Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question about creating Family Plan

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
My brother and I have been sharing my account, but he just bought a computer and we would now like to switch to the family plan. Does anyone know a way we can do this and he can still keep his character?

Thanks for the great responses! Now I am wondering if we sign up for the family plan with a one year subscription, will that be enough for the administrators to accept our request for a character transfer?

Yes you can both keep your Wizards, but one of you will need to request a character transfer from Mr Lincoln.

Here's more information:
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/16444.ftl

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Defender
May 30, 2009
Be sure that both of you have yearly subscriptions. Transferring characters can only be done from one yearly subscriber to another on the same family plan. This from Professor Greyrose:

*****Courtesy character transfer requests have been terminated due to a number of compromised account security issues.

However, if both accounts (the from & to) are linked in a Family of Accounts, pass our security checks and are subscribed for a 1 year term, we will transfer the characters for you.

If your situation meet these conditions, send an email to support@wizard101.com and let Mr Lincoln know the Source Account, the Destination Account, and the name of the character(s) to be transferred and he will look into the transfer for you.

All of Mr Lincoln's decisions are final when it comes to character transfer requests.*****

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
wileyde wrote:
My brother and I have been sharing my account, but he just bought a computer and we would now like to switch to the family plan. Does anyone know a way we can do this and he can still keep his character?

Before you send a request to have characters transferred to the other account, make sure you have everything you want from your "shared bank" or your own "bank/attic", because once you transfer the characters to the other account, the only thing you can transfer "between the two accounts" will be crowns.

So look at your pets, mounts, any backpack items, that you want to keep for those characters, or that you want to "leave" on the old account.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
Couldn't the both of you be logged on simultaneously? Why open up another account if you can play on the same one, at the same time, with the ability to continue sharing everything? You will have to split pets, mounts, gear and everything.

corniilius wrote:
Couldn't the both of you be logged on simultaneously? Why open up another account if you can play on the same one, at the same time, with the ability to continue sharing everything? You will have to split pets, mounts, gear and everything.

Two people cannot log into the same account at the same time. When one person tries to log in while another is already playing the account, the person already playing will be kicked out.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
I have my 2 teenagers accounts under mine as the family plan ($6.95/mo). All 3 of us can play at the same time.

BankOfMom wrote:
I have my 2 teenagers accounts under mine as the family plan ($6.95/mo). All 3 of us can play at the same time.

That's right, you each have different account logins, so you can all play at the same time.
However if you were to attempt to login on the account of one of your children, they would be disconnected when you tried to connect.