Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 28, 2009
I think i have a good solution to solve this problem. How about they restrict lower levels from porting but there should be a like limit to what is considered "low" level. Like maybe one world from being able to enter the next one? Also how about low level can port to the common areas of the worlds. So they can buy pets, castles, etc, etc. They just won't be allowed in the fighting areas.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2009
I think it should be like you must be in the same world, or a behind to teleport to a friend!

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
I'd say only when they're asked for help but there's really no way to limit that. I've helped plenty of higher level friends (I'm a level 26) with boss fights when they've asked for my help. That's the only time I port to a friend's location. If you block lower level wizards from going to worlds they don't have access to yet, you block some upper level players from getting the help they need for bigger fights.

Explorer
May 29, 2009
I think their should be level restrictions on the worlds starting with Krokotopia.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
I can allow or disallow porting to me, so I choose to allow people to choose. If someone is in the habit of porting, then leaving, he/she is not my friend, and will be removed from my friends list. Why punish those who DO NOT misuse friendship?

Hero
May 02, 2009
Ooh, tough call. Well I know that it can get pretty annoying, especially when people wont listen to you when you ask them something (like please dont use a spell that will remove your traps).

But on another hand, some people, like me, have alredy been to the higher level world(s) on a different wizard, and will know what and what not to do in those areas.

Other than that, I dont think having a spiral key lock is a good idea, as again, players with multiple wizards (like myself) sometimes like to get some extra xp from some of the side quests in the upper worlds to help level up a bit faster.

That's just how I feel about it.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
Thank you for realizing that!! It happens to me ALL THE TIME! I think they should be able to teleport only when they unlock the area on the main storyline. AND, the lower levels teleport to the Basilica and keep adding Grandmasters and Masters and asking them for help. It gets SO ANNOYING!!!

Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
I like it. it gives the, say, apprentice a chance to
a) see higher worlds and
b) see higher level spells.
here are the things it gives the say, master
a) a chance to socialize with lower-level characters
b) introduce the apprentice to some of your friends
c)hang out with a apprentice. this sounds crazy, but to me its not. i like to dress up in apprentice clothing, unicorn way badge, etc and cast a hydra to awe them on Cyclops Lane or Triton Avenue. having an apprentice around can also be handy when they're life and you don't have a healer (its happened to me before). the disadvantage comes when you're in say, DragonSpyre, and the apprentice dies. they weren't a large part of the team so its a little hard to justify healing them from a strategic point of view but do you really want to hurt their feelings?
all in all i would say the answer to your question Madam Falmea is sometimes. the apprentice should receive a warning about the difficulty of this place is or proper etiquette should dictate that they ask the master first before teleporting. here are what i think some level requirements for the warnings:
Krokotopia: levels 1-7
Marleybone: levels 1-20
Mooshu: levels 1-25
Dragonspyre: same as Mooshu.
at level 30 a player stops receiving such warnings as they have in fact showed themselves to be excellent wizards.

Hero
May 27, 2009
I think if the account has a subscription or has otherwise purchased the game, the player should be able to access any area. I like being able to bring lower levels up to advance their crafting skill ahead of storyline questing. I haven't really had a problem with lower levels joining battles and fleeing, etc. Sometimes lower levels are all that is available to help in a pinch, and if you block their access, it would not be fair.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
No, I don't think you should be able to get into a level you have not earned your way into. That said, I notice many players call upon the help of others who may not be up to the same level in order to help them defeat a boss or finish a quest. Though that works for some, I find it frustrating when inexperienced players are left behind in Dragonspyre to run around making a pest of themselves and annoying other more seasoned players who have "learned" their way up. I had two Krokotopia players port in through someone I was questing with and then wouldn't leave. They were killing jumping in where they didn't belong and dragging with them more adversaries to kill off, all the while screaming for someone to heal them. It sure ticked me off that they wouldn't go and insisted they had as much of a right to be in that dungeon as I did. Not! I earned my way in and needed the points they were stealing.

I say block people who can't access on their own and encourage people who need help to seek out the services of others at or above their current level.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
When someone tries to teleport to you, there should be a pop-up (similar to a Friend Request pop-up) that lets you know someone is trying to port to you and if they should be allowed to or not.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
no

coyleghosthammer level48(finished)
taylorgoldenshield level 29(working on hamestu village)

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
No and i have a reason to. Without the spiral key players do not know where that world is. Therefore you should not allow people into worlds they have not unlocked.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2010
I think that only wizards level 10 and higher should be allowed to. this will help with the unwanted extra monster problem. i myself have had that problem so i know how it feels.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
No, and they shouldn't be able to get quests there either. If you are lvl 15 and get a pet from say the Plaza of Conquests you shouldn't be able to equip it either. Hardly anyone actually does the quests anymore judging by feedback from all the forums. Because they are rewarded by not doing so. I understand some people use this game as a connection to family far away, but the higher level wizard can go back and help lower level one to progress. Somehow this is never attractive to them as a solution. A workable solution is world level locked realms that can be chosen at log on. Gives everyone the experience they prefer. How ever if we have one or the other give me locked Worlds!

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into worlds that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?

NO.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
No they should not. And it is really good to see this question asked here. One wizard suggested to me that they do it to "power level" thinking that the stronger monsters would provide much better experience, which they don't compared to just questing. i told them this and yet the wizard still decided to stay so they can farm for items and sell. Either way, it is a big interruption to the flow of those further ahead in the game and it does leave a "mess" for other wizards to clean up. But where would the level cap end? How about levels 35 and up can port to Dragonspyre? Or maybe 30. By then they should have good enough playing experience and gear to handle something. It seems fairer that way. I say, level 30. Only 30 and up to DS.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
I seriously have to agree with almost everyone. They shouldn't be allowed to teleport to more difficult worlds. Cause that just makes it even harder for us higher levels.

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
I realy think lower leveled players shouldn't go to higher areas , my highest wizard may only be in marlybone but I see level 5 players somtimes! I have also had people join my fight then leave me right as another thing comes to fight me! Then leaving me to die and its not fun, I never went to higher areas when I was a low level, I leveled up the right way! Then I hearpeople complaining about low level players "power leveling" or whatever and I don't like it , can't they just play the game, not just piggy back on a high level wizard and level up everyfight the other wizard wins (bcuz u get more expirence in higher level areas).

Amber Stormsong level 28 (in the arena or marleybone)

Amber Soulhunter level 21 (in the arena or krokotopia)

Taylor Emeraldspear level 18 (in the arena or krokotopia)

(And a few others that I don't play on as much)

See you in the spiral

Community Leader
I am sorry
This game is based on family friendly fun. If my Nephews, Niece ect.... want to port to me in Celestia, I should be able to let them no matter what their level is. They ported to me in Dragonspyre and played some of the side quest.

I have no issues with lower levels in worlds, I have players port to me all the time. They know if my ports are off it is for a reason. If they are on you are allowed to port.

You have the option to turn off your ports for a reason, you have perfect realms if you don't want to be around players.

I see no harm in keeping the game dynamics they way they have always been.
This is my opinion.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
Professor Falmea,

I think "If The Mind is like a candle" and "the Heart is like the sun."
- Professor Falmea, then to lock lower level wizards out of worlds is a-kin to closing off your heart to everyone. :)

Edit- :( My answer would be, Professor Falmea, with all due respect, no, I donot think there should be world locks, I do not think there should be instance locks, and, I do not think there should be badge locks. I think all of those things are very family un-friendly.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
It definitely an annoy at time - especially when you have a kid that just wont give up and follow you everywhere. But if you lock your teleport and change to a less crowded realm, it wont be a problem. There are few places i really find that its out of control are at those 4 boss in the plaza of conquest, the Hoarder and Viktor Icecrusher in Hatchery. Its out in the open area. Its like impossible to do quest when just about anyone at any level can hop in and totally wasted traps or feint. That really drives me nuts.
Destiny Dreamheart

Survivor
Oct 27, 2009
Maybe instead of a world lock how about give players the option to lock their battle? This way you could get the best of both worlds, players who don't want lower levels in their battle can stop them from joining but those lower levels could still explore the worlds.

One possible idea:
Adding three privacy options (text in [] controls in {})
[Prevent players under level ___ from joining] {on}{off}
[Set level] {1}{2}........{44}{45}
[Friend exception] {best friends only}{all friends}{off}

Limitations:
It can't be used on open area bosses
The highest level you can lock is 5 levels under yours. So if your level 43 you can't stop a level 38 from joining you.

One last thing that is a little off topic. Do you think you could put the open area bosses into single level towers like many other bosses? I think this would remove the biggest reason why some players want a world lock- the pet drops from the bosses in the plaza of conquest.

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
flash33 wrote:
Ooh, tough call. Well I know that it can get pretty annoying, especially when people wont listen to you when you ask them something (like please dont use a spell that will remove your traps).

But on another hand, some people, like me, have alredy been to the higher level world(s) on a different wizard, and will know what and what not to do in those areas.

Other than that, I dont think having a spiral key lock is a good idea, as again, players with multiple wizards (like myself) sometimes like to get some extra xp from some of the side quests in the upper worlds to help level up a bit faster.

That's just how I feel about it.
i agree