Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Gold Prices

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
While enjoying running the realms picking up regents I am not into crafting. But I still enjoyed going realm to realm and gathering flowers in Moo shu and Iron in Marleybone, But now to sell them the price has bottomed out. I use to pick flowers for sometimes 6 hours straight or longer gathering around 500 Flowers and many Pearls. I depended on the gold for Hatching when I sold these regents. But you have made gathering gold harder now.
I wont be enjoying picking up regents anymore because the gold is not worth the effort. Fighting for items to sell? This is ok maybe if the fights are not too full, but I left Crusher cause every realm was full at times.
Now I have to back up and look at the game again and ask myself will I still have fun or will it become one big Hassel. You constantly change things players have grown accustom to depending on. Now that I wont be picking up regents to sell I wont be comming to game as often anymore. It was hard enough to fight off the Boredom but now, even harder.
when you buy an item for 1,900 in gold and sell it back you might get 38 in gold for it, Why dont you do ur adjusting here on return items. Dont believe me try to buy Alicanes fire wand and sell it back........

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Gold is cheap enough to get, lol... my friends and I constantly max out our gold even after spending it all the way down. We simply go on raven runs and kill fast, or gather gold at other boss areas. I can't believe people farmed regents for gold, lol... that is a bit insane.

Are you selling to the Bazaar or regular shopkeepers?
Did you notice this for all reagents or just some and if so, which ones?

The reason I ask is that these values should not have changed.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Delver
Apr 02, 2010
You are probably selling on Saturday afternoon when many people are on and too many other people are selling, pushing the price down. Wizard101 has gotten more popular, remember that weekend before school started and you had a very hard time changing areas? That is the time to buy, not to sell. At night is the time to sell and not buy.

Maybe it is time for KI to set a fixed sell price at the Bazaar, not based upon how many left, then maybe increase the # to say 1000.

I use reagents to craft pet snacks that my pets like or love, and no longer sell them.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2010
seasnake wrote:
Gold is cheap enough to get, lol... my friends and I constantly max out our gold even after spending it all the way down. We simply go on raven runs and kill fast, or gather gold at other boss areas. I can't believe people farmed regents for gold, lol... that is a bit insane.
dear zeke my name on here is destiny skullsinger and i think that this is good for us because some of us get mad at how much the gold is and i really really really love this game :-D

Defender
May 30, 2009
I think the point that seasnake and ic0517 is missing is that the price for dying clothing has been reduced with this last update which in turn has made the price for selling clothing items lower. Raven runs have been a gold mine in the past but with this last update, the amount you will receive from selling your items will be reduced. As far as regents, I can't say much about the price being lowered but if that's the way the OP wants to go with obtaining gold, you shouldn't be so rude and call him "insane" for doing it. It's a perfectly good way to build up your gold and isn't any different than you going out and smacking a few bosses around. To each his own and it certainly isn't anyones place on here to be judging how another prefers to get gold.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
seasnake wrote:

I never really thought of that. Loaded my Pharoah deck with lower level spells last night and ran amuck. Thanks for the idea 8)

Defender
May 31, 2010
If the price for selling reagents has been lowered , It would make me happy. Since I do a lot of crafting in the game. Not only would it lower the cost for me to purchase reagents , but it would take some of the profit out of just harvesting and selling them.

Right now I am working on crafting kitchen cabinets and place settings for the one room in my house. Both use scrap iron in order to create. The ONLY way for me to get scrap iron is to log in very early or very late during week days in hopes of finding it . It even more difficult to find when you have other wizards out there who just want to harvest and sell it , and I would have to pay a high price at the bazaar , if I was lucky enough to see the reagent for sale. Maybe the higher price is a good thing for all of us crafters out there , There are others ways to make gold, please leave the reagents for the crafters who need them.

Defender
May 31, 2010

After playing yesterday , I am loving the new prices.

I am a Master Artisan , who does a LOT of crafting in the game. With all the gold I made yesterday from farming my secret area (no, not telling) ; ) I bought a new mount and a lot of new recipes I wanted. Those recipes can get to be expensive.
Reagent I don't worry too much about , if people who don't need them would just leave them alone , it wouldn't be as bad. The most difficult thing for me as a crafter is getting the treasure cards that I need.
A lot of recipes I haven't purchased until I can find someone who can craft and trade me the cards. Trading of treasure cards just doesn't seem to be that active in the game. I have given away feints and wraith to my friends , wish I could also trade the snacks I craft , but that another story.
You statement about fighting , as long as the area wasn't full , I find kinda surprising . I fought my normal area for street mobs yesterday , all day , only ran into one person that jumped into my fight . I also made 75K gold in just a short time. Even the snacks they are dropping are selling for more.
Guess as a crafter , its a good thing with the new prices , if it keeps folks from farming reagents for gold. So many people need those reagents , not only to finish crafting badge , but to craft items in the game , Nice to know crafters might have better luck now looking for those reagents , instead of paying a high cost for them at the bazaar.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Oddly enough, I found that with the new release, the price of items in the bazaar actually went up. Stone blocks used to be 3g each when the bazaar was full - but now you get 7g for them (and yes, the bazaar is still full of them). The cost of buying does not appear to have gone up to the same degree; though I have purchased too little through the bazaar to have noticed the average price.

But one of the advantages of the bazaar is that you can save a lot of time on gathering, if you, say, require 200 cat tails, and if you have more money than you know what to do with at the current time. If the incentive for gatherers to sell reagents for money disappears due to lower costs, that means that most crafters will be in serious lack of reagents, which, ultimately, will cause some anger as people cannot do their crafting quests without putting more effort into it than could possibly have been planned.

I, personally, don't enjoy running in circles for four hours in order to get hold of twenty lotusses when I need eighty in total...

Hero
May 27, 2009
Zeke - when there was 100 bones pre-update, the cost of a bone was 25, now it is 40. All dropped reagents are the same. These are the ones I noticed immediately as I buy them every time I go to the Bazaar. I didn't buy gatherable reagents there, but I understand that the common ones are now more expensive and the rare ones are less.

Black Lotus would sell for 54 when there were none in stock, now it sells for 42. Black Pearls used to sell for 226, now they are 180. Diamonds used to sell for 121, but now are only worth 100. These amounts add up to someone who sold reagents as a regular practice.

Treasure card prices at the Bazaar have also "adjusted" from previous sell/buy prices - example: Satyr none in stock used to sell for 301, now sells for 250. Mutate cards used to cost 500 when there were 100 in stock, now they are 800.

Were these prices supposed to be affected by the update?

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Are you selling to the Bazaar or regular shopkeepers?
Did you notice this for all reagents or just some and if so, which ones?

The reason I ask is that these values should not have changed.

The price at the Bazaar for buying Treasure Cards and Reagents has increased for almost everything.

Banshees (level 3 death) were 100 gold if Elik had 100, and a little more if Elik had less than 100. Now, they cost at least 160 at quantity 100 and the price doesn't change if the quantity drops below 100 (it probably increases as the quantity drops further).

There are three types of Scarab Cards (level 1 balance). They all do the same type of damage, but two of them could be had for 50 gold apiece, and the other was higher. The price became 60 gold for quantities 75-99. Now, the prices are 80 or 200.

Parchment was 33 gold (qty 100), 39 gold (qty 75-99), and 46 gold (qty 50-74). Now the price is 52 for quantities 100 and lower.

Acorns, Water Lilies, and Nightshade were 100 gold (qty 100), 120 gold (qty 75-99), 140 gold (qty 50-74), 160 (qty 25-49), 200 (qty 10-24). Now, Acorns and Waterlilies cost 160 at quantities near 100. Nightshade is 300 at quantities near zero.

Boss Drop reagents (leather straps, spider silk, bronze gear, bone, ectoplasm) were 25 gold (qty 100), 30 gold (qty 75-99), 35 gold (qty 50-74), and at least 40 gold for quantities below 50. Now these all cost 40 gold hovering at quantities near 100.

Fire Blossom cost between 200 and 320 before the update. Now, at quantity 19, the cost is 440 gold.

Grendelweed (a rare harvest) is 488 at quantity 1, which is the same as I remember before the update. The one reagent that is hideously underpriced (and probably it's friends black pearl, blood moss, and diamonds) is the one that has the same price!
----

I actually would like it if the prices remained the same for quantity 75-100, so there was no temptation to wait for supply to "max out". But, the prices are higher, and the prices for selling crafted items at the Bazaar are markedly lower.