Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Discuss your school!!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 04, 2010

HEY everyone! please discuss your school! i am really trying to find out about other schools and would like to know what you think about yours!!! whats the best part? what is your weakness? whats the coolest spell? whats the worst part about your school?? anything else? please comment!

Kelly, lvl 23 life :D

Hero
May 02, 2009
Well first off, thank you for taking an interst in learning about the other schools.

Now my main wizard (and first wizard) is a fire, so I can give you info on that school.

First off, Fire is the second most powerful school in the game, next to storm, and what sets us apart from the others is our DoT (damage over time) spells.

DoT will have an initial hit, then do some more damage over 3 rounds (its like the opposite of spells like sprite, basically)

Now, some of my favorite spells would be smoke screen (-40% accuracy to all enemies for 1 pip), steal charm (steal 1 positive charm like balanceblade, guiding light, etc.) and fire elemental (fire school minion)

The best part of our school is of course the damage over time. While it's in motion, enemies have a hard time putting up shields to block it, and one of my favorite things about it is while it's going, you can take the time to buff up, shield up, and even heal up if you need to, which is very convenient (at least for me).

Another great thing about fire is we get our school blade, fireblade, right after the enrollment quest, and before any other school, which is awesome.

Our minion is a fire elf tank; by that I mean he loves to spam fire elves constantly, doing a considerable amount of damage during the fight. He also can help with trapping, blading, and shielding (all for fire).

Link is also helpful as it is unique because for 2 pips not only does it do damage over time, but it also does a heal over time as well. It's also the only spell in the game that can remove both weakness AND infection at the same time.

Fire also does well in pvp, especially in 1v1 matches. Our DoT makes it hard for our opponents to shield against us, and fire elemental is a great help in that factor (he's also said to be one of the best minions in the game).

Immolate is your friend. It does 250 damage to you, while doing 600 to an enemy. It's very helpful in removing traps set on you like curse, hex and feint. Just make sure you remember to put a fire shield on you first, to reduce the damage you take.

Steal charm is very helpful too. With it, we can steal a charm from an opponent and use it for our own. For example, if a balance enemy has balanceblade on him, we can use steal charm to take it from him, and use it for our own, at the cost of only 1 pip plus the spell has 80% base accuracy too (ice's steal ward spell can steal a shield, but requires 2 pips to cast, no offense to ice wizards).

Some weaknesses would be the health. While we may be the second strongest, we also have the second lowest health in the game, again, next to storm. Because of this, we can be taken out quite easily.

Also, we also have to wait for the DoT to do its full damage as it's spread out over 3 rounds, which can sometimes be a pain.

Fire Elemental, while helpful, can also be annoying as he can sometimes remove traps on an opponent, which can get annoying at times. He also has relatively low health (400), but it doubles when a spirit armor is cast apon him.

Another annoying thing is that in some of the later worlds like Dragonspyre, there are a TON of fire enemies, which of course, are resistant to fire spells.

In pvp, thermic shield can get pretty annoying, as it shields for both fire AND ice, which can interfere with our prism (fire prism converts the fire damage to ice damage).

I hope I helped shed a bit of light apon the fire school. I would reccomend you make a fire wizard and try the school out, as it would help you get to know the fire school a little bit better, and the same goes for all the other schools as well.

Seth ShadowCloud- Grandmaster fire/storm, former pvp adept veteran.
Seth EmeraldFlame-Journeyman (lv.19) myth, former pvp initiate knight.
Seth GhostHaven-Journeyman (lv.19) death.
Terri GhostStone-Journeyman (lv.15) life.
Logan StarBloom-Journeyman (lv.15) storm.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Blaze DreamStalker-Apprentice (lv.9) death.
Paul LifeSong-Initiate (lv.10) life.

A good friend.

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
well your gonna learn about the death school :D death is like gore beyond its limits ( only in real life ) we use spells that hurt AND heal at the same time like lets say you casted a ghoul and does 160 damage and it heals you 80 health! our weakness STORM! their power knocks us to the floor! the coolest spell is wraith 5 graves burst through the ground then a wraith pops out of the ground ( he looks like death ) he uses his boney hand to suck heath from the opponnet and heal you half of the damage done to the opponnet the best part of death is that the spells that death has allows you to solo the worst part of being death is being told your powers are weak ( when we can use deathblade fient curse spirit blade etc to turn death into a defeat machine ) there ya go switch to death we are the dominate school of soloing!

hunter legendwraith level50 necromancer

Adherent
May 20, 2010
My first wizard was Life. I managed to solo everythiing in the storyline, needing another wizard's assistance only to unlock the crystals in the Great Spyre (Malistaire).

As for other schools, it depends on what you want to do. Solo play is different than team play. Different schools play better in one than the other. Also the different schools may play better in PvP vs. straight questing.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
well here are two of mine

my first,Death

Well death is known as either 3rd or 4th strongest school.are spells are sort of weak but that's why we got feint the best trap in the game.Death also heals and attacks at the same time so i never have to use scrafice almost ever.But our minion is realy bad in my opinion and constantly uses doom and gloom and messes up feints.

scarcrow my favorit spell attacks everyone and heals for every one hit.have you ever been in a fight and need to get healed and a life person isn't available well have no fear Death is HERE!!!! sacrafice heals by 700 and costs only 3 pips.Death's doom and gloom is an exelent spell for pvp and so is infection.well that's all i got for death.

coyleghosthammer level 48 (finished)
taylorgoldenshield level 29 (tattaki outpost)

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
this looks fun ok my wizard is life and i'm sure i can tell you something about it cause i am level 46 now life doesn't really have the strongest attacks but it's advantage is that it has tons of healing spells!

list of healing spells in order

Minor Blessing 65 health
Fairy 420 health
Unicorn 275 health to all
Sprite 30 + 270 every 3 rounds
Satyr 860 health
Regenerate 52 + 1001 every 3 rounds [ favorite ]
Dryad 200 per pip
Rebirth 650 + spirit armors to all

pretty cool huh now the attacks

list of life attacks in order

Imp 65-105 damage
Leprechaun 155-195 damage
Nature's Wrath 240-300 damage
Seraph 335-395
Centaur 505-595
Forest Lord 540 - 620 to all
usually life is just a helper for the stronger wizards but trust me if you get in a fight with a life wizard it could be pretty hard for you so that is pretty much what life is like not much but yeah so there ya go well uh bye i guess so yeah well bye ........... WHAT!

jk jk but seriously bye

Joseph Lifehammer Level 45 life/death wizard

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
Storm- My Grandmaster Storm, my weakness is probably weakness lol. I love it because, it's strong and powerful and I love the animations.

Balance- My Balance Grand, the weakness is Tower Shield definatly! Judgement is our strongest spell so by having a Tower shield it takes it down 50%. Ex: if the original hit was supposed to be 1200, it would just be 600.

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
Well one of the most useful schools is Death We Necromancers draw our fear from us to our advesaries. Dificult to master this art

It hurst and heals.Very useful. Here are the death spells

Feint:70 trap on enemy yet 30 trap on you

Death trap: 30 Death attack

Curse:20 on attack

Deathblade:40 to death attack

Powerful spells to use on battle

Vampire: Steals 350 and gives half to you

Skeletal Pirate:450-510 death attack

Wraith: Steals 500 and gives half to you

Scarecrow: steals 400. But it helpful when ypu use all the spells on the top of the battle spells. somehow it absors the traps and deathblades a lot. steals all enemies health and gives half to you

Survivor
May 23, 2010
so you want to know more about schools ok i will tell you what i know about the life school but be warned i have a big tempar

:life:
Often thought of as the wizards henchman other schools think that they are like candy machines give them a treasure card and they will heal you but they are not here are the spells i know.

unicorn: healing spell
minor blessing: healing spell
regenerate: healing spells {favroite
imp: attack spell
sprite minion: summon spell
natures wrath: attack spell
seraph: attack spell now a little guide for freddy 9 lives life only use life blade and seraphs it can get it to 800 damage I AM NOT JOKING I REPEAT I AM NOT JOKING

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
Well i'm Balance and the Balance School is hard to get to because you ethier have to be a Member or a Subscriber.
But:
My favourite cards are; Sandstorm does damage to all targets, helping hands, Hydra ( I don't have it yet )

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
I have Death, Life, Myth, Balance, Fire and Storm (all either grand or well into Mooshu). They area all great in their own way!

Death has some of the coolest spells (Wraith!).

I find myth the most challenging as the minions aren't really helpful. But it has some great spells.

Life is nice because it is so easy to heal yourself. And don't worry about the relatively low damage spells. With the buffs from Niles the Balance tree, Life hits plenty hard.

Balance is probably my favorite. It is complicated but has some excellent spells to work with and is rarely defeated. And the mander minion is my altime favorite minion!

Fire was tricky at first because of the damage over time aspect. But after level 30 or so it becomes pretty easy.

Storm rocks! Don't worry about the high fizzle rate as early on you get clothing to help offset that.

So I say, pick one to start but plan on doing them all!

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
My main is my death person. When you are death you can hurt the monster or person and get half of the attack damage turns in to life for you. :) Two schools are weak against death those are life and balance. My farovite spell for death is scarecrow it does 400 damage it gives half of the attack power turns to life for you . But you have to be lvl 48 to get it. :) My farovite schools are death and myth . This is all i have to say. From Alyssa DeathFlame Grandmaster death Alyssa SilverStalker lvl 30 Life Alexis ShadowDeamer Grandmaster Life ( on diffent account this life ) Alyssa Storm lvl 11 Storm Alyssa SeaWalker lvl 6 Storm Alyssa Fire lvl 6 Fire Alyssa Grandmaster Myth ( i have lost this persons password i am so dumb) If you know any of the these people quote to me you guys may know me has Death Wish Peace out peeps

Explorer
Apr 28, 2010
I am part of the school of Life and am very proud of it. We got strengths and weaknesses. Some of our strengths are being able to heal, having third highest base health (Balance being tied when Grand but throughout the game Balance has more), having highest accuracy and along with Balance and Death, getting higher accuracy from grand gear due to not needing extra accuracy. As of our weaknesses are shields and resistance due to having low damage, spells that block our heals such as Infection, Entangle (Life dispel) and Doom and Gloom, also another weakness is mostly being targeted first in PvP due to common sense of being able to heal the team and not having any Aura spells or hit all enemies spells. Hope this helps you understand Life better and maybe make a Life character in the future.

Gabriel StarCatcher, Grandmaster Theurgist
Natalie StarCatcher, Master Pyromancer (level 48 soon to be 49)

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
BALANCE IS AWESOME!!!
Even though im an ice wizard. Balance is my secondary class. My favorite spell is judgement becuz it is cool.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
The best class in my book of wizard101 class records would be Fire

Fire Blade: 34-35

Fire Trap: 25

Boost To: Ice

second class in records is Storm:

Storm Blade:34-35

Storm Trap:25

Boost To: Myth

Defender
May 10, 2010
I'm an ice/storm wizard. I love ice because it can be very useful to have blizzard. Ice also has the most health. Ice weakness is probably fire, because ice's pro is to be able to block high amounts of damage at once. SO WE CAN BLOCK THE #1 SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
How about we get sub forums for each school on these boards so there doesn't pop up a new thread about, #insert school here, every 2nd day?

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Araylia wrote:

HEY everyone! please discuss your school! i am really trying to find out about other schools and would like to know what you think about yours!!! whats the best part? what is your weakness? whats the coolest spell? whats the worst part about your school?? anything else? please comment!

Kelly, lvl 23 life :D

Well, I have a grand Ice and Balance and I'm currently working on a Myth. Ice is my first class and still my favorite. Ice is a wonderful class but requires a lot of patience. So far, it has taken longer to complete the first half of the game with my Ice than with any other class. Ice has a lot of health and learns a lot of defense right at first. This allows you to stay in the fight for a long time, but because of low damage spells and the fact that you don't get your blade (or any real boost) until later in the game, the battles can take a very, very long time.

The best thing about ice is that you can stay in the fight long enough to cast a lot of buffs resulting in large damage. It is an excellent class to solo with if you also choose to learn some healing. The worst part is the patience factor. Battles can take a very, very long time. I'm not really sure what my favorite spell is as they all have their uses. Frost giant is great because it deals a lot of damage to all enemies and simultaneously stuns most (some can't be stunned). From a visual perspective, I think that Ice Wyvern looks the coolest.

Balance is a great school because its so versatile. It is the only school i can think of that has spells which can do damage from other classes (such as hydra and spectral blast). Its also advantageous that balance damage spells cannot be shielded (except with towers or gear). Balance has decent health and accuracy and is probably the best class to use for casting secondary school spells because balance buffs can be used to improve every other school. Its also the only class that gets all of Niles spells for free. :)

The biggest disadvantage to balance is that in my opinion, its also the most complicated school to use and master. The second biggest is that it can be difficult to get balance damage very high because while every other school can benefit from balance buffs, balance can only be buffed from balance buffs and they are not very large. Again, its difficult to say what my favorite spell is, but I think I'm going to have to go with bladestorm. Its the only spell in the game that boosts all friend's attacks in one round and for any kind of attack.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2010
Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
Hi people I used to have 4 balance grandmasters my most favorite class.
my favorite was Lucas my first character. Anyway I am here to tell you about some really good things and some bad things about balance.
Well first off Balance is the class of PvP mostly no offense to storm but you can easily take down a storm because you have shields of every school
except yourself. But i picked up tower shield and feint and i got gear resist
so. but it can do really well but not until lvl 28. because your attacks are so weak and you only got one buff maybe two if ya finish krok before but at lvl 28. You are a pvp master. but yeah one thing that really is bad about balance is the buffs but I can live through that. anyways judgement is 100 per pip
and if you got 7 power pips you have 1400 base damage already. Oh and I forgot to mention that balance gets a aura aka bubble that gives 35% power pip chance. And back on judgement Balance gets power pips really easy more than any other class because a lvl 40 robe i looked at gives 10% power pip chance! really the clothes and stuff give about half the power pip chance the rings do at the end you get 81 percent power pip chance! so if you put feint bladestorm balance blade and hex you can do about 8000 damage yeah and we got the shields while we wait for pips so in all i think balance is best. but i like other classes too.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2009
I love your interest in other schools. My main wizard, Emily UnicornHorn, is a Balance wizard. I love Balance. It is a mixture of Fire, Storm and Ice. Most people say that Balance is weak. I dont believe so. I'd say one of Balance's weaknesses are the powerful cards. I mean, dont get me wrong or anything, but its just that Balance doesnt have cards that can wipe out a boss in one hit. Like Storm, or Fire. Balance is kind of weak on those kind of spells because Balance focuses on traps and shields and blades, rather than very powerful spells. I mean, again, dont get me wrong, it's not that you need powerful spells for your school, it's just that it's nice to have one. I'd say that the coolest spell is Hydra. I'm only a level 41 Balance wizard. So I dont know about any other spells in Balance :P. Thanks for letting me share!

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
My School is Life. I ? Life because we get to help other Wizards and heal them. My favorite spell so far has to be Rebirth. My Life Main is currently level 48. Life is my favorite school. I love faries and nature a lot. If I get upset I hug a tree:D

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
My second main is Storm. Storm is quite cool to me. Other than low health we get high attack spells the highest MOST OF DA TIME My name is Rebecca Swift. She is level 39. My favorite spell has to be Tempest so far in the game. I acutally like when it rains :D!!!

~Rebecca Swift Storm level 39
And.......
~Destiny LifeBlossom level 48 Life

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
Well I also have a Death. I am both emo, and a girly girl. Her name is Ashley DeathBlade. My favorite spell is beguille. Sure it bugs Wizards in PvP but I just LOVE the idea. I am currently level 30. Death Rocks!

~Ashley DeathBlade level 30 Death
~Destiny LifeBlossom level 48 Life
~Fiona Ashblood level 5 PvP warlord Balance
~Rebecca Swift level 39 Storm

Explorer
Mar 22, 2009
flash33 wrote:
Well first off, thank you for taking an interst in learning about the other schools.

Now my main wizard (and first wizard) is a fire, so I can give you info on that school.

First off, Fire is the second most powerful school in the game, next to storm, and what sets us apart from the others is our DoT (damage over time) spells.

DoT will have an initial hit, then do some more damage over 3 rounds (its like the opposite of spells like sprite, basically)

Now, some of my favorite spells would be smoke screen (-40% accuracy to all enemies for 1 pip), steal charm (steal 1 positive charm like balanceblade, guiding light, etc.) and fire elemental (fire school minion)

The best part of our school is of course the damage over time. While it's in motion, enemies have a hard time putting up shields to block it, and one of my favorite things about it is while it's going, you can take the time to buff up, shield up, and even heal up if you need to, which is very convenient (at least for me).

Another great thing about fire is we get our school blade, fireblade, right after the enrollment quest, and before any other school, which is awesome.

Our minion is a fire elf tank; by that I mean he loves to spam fire elves constantly, doing a considerable amount of damage during the fight. He also can help with trapping, blading, and shielding (all for fire).

Link is also helpful as it is unique because for 2 pips not only does it do damage over time, but it also does a heal over time as well. It's also the only spell in the game that can remove both weakness AND infection at the same time.

Fire also does well in pvp, especially in 1v1 matches. Our DoT makes it hard for our opponents to shield against us, and fire elemental is a great help in that factor (he's also said to be one of the best minions in the game).

Immolate is your friend. It does 250 damage to you, while doing 600 to an enemy. It's very helpful in removing traps set on you like curse, hex and feint. Just make sure you remember to put a fire shield on you first, to reduce the damage you take.

Steal charm is very helpful too. With it, we can steal a charm from an opponent and use it for our own. For example, if a balance enemy has balanceblade on him, we can use steal charm to take it from him, and use it for our own, at the cost of only 1 pip plus the spell has 80% base accuracy too (ice's steal ward spell can steal a shield, but requires 2 pips to cast, no offense to ice wizards).

Some weaknesses would be the health. While we may be the second strongest, we also have the second lowest health in the game, again, next to storm. Because of this, we can be taken out quite easily.

Also, we also have to wait for the DoT to do its full damage as it's spread out over 3 rounds, which can sometimes be a pain.

Fire Elemental, while helpful, can also be annoying as he can sometimes remove traps on an opponent, which can get annoying at times. He also has relatively low health (400), but it doubles when a spirit armor is cast apon him.

Another annoying thing is that in some of the later worlds like Dragonspyre, there are a TON of fire enemies, which of course, are resistant to fire spells.

In pvp, thermic shield can get pretty annoying, as it shields for both fire AND ice, which can interfere with our prism (fire prism converts the fire damage to ice damage).

I hope I helped shed a bit of light apon the fire school. I would reccomend you make a fire wizard and try the school out, as it would help you get to know the fire school a little bit better, and the same goes for all the other schools as well.

Seth ShadowCloud- Grandmaster fire/storm, former pvp adept veteran.
Seth EmeraldFlame-Journeyman (lv.19) myth, former pvp initiate knight.
Seth GhostHaven-Journeyman (lv.19) death.
Terri GhostStone-Journeyman (lv.15) life.
Logan StarBloom-Journeyman (lv.15) storm.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Blaze DreamStalker-Apprentice (lv.9) death.
Paul LifeSong-Initiate (lv.10) life.

A good friend.
my wizard is fire too. we have great attack spells and a few spells that are different from every other. We have smoke screen which is like stunning without the shields. (HALLELUJAH!)

We have damage spells such as overtime spells (already explained) which does an amount of damage each turn. We have our LVL 48 SPELL FIRE DRAGON which does overtime to all enemies, but our greatest friend is our lvl 58 spell EFREET!

it may do damage to one enemy, but if it's a boss, or that person doesnt die, it give the enemy 90%- NEXT ATTACK! useful if a boss uses a big atack on you. (for example: if a storm boss has the 90%- on it but has a blade and i have a storm trap, and he uses leviathan, puls he has a critical, instead of 3000 damage on me, i get like 100 damage! my fav spell! TRY FIRE! IT AWESOME! (i also recommend life for side class for healing) just the right amount of health, and perfect for damage!