Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizardly chatting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
I've been texting allot more than usual, and I've noticed you can't say You can trust me, cause I was giving my friend some advise on ranked pvp, and I was wondering is there a bad reason we can't say that phrase

Survivor
Apr 17, 2012
Caller Of Storms on Aug 26, 2012 wrote:
Many of you all have great remarks, But as a Teenager, My sense of Humour Is.. Different. I Don't like to be around the wrong crowd. I.E:
Unicorn way. A Bunch of immature Archmage (A Life, Fire, And Ice,)
Were sitting there on panthers. Saying EXTREMELY Inappropriate things.
I was stunned. The Filters are fine. and another thing.

Most children now want text chat to "be cooler than michael" <-- XD
But. They end up Saying something they shouldn't and get a Ban.

Something needs to be done about the Age. Some people Set false ages from the start. so they can get, Open chat.

My friend. Kayla life-song. She's 13. and she has open chat. because she changed her age a few months ago

Another Story:

At a Friends home. (Seth) It was a Party. At a Sun Palace.

Seth announced: "I need a girl!"

Then another girl (Brittany) Said "Sure Seth, i'll date ya ;)

And in a while I went inside. and saw them with their avatars together. seth messaged me and said. He was having "Hex" .

That Needs to be cut out.

But otherwise everything is great
!! GJ W101

I agree it needs to be delt with

Survivor
Sep 01, 2012
WOW you like this place i am lvl 27 ice wizard and i am sooooooooooo close to lvling up

Explorer
Mar 18, 2010
This is a very reasonable thing. Yes, sometimes I see people falsely using their text chat/open chat. (I report them of course). I think Wizard101 is doing a great job, but most people are pretty smart and can misuse and find ways to say nasty things. And yes, it is wrong to report someone and harass them, and that person's account should be completely deleted.
I hope Wizard101 finds ways to stop this and I understand Wizard101 is aware of this and I am happy for that.
Good luck!

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Deathcraze77 on Nov 21, 2012 wrote:
I've been texting allot more than usual, and I've noticed you can't say You can trust me, cause I was giving my friend some advise on ranked pvp, and I was wondering is there a bad reason we can't say that phrase
Probably so that predators can't use it to lure unsuspecting kid wizards into their snares.

Sad as it is to say, there ARE some of those sorts in our Spiral.

Qbb

Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
The other say i was fighting a 15,000 health boss (Dont remember the name) and i decided, well, I'm gonna have a little fun

So i put a death prizm on him (Cause he was death DUH), Feint, death trap, balance blade, death blade, hex, curse, and balance trap, and did skeletal pirate, boom, dead in one hit!

Oran CrowSinger AKA Quincy The Hacker

Survivor
Oct 12, 2009
Yes Mr. Lincoln my little brother just signed up and he didn't know what the red words meant and what the white ones meant. So I told him to read this post and he says Thank You very much.

~Christina Dreamheart
~Master Life Student of Ravenwood~

Survivor
Oct 19, 2010
hi there. i have a question, i have joined this game a while ago and when i joined i did not meet the age requirement for open chat but now i have gotten older and i am over 18 years of age. Do wizard101 update your age because i really want open chat. please help me out here

Explorer
Mar 18, 2010
xDragon257x I think your idea is great! Adults should have the right to do so (b/c kids would surely misuse it). Also, I think an add-on can be this: When you click to report, there is a box you type things in, correct? I think to prevent from accidently false reporting, they should put some boxes saying "abbreviated language" or "abbreviated innuendo". Something of that sort. It will help people not (by accident) false report someone, so it will not create a problem of that sort.
I hope this will be taken into consideration.
--Ashley Deathflame, Level 64, Balance

Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
I don't know if I should report people or not because people find ways to put words together to make it sound like a bad word and they go back and forth

Survivor
Nov 18, 2010
Shiningfantasia on Nov 19, 2008 wrote:
The fact that this game's chat is not just another WoW chat, alone, makes the game worth playing.

Wizard101 has done a very good job.
I think the same thing about Wizard101, its been fun playing and i'm really happy about this game sorry i never replied earlier but i did now. Jordan FrostThief

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
madison nightglade on Jan 19, 2013 wrote:
I don't know if I should report people or not because people find ways to put words together to make it sound like a bad word and they go back and forth
Those words are reportable. It is a bannable offense to combine legitimate words to make profane ones.

Please help to keep the Spiral clean and safe, and use the report button.

Warmest Regards,

Qbb/Various Wizards, Wizard City Protectors

Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
nutcracker205 on Jan 6, 2013 wrote:
hi there. i have a question, i have joined this game a while ago and when i joined i did not meet the age requirement for open chat but now i have gotten older and i am over 18 years of age. Do wizard101 update your age because i really want open chat. please help me out here
HI nutcracker205,
If you are now eligible for open chat, you should be able to log into your account settings and change the filter switch to allow open chat. But you have to change this setting yourself. Hope this helps.
~Destiny~

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
smvb wrote:
So the Report button is only for reporting chat violations?

My son came back to the game to find a message saying that someone had reported him (he had gone to eat dinner and left the game running). He was very upset about it, since he had done nothing. He was so upset that he had exited the game before I had a chance to see what the message that he received said. Because of this incident, I am glad to find out that falsely reporting someone is taken seriously.

I have never reported someone on this game, yet, but I have reported someone on another game. They had lured my child into a battle, and didn't join the battle after all, meanwhile taunting them as they "died," since my child was not strong enough to face the enemies alone. This was all done using that game's menu chat, not the filtered chat, since at that time, filtered chat was only allowed between "true friends." It was extremely upsetting for my trusting daughter. I subsequently found out that they don't keep logs of menu chat, and that the report was probably ignored.

Is the same thing true with this game? Are reports only investigated through examination of text chat logs?

My main question is this, though: will someone get in trouble for reporting someone who has been mean to them, but hasn't said anything bad in text chat? I can see where a child might do this, not knowing that they are only supposed to report text chat violations. Having not attempted to report someone, I don't know what the game says when you click on Report.
Actually when you click on the report button you have a small space to right a sentence and when you enter the report it says that they will get look into the matter or some thing of that sort and then you go on about your business. I do how ever find it disappointing that some thing isnt done right away I know this is unreasonable but still.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2012
I am level 42.Storm just became a confusing school for me. I got a Triton at level 38 it costs 6 pip. But you get Stormzilla at level 42 and it costs 5 pip. These are two of my favorite spells. (My favorite is sirens.)
I regret choosing fire for secondary . I should have chosen life because I get threatened when I have to heal. I am saving up for 7 training points to get to satyr.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
grendle on Nov 14, 2008 wrote:
im not sure "explicit" any kind of dialogue is possible with the amount of words, and combinations, of words filtered out of the chat. i tend to think that is an exageration. while its a good system, and i follow it, im not in agreement with it. but it is a paid service, meaning i dont have to be here, but since i and we all choose to be here we must follow the rules set forth for everybody. i believe the company wishes to protect themselves from any repercussions that may result from exchanging personal information, as is there right. and as far as false reporting, i have been victim to that for denying friend requests. so in this instance i am very satisified with how the staff is handling false reporting. best policy when playing i think, is to just talk about the game. there are plenty of social websites to talk about other stuff.
People still find their way around it. Go to the commons in a full realm for a while. You'll see...