her intended target UGH!
O even better change the bubble from say fire to myth and then dont use myth spells to attack in said battle.
Wizards 101 to my wife and I was about learning the game. You cannot learn the game from jumping all around the spiral.
We teamed up and ran quest after quest and earned our way from one world to the next.
SO I SAY NO to being able to visit worlds you have not eanred yet.
I say YES to asking a grand master to help you with a quest you are currently stuck on so you may advance your wizard to the next world!
That means you are stuck, dont abuse helpful grand masters with helping you do all your quests to get to the next world.
Also form teams or a group with the same quests and set times up to quest together. Nothing wrong with be a quest hunter! :)

Survivor
Sep 21, 2009
i think people should be able to come to higher lvl worlds because say your fighting and your gonna die and no one is there to help you and they cant come cause they are not allowed you die you cant finish your quest and you never get to grand and that may happen a to a lot of people in the wiz world or you could say that your trapped and you cant port to anyone because say there in ds they cant port to you and you cant port to them so your stuck there for hours or even days or even weeks and i disagree to the terms of having to have subs to enter the world let them enter it onece and then you can block it at least let them get a sneek peak

kristen silver whisper
mimi189 on twitter and YES let the people rome.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
:
mimifulton wrote:
No I don't think wizards should be allowed to teleport to worlds they have not earned. That's part of the fun of the game, to earn advancement to a new world.

Me too once my friend help in Moo shu i have not been (only level 30) I died because of a powerful monster GRRRRRRRRR :( :( :

Survivor
Jun 16, 2010
Preacher7719 wrote:
No.
i hate the new idea of no wizards cant go to a world because you can be with your friends. plz dont :(

Survivor
Sep 18, 2009
Nah i think wizards should not teleport to any worlds because it will spoil the game

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
Oh, here's another part i forgot to add. Why do we have to get to lvl 48 to get spell type pet? Answer PART of game.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
I have for Grands and know the problem that can be caused by having WC level players port into a fight. However, i strongly feel that ALL players SHOULD be able to port to any place where they have a friend.

KI, I think it is your interest to allow open porting to all worlds. Seeing the worlds that are coming can motivate wizards to strive to get to those worlds. Had I not previously visited MS and DS, I probably would have quit the game, when I was stuck in MB!

Also, I sometimes port to Grand friends on my two younger characters. It's a fun challenge, and it seems to sometimes benefit farming. My teen level Ice actually got my Life's Grand hat!

Plus, MANY school quests require players to go to areas to which they do not have access, at the time when the quest is given.

Finally, if players do not want people porting to them, then they can turn off their ports!

Please leave it as it.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
Pyrsik wrote:
I vote a resounding no. Though I personally have no qualms with those wanting to help their friends via porting, the problem arises from those who abuse the ability and cause problems for others. Some type of restriction needs to be imposed. You don't even have to take away the porting;many viable solutions have been suggested. Since you seem unaware of the numerous threads on this issue, I will list several possible solutions to the problem:

1) Increase threat- Several mmorpg's address this issue by increasing threat to lower levels. The bigger the difference in level,the more the mobs will redirect their ire toward the lower levels who enter combat. With the thought of impending doom,most lower levels would think twice before joining combat.
2) No exp/drops- take away the exp/drops gained from these areas,most people who don't belong there would probably not go there as much.
3)Non-combat- Simply take away the ability to enter combat for anyone who does not have proper access to an area via quest progression/spiral keys.

There are many possible solutions. Something needs to be done.Ignoring a problem doesn't solve anything,it makes matters worse. And up till now,admins silence on this issue has been deafening.

GENIUS.

Maybe there should also be a port confirmation window for the "victim" of the teleport. Just something simple like
"[name] [school] [chat type] [level] wishes to teleport to you. Accept/Decline"
It'd help others who want help from lower levels, and the same to ones who don't want lower levels to teleport.

Maybe that and/or a privacy option that would let you choose whether you want "friends/best friends/true friends"
I say that because I best-friend all the friends I don't want to delete if I want a new friend. And.. with the true friend option then families wouldn't be torn apart, they just have to true friend their families.

AND THAT WAS MY EPIC RANT. X3

Survivor
Feb 20, 2009
I have been playing this game ever since it came out. I have seen all of the changes made over the years. Some good some not so good. I have two accounts and 12 Grandmasters. I can't tell you how many crowns I have purchased and how many henchmen I have used at any level over these years. Here is my recommendation:

A wizard must achieve at least a minimum level in order to be allowed in the next world. For example, you must at least be level 20 to get access to DS.

If I want to power up early by visiting another world, that should be my choice. I use henchmen in areas where I may not be strong. That is my choice using MY MONEY (crowns).

Survivor
Jun 16, 2010
Preacher7719 wrote:
No.
i will never play the game because that is part of the fun

you better keep it the way it is

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
Things are fine the way they are. Talk about a wizard coming into a battle and adding another enemy, that happens more with someone with access who stumbles in then flees or logs out leaving you stuck. When I was up and coming I had a friend who often called for my help a couple of worlds ahead. When I was going through the higher worlds I had a no talker friend who often joined uninvited leaving me with just this scenario. Oh well, I always had the option of removing him, which I never did, and am happy to have helped him on his first trip to Malistaire. One thing you might do though, is put a "request to join" in the no talker menu.
It would be much better, and a great help to have Mr Lincoln or Gamma or Reginald Baxby give the no talkers some much, nay, desperately needed lessons in game courtesies.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
Dear wizard 101 creaters,
I'm not really sure what to say. One one hand I love to see new worlds, but I hate it when I port to a higher world and i'm in a hard battle, . Mabey you should let people go into a higher world only once, just for a quick guimse of the world! :D mabey you should to that!!! I hope I helped!
Your faithful wizard,
Rowen Dragoncaller :)

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
I don't think so, sure not all low level wizards are bad, but most of them are so extremely annoying. Some join battles then flee, leaving you with more, some join YOUR boss battle then say LEAVE NOW and if I say NO they become an instant potty mouth. Some other are non chats (don't have anything personally against them) and take all your traps, and last but not least some "power level" and do DS quests at level 7, i try to warn them it won't work out but they don't listen. I think they shouldn't, sure its nice to get a sneek peek of whats next but isn't it better to just NOT be lazy and advance to that world you want to explore? Porting may help, but people who aren't you friends can still join without permission.