Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Game question on cost

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I am not certain if this goes in this area or not, but I have a question on the cost of the pet games and the reduction rate.

My pet has 48 health points, which should allow me to play a total of 8 games at the cost of 6 points each. I am noticing that each time I play the game more than 6 points are deducted and it isn't consistent.

Recently, I played and the first couple of games I played it deducted the correct number of points, but as my pet's life went down it started deducting more than the 6 points. Once it was 7, than 8.

I don't play them that often and recently just starting playing on a more consistent basis.

Also, does your pet heatlh increase as your pet grows. My pet is an adult now and still has the same amount of health as it did when it was a teen.

Suri Spiritrider, Lvl 50 Myth

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
first of all its called pet energy not health and you get energy as you lvl your actual person, not your pet, once you get to grand master you cant get it to go up anymore unless you buy the beastmasters jerkin in the crown shop.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
Pet energy is based on your character's level, not your pet's. 48 is as high as it gets (for now).

Pet game costs do go up when the pet shifts age groups. A baby can play a game for 2 energy, a teen for 4, ect. Your pet energy fills at a rate of 1 point every 10 minutes.

You should not be paying 8 energy unless your pet is ancient. From your description, I'd hazard a guess that your pet jumped a age class while you were training.

(You were training an adult for 6 points, leveled the pet, gained a point for a 10 minute increment so it only appeared to 'cost' you 7 points, and then did a standard 8 point training session for an ancient pet.)

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Thank you for the information. Some of the things have been cleared up for me, but still confused about the training points.

My pet is an adult. I am training her at 6 points per game, thus allowing me to play 8 games, because her energy is at 48. Simple math right, but it isn't coming out that way.

If I am only playing Cannon Ball. The first 2 times I play it, it cost 6 energy points. The next 4 times I played it, it cost me 7 energy points, totaling 46 energy points, so there is something going on with the cost. It seems to me that if I am an adult and the games cost me 6 points to play, than that should be consistent, meaning it should always cost 6 points.

I hope this is making sense.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
If you have a pet you see is an adult, and you get a pet training screen that tells you that your training session will cost you 7 energy, that is something you want to screen cap and report to KI. The training cost should be consistent at all times during a single age group.