Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is dragonspyre scary?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 27, 2010
likeluigi123 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
Hi people. OK, I'm not anywhere near dragonspyre ( I'm in crimson feilds in mooshu) but I sometimes I visit dragonspyre. But is dragonspyre scary. Because to me it's scary. And I'm worried when I get there I'll have nightmares. So is dragonspyre really scary?
no

K, umm. that answer didnt help. Lets see, If its the dragon skulls, the gousts, and the music that scares you. I prefer you playing with an older sibling or a parent. But if it is like creepy walking around then I think you should like play in the day time cause I feel more comfortable watching scary stuff in the light. Whats so scary about it anyway :P :D 8)

Survivor
Mar 27, 2009
melcookie925 wrote:
Hi people. OK, I'm not anywhere near dragonspyre ( I'm in crimson feilds in mooshu) but I sometimes I visit dragonspyre. But is dragonspyre scary. Because to me it's scary. And I'm worried when I get there I'll have nightmares. So is dragonspyre really scary?

Oh no, not really. :) It does seem a little ominous, though. After being in Dragonsypre for a while now, I can tell you that it's not really "scary" at all. Remember, Wizard 101 is a family game, mainly designed and geared towards kids and their parents. So I would highly doubt that KingsIsle would make something too scary, because it's a family game. Dragonspyre does seem dark and mysterious, that's the theme and it's a part of the storyline. Once you get there, though, it won't be as bad as you thought. If anything does scare you, you can always just turn off the sound and maybe play something different. That will definitely change the way you experience the game. But I think you will be alright, and just remember, it's a kid/family game. I hope I was able to help, and have fun! :)

Survivor
Apr 29, 2009
No it's not really scary. Just remember, it's just a game, nothing to worry about. The only thing that really scares me is the snow angel spell. The angel kind of creeps me out!

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
It depends how old you are (obviously I am not going to ask and I don't want you to tell me, because that would be rule violation! ). Anyways, DS is definetly not as lighthearted or fun as MS, KT, or even MB (elephant warriors, perpetually smiling lizards, and evil cats are rediculously awesome!). It's dark, and everyone there is a ghost, etc, etc, etc, but it is just an animated video game designed for kids of all ages, and I don't think it will give you nightmares, but I can't speak for you. The storyline of DS itself isn't very dark (most of it is consumed by the acquisition of admittance to the academy, and you get to raise a baby dragon!) and I'm sure you'll be fine. :-)

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
What makes you think it's scary? It's not like dragons are under your bed or something. Red is a happy color. Don't think too much. When you get into Dragonspyre, you'll understand the fun after you get to the quest to defeat Malistaire. It's fun. Trust me.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Abbigail623 wrote:
What makes you think it's scary? It's not like dragons are under your bed or something. Red is a happy color. Don't think too much. When you get into Dragonspyre, you'll understand the fun after you get to the quest to defeat Malistaire. It's fun. Trust me.

Yes he/ she is right about Ds not being scary. But from egyption mythology, red is a bad color (black is the good one). But don't freak out, a lot of ds is black, and a lot is red. So your fine. Yes you get to raise a dragon to go malistare's lair. Malistare won't get you in your sleep, (now that I see what I just said, I really should not have put that) its just a game.

Tips:
1: Relax, nothing can hurt you in the real world.
2: Take a break if you get scared.
3 If you get really scared, get an older sibling or adult to comfort you.

I hope I helped. Have fun in ds (when you get there)!
- Justin SandFlame lvl 45 thuamaturge/ Alex GhostShard lvl 20 sorcerer

Explorer
Jul 15, 2010