Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minotaur pet

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 11, 2010
A week or so ago, my friend told me that he got his minotaur pet from Youkai, an imp-like character in the Tree of Life. Well I wanted the pet really bad. So in the past week I have gone to Youkai and defeated him seven times and I never got the pet, but three of the six friends that I have gone with have gotten the pet from the battle. Is there any specific thing that I have to do in the battle in order to get the pet, such as getting the winning hit?Help me out here please.

- Joshua Dragonbreeze Lvl 41 pyromancer

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
Nope. It is always luck of the draw. Your best bet is to have your friends port to you in the middle of your battle with youkai, instead of entering the battle with you straight in.

If someone ports to you in the middle of a battle with Youkai, two more Youkai will spawn immediately after he is defeated. 3 for the price of one will greatly increase your chances.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
TROJAN250 wrote:
A week or so ago, my friend told me that he got his minotaur pet from Youkai, an imp-like character in the Tree of Life. Well I wanted the pet really bad. So in the past week I have gone to Youkai and defeated him seven times and I never got the pet, but three of the six friends that I have gone with have gotten the pet from the battle. Is there any specific thing that I have to do in the battle in order to get the pet, such as getting the winning hit?Help me out here please.

- Joshua Dragonbreeze Lvl 41 pyromancer

It is just plain dumb luck sorry to say :(

Hero
May 02, 2009
Talance3 wrote:
Nope. It is always luck of the draw. Your best bet is to have your friends port to you in the middle of your battle with youkai, instead of entering the battle with you straight in.

If someone ports to you in the middle of a battle with Youkai, two more Youkai will spawn immediately after he is defeated. 3 for the price of one will greatly increase your chances.

I think you have youkai confused with Akuji, as Akuji is the one that spawns 2 duplicates of him when you enter his dojo with 2 or more people.

For the O.P., it's the luck of the draw when it comes to items. Just keep trying at it and eventually you can get it.