Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pet idea...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 29, 2009
this may be a bad idea to some people.. but you know how we get our pets at 48 for your school? well.. i think what KI should do is have us PICK a pet at level one.. or level 7 whatever.. so we can have our one pet throughout our whole adventure.. sure i guess other options if people get bored afterwards.. but i feel like the 48 pet isn't really worth it because of the fact that once i get it.. i'm basically a grandmaster and want to start a new character.. so you can have PET MISSIONS as well as normal storyline missions.. and it also creates a bond between you and your pet.. isn't that the idea of all this pet stuff anyways? your pet could even be a human for all i care.. (maybe not but still) something that trains just as you train.. throughout your entire adventure.. so for example.. lets take a hydra.. you have three heads correct? well.. level 7 you get a one headed hydra.. with one color.. and throughout your entire journey baby hydra actually forms into an EPIC hydra.. like it earns its other heads or something.. almost like pokemon with the evolving process.. i guess i sound lame now but oh well.. and your pets should differ from your GENDER.. so a life girl would start with a pixie.. then eventually forming into a female satyr or something.. and a boy would get a leprochan or something.. but the main idea is leveling up you PET.. through the PET MISSIONS.. not sitting in the pet lobby setting a timer till my pet bottle has re filled after a couple hours.. what do you think?

Defender
Aug 22, 2010
Gandolf619 wrote:
this may be a bad idea to some people.. but you know how we get our pets at 48 for your school? well.. i think what KI should do is have us PICK a pet at level one.. or level 7 whatever.. so we can have our one pet throughout our whole adventure.. sure i guess other options if people get bored afterwards.. but i feel like the 48 pet isn't really worth it because of the fact that once i get it.. i'm basically a grandmaster and want to start a new character.. so you can have PET MISSIONS as well as normal storyline missions.. and it also creates a bond between you and your pet.. isn't that the idea of all this pet stuff anyways? your pet could even be a human for all i care.. (maybe not but still) something that trains just as you train.. throughout your entire adventure.. so for example.. lets take a hydra.. you have three heads correct? well.. level 7 you get a one headed hydra.. with one color.. and throughout your entire journey baby hydra actually forms into an EPIC hydra.. like it earns its other heads or something.. almost like pokemon with the evolving process.. i guess i sound lame now but oh well.. and your pets should differ from your GENDER.. so a life girl would start with a pixie.. then eventually forming into a female satyr or something.. and a boy would get a leprochan or something.. but the main idea is leveling up you PET.. through the PET MISSIONS.. not sitting in the pet lobby setting a timer till my pet bottle has re filled after a couple hours.. what do you think?

Iwant it to be like that!

Survivor
Oct 03, 2009

I like the whole idea... I would love to have had Taz (my hydra) long before I got him.

Autumn Jadeheart Grandmaster Balance

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
The level 48 pets are something that has to be earned, i don't think this is a good idea

Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
that sounds like a great idea!!! pets dont do much at all, and it sounds like it would be so much fun!!! it would also be a nice break from just plain quests.

kelly, lvl 23 LIFE

Survivor
Oct 29, 2009
thunderbird120 wrote:
The level 48 pets are something that has to be earned, i don't think this is a good idea

no i know, but what if you got a weaker level fourth tea eighth pet at level 7 when the place opens.. or even level one! and you can like customize it so you aren't identical to each player.. but like.. lets say you get a helephant.. (pyromancer) level one you get one set of armour.. and build it up till you get his sword level 48.. so you COMPLETE your pet.. do you see what i'm saying.. everyone could have there own kind of school pet.. but you create it throughout the story as well..

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
Gandolf619 wrote:
level 7 you get a one headed hydra.. with one color.. and throughout your entire journey baby hydra actually forms into an EPIC hydra.. like it earns its other heads or something.. i guess i sound lame now but oh well.. and your pets should differ from your GENDER.. so a life girl would start with a pixie.. but the main idea is leveling up you PET.. through the PET MISSIONS.. not sitting in the pet lobby setting a timer till my pet bottle has re filled after a couple hours.. what do you think?

Too difficult to code since the models would be changing.
And not viable for Wizard101 in any case since KI would consider each of those models to be a unique pet type.

then eventually forming into a female satyr or something.. and a boy would get a leprochan or something.
Satyrs and Leprechauns are always male.
The female equivalent of a Satyr is a Nymph. No Nymphs in Wizard101, yet.

If you want to train a pet as you level, just buy a pet you like from the Pet Shoppe at level 7 or use one from a drop.