Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

View Your Pet's Talent List for 100 Crowns

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Not being able to view the potential talent lists of my pets hinders me quite a lot when it comes to being able to hatch and mix pets in the way I'd really like to mix them. When mixing pets I try to mix the pets together that have the potential talents that I would like to see manifest, the problem is that I never know what potential talents are the pets in order to better choose what pets I should be trying to mix together. I would like to be able to view all potential talents that are on any given pet. I wouldn't mind paying between 15,000 to 20,000 gold or 50 to 100 crowns to be able to do this as it would impact my pet mixing decisions quite a bit.

Defender
Aug 22, 2010
Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Nice idea!
Here's more ideas a friend of mine had (these are for level 48 pet hybrids):
- base price to hatch, say 30,000
- maybe you'd like to have pips - add 5,000 (all our level 48 pets have pips, but some hybrids never manifest pips)
- perhaps you're storm or fire and would like accuracy - add another 5,000 (ever get a life pet with accuracy? life needs accuracy? lol)
- or you're a spirit school and want power - another 5,000
- shield from another school - another 5,000 (why manifest shield against our own school? school gear already gives us shield)
just some thoughts,
Sophia StormBlade, gm storm

Explorer
Jul 06, 2009
seasnake wrote:
Not being able to view the potential talent lists of my pets hinders me quite a lot when it comes to being able to hatch and mix pets in the way I'd really like to mix them. When mixing pets I try to mix the pets together that have the potential talents that I would like to see manifest, the problem is that I never know what potential talents are the pets in order to better choose what pets I should be trying to mix together. I would like to be able to view all potential talents that are on any given pet. I wouldn't mind paying between 15,000 to 20,000 gold or 50 to 100 crowns to be able to do this as it would impact my pet mixing decisions quite a bit.

I think there should be no charge to see that, but if need be, also a gold only option. Crowns can only be earned 1 way if we don't feed the kitty so to speak and are not so easy to come by for a lot of players. And I think 10,000 Gold should be quite enough.

Yes I agree with seeing the potential and stats. For instance Satyr is a Life School only pet, I bred him with a piggle hoping he may get wings or something, over 50,000 crown and I got another Satyr. He doesn't say he is life school only but I can't share him thru shared bank because, yes, he is a life school only pet still.
Destiny Shadow Friend
Monica Strong Blood
Jenna Owl Dust

Explorer
Jul 06, 2009
albak11 wrote:
Nice idea!
- maybe you'd like to have pips - add 5,000 (all our level 48 pets have pips, but some hybrids never manifest pips)
- perhaps you're storm or fire and would like accuracy - add another 5,000 (ever get a life pet with accuracy? life needs accuracy? lol)
- shield from another school - another 5,000 (why manifest shield against our own school? school gear already gives us shield)
just some thoughts,

So that's why I get one and a double pip sometimes at start up, Or not sometimes the first round pip is a double. Even with My satyr I don't get that extra pip. Unless you count the double pip. Obviously good to use your school whenever possible. I will start watching better.

Destiny Shadow Friend
Monica Strong Blood
Jenna Owl Dust

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
albak11 wrote:
Nice idea!
just some thoughts,

The added talents you suggest aren't necessary as you can simply mix for those or continue to mix for them... what you suggest wouldn't be a bad idea except for the fact that no one can pick any talent to actually manifest on any pet.

Explorer
Jul 23, 2009
albak11 wrote:
Nice idea!
just some thoughts,

Thats a great idea! But what if you just want the pet with no skills, just for show?

Defender
Jul 21, 2009
It's not a good idea because you can get all that for free at other fan sites.
---------------------------------------------------------
Through the power of fire, nothing is beyond my reach.
Scot Thorn

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
i found that talents arent what is needed it the numbers i got to repeats of pets that were off by one in both sets of the numbers ( the dna one and the () one ) then my friends gets a hybrid by mixing with the EXACT SAME NUMBER. hope this helps :-D

Explorer
May 19, 2009
look it up on wiki .not a good idea when you can do it for free!

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
The wiki site lists drop pets, crown pets, gift card pets and school pets talents - based on the information they currently have. There is no way they can list hybrid/hatched pets talents because different talents will manifest on these pets based on what they received in the hatching process.
Also, my suggestion was to make these choices available on the first hatch, not to continue hatching (cost at 40000 - 50000 each) to manifest these talents.
Sophia StormBlade, GM Storm