Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Not loading new areas/objects, only crashing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
I play on two computers. One is my laptop, and the other is my desktop. When I switch from playing on one to the other, each comp requires a downloading of each new area and objects. This I understand, what I don't understand is why my laptop cannot handle downloading any new areas and objects anymore. Everything was working fine until a week ago. When I am on my laptop and I enter a new area the loading circle in the upper left hand of the screen pops up to load MOB_WORLDDATA. It sits at zero percent for about 10 seconds then I get a error message stating "Could not connect to wizard101. Please try again later." I hit quit and I go right back to my desktop. I decided to try many different things: Check my firewall settings...OK, check my network allowances....OK, uninstall and reinstall the game....... NOT OK. Now I can't get past the login screen for the game on my laptop. It states that there is a connection issue and I should try again in a few minutes. I do and the same message pops up. I have submitted a report on this to KI three days ago and have not gotten a response. If anyone could help me please I would appreciate it. I really like to play outside on my laptop.....

Survivor
Mar 30, 2009
I had the same problem so far wizard 101 didn't help me so i had to investigate my self took a while but i found the problem. if you have software that protects your computer from internet threats than theres a good chance that its blocking wizard 101 from sending the new data to your computer. wizard 101 can help you with Norton security scan.
I dont know if they show you others. i run Trend Micro Titanium and it was blocking me so i turned of the webthreats feature although i dont think you should do it when you play and surf the web but if you just play youll be ok.
With Trend micro open the aplication that shows you what it has blocked then press the button at the bottom that looks like a star it should say settings when you put your mouse over it. click it then go to web threats tab and check off the check against web threats on the internet then press ok you should get a message saying that you turned it off then press "Keep off until restart" you can turn it back on again when your done playing. and as for Norton theres instructions here on wizard 101. go to the "Help & support tab" then scroll all the way down where it says "contact us" then click on question 12

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
Yes, Trend Micro does seem to have recently classified wizard101 websites as "suspicious", causing world data downloads to be blocked.

I wouldn't recommend turning off your protection altogether. Rather, click on your "Internet & Email controls", then "Protection against web threats", click settings, then "approved websites", and add "http://versionllnw.us.wizard101.com" (no quotes). Make sure the box for "allow all pages of the websites selected" is checked.

After the addition of the Selena quest, I wasn't even able to login, because trend was blocking the update. The moment I added that site to my trusted list, and re-tried logging in, it worked fine.

Hope this helps.