Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wild Bolt always fizzling when trying to cast

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
I wanted to let the tech. dept. know that the game keeps making the spell Wild Bolt card fizzle every time I or other storm mages cast it during a battle. I have seen it fizzle with other storm mages as well as with myself when ever we try casting it. If you could look into this matter because it is frastrating to have a spell like that and not be able to use it because the game keeps making it fizzle when you try to cast it.

Zachery Stormweaver

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Wild Bolt has a mere 10% chance of not fizzling. Even with some of the best accuracy gear in the game, the spell will still fizzle most of the time. It is to make up for its extremely high damage.

Defender
May 30, 2009
That card only has a 10% change of actually hitting. It is supposed to fizzle all the time. If you want it to hit more regularly, I would suggest looking into buying some clothing that gives you more accuracy to boost that percentage up but it's STILL going to fizzle very often. That's the design of the card.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
If you bothered to look at the card, you'll see that it only has a 10% chance of being successfully cast. The fact that it will deal 1,000 damage and only cost 2 pips makes it an extrememly over-powered card ... so they balanced it out by making it less accurate.

With that said, it is still worthwhile to keep a couple in your deck. It will work sometimes, and it's pretty nice to be able to eliminate one of your opponents right off the bat in a fight.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
It has does 1000 damage for 2 pip, THERE IS A REASON IT HAS 10% ACCURACY!!

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
wild bolt was never suppose to cast all the time or even most of the time, wild bolt has been bugged to the extent that it was almost more reliable to cast than a high percentage storm card, wild bolt simply casts as much as it should now

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
SylverHawk4 wrote:
I wanted to let the tech. dept. know that the game keeps making the spell Wild Bolt card fizzle every time I or other storm mages cast it during a battle. I have seen it fizzle with other storm mages as well as with myself when ever we try casting it. If you could look into this matter because it is frastrating to have a spell like that and not be able to use it because the game keeps making it fizzle when you try to cast it.

Zachery Stormweaver

Have you ever heard of accuracy. It is the chance of a spell working.Wild bolts is 10%. Therefore it fizzles a lot.