Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is dragonspyre scary?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
Hi people. OK, I'm not anywhere near dragonspyre ( I'm in crimson feilds in mooshu) but I sometimes I visit dragonspyre. But is dragonspyre scary. Because to me it's scary. And I'm worried when I get there I'll have nightmares. So is dragonspyre really scary?

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
melcookie925 wrote:
Hi people. OK, I'm not anywhere near dragonspyre ( I'm in crimson feilds in mooshu) but I sometimes I visit dragonspyre. But is dragonspyre scary. Because to me it's scary. And I'm worried when I get there I'll have nightmares. So is dragonspyre really scary?
no

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
melcookie925 wrote:

nah its not scary i am fearless nothing in this game is scary to me the scariest opponnet in the game is lady blackhope ( i'm not scared by her either ) why is blackhope scary? you ask its cause of her voice and that her neck is brocken and slanted dragonspyre isnt scary

hunter legendwraith level50 necromancer

Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
I wouldnt exactly say dragonspyre is "scary" it may be a little dark, depending on your age, and what you are used to seeing, but i wouldnt say scary. but if it does frighten you, it might help to turn off the sound and put on a happy song lol.

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
by the way dragonspyre is like the PERFECT war world the music is epic the envirement is war-like and the creatures where BORN for war

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
melcookie925 wrote:

Dragonspyre is not scary. It is a fun place with monsters, really mean monsters, which want to attack you. It is true that some of the monsters would break mirrors, if they looked in them (that's why they don't have mirrors in Dragonspyre anymore - they all broke - so many years of bad luck).

For your safety - Have happy thoughts and brush your teeth before you go to sleep. You should be alright. However, you might want to leave on a nightlight just in case - and don't forget to check under your bed and in the closet!!!! Then surround your bed with all of your wizard's pets before you close your eyes.

You should be relatively safe until you wake up.

What is scary is Zeke's avatar for the forum. Have you looked at his eyes? Those eyes are so menacing and intimidating. I think that he is in cahoots with Malistaire. I have nightmares of Zeke looming over me – checking my replies for spoilers and rejecting them. He looks like he has a nasty laugh.

Have fun!!! :) :) :)

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
rolo527 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:

Dragonspyre is not scary. It is a fun place with monsters, really mean monsters, which want to attack you. It is true that some of the monsters would break mirrors, if they looked in them (that's why they don't have mirrors in Dragonspyre anymore - they all broke - so many years of bad luck).

For your safety - Have happy thoughts and brush your teeth before you go to sleep. You should be alright. However, you might want to leave on a nightlight just in case - and don't forget to check under your bed and in the closet!!!! Then surround your bed with all of your wizard's pets before you close your eyes.

You should be relatively safe until you wake up.

What is scary is Zeke's avatar for the forum. Have you looked at his eyes? Those eyes are so menacing and intimidating. I think that he is in cahoots with Malistaire. I have nightmares of Zeke looming over me – checking my replies for spoilers and rejecting them. He looks like he has a nasty laugh.

Have fun!!! :) :) :)
lol

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
They recently made it easier, so it's no problem anymore. I'm in Dragonspyre and I do a whole lot of soloing just because it's really easy now.

-Saffron Mistbringer, Level 48 Necromancer

Explorer
Jul 23, 2009
Quite the contrary. Dragonspyre is funny a lot of the time because almost everyone there has a heavy accent of some sort! :P

Survivor
May 22, 2010
melcookie925 wrote:

It's not scary, I just want to get out of it as soon as possible. It's too dark and dull for me xD.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
I don't find it scary, but I think it depends on what you find scary and what you find non-scary. You might find spiders scary. There are spiders in Dragonspyre. You might not find spiders scary, so you can safely finish the spider quests. But in my opinion, Dragonspyre is not scary.

Brianna Wildblood
lvl57 Pyromancer

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
melcookie925 wrote:

No worries it's not scary. Nothing is scary in wizard101 considering it is a family game. Trust me you won't have bad dreams. Like someone said before, lady black hope is scarier than ds.

Explorer
Jun 11, 2010
izzi250 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:

nah its not scary i am fearless nothing in this game is scary to me the scariest opponnet in the game is lady blackhope ( i'm not scared by her either ) why is blackhope scary? you ask its cause of her voice and that her neck is brocken and slanted dragonspyre isnt scary

I dont think that dragonspyre is scary at all, and to me the scariest person and place in the game is the Grubb and Sunken City, and that isnt even scary, so you have nothing to worry about.
- Josh Dragonbreeze lvl 7 pyromancer

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
melcookie925 wrote:

did you ever see nightmere before christmas or tim burton movies or coraline? its kinda like them exept they dont look like there made of clay. its a bit dark at times but its still AWESOME oh by the way my freind told me that when ur doing the quest final countdown that it plays that old song, u know the one that goes like this, its the final countdown dandadan dadada dada with the synsyser. look up last spongee standing on u tube they play it in the backround and if ur a kid like me, it is not an inappropite video its just a montoge of clips from two diffrent sponge bob episodes and the sponge bob movie. its actullay kind of a cool video. i dont think that this is true beacause i was told this by a freind who claimed to have beat malistare last year with some othe necromacers, and that they were all about to lose but suddenly, merel ambrose popped up and saved them all by restoring there hp with his remaining life force or something. . i know right? she said that it was only beacause they were death so it wouldnt hapen to me. just curious.

Heather Wildflame lvl 17 pyro
cleaning up colussus and almost done with the pyramid of the sun.

Explorer
Jun 11, 2010
TROJAN250 wrote:
izzi250 wrote:
melcookie925 wrote:
Hi people. OK, I'm not anywhere near dragonspyre ( I'm in crimson feilds in mooshu) but I sometimes I visit dragonspyre. But is dragonspyre scary. Because to me it's scary. And I'm worried when I get there I'll have nightmares. So dragonspyre really scary?

I dont think that dragonspyre is scary at all, and to me the scariest person and place in the game is the Grubb and Sunken City, and that isnt even scary, so you have nothing to worry about.
- Josh Dragonbreeze lvl 7 pyromancer
Sorry I meant to say lvl 47 pyromancer

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
I'm past DS now and it wasn't that scary. I don't think I had any nightmares...... But still it was my least favorite world and sometimes it creeped me out. But now I'm ok.

melcookie925
Tee hee. I love making things different colors. :P

Defender
Oct 04, 2009
Dragonspire scary?
Okay i guess its a bit scarry compared to the other worlds it is based on a failed civilation (i SO spelled that wring ) where everything is in ruwens and everyone is goust though i dont find it scarry i find it sad that some misguided lords caused the end of such a amazing and rich in culcher world :(
i dont think its scarry unless you think about what a dragon tition or something a little more atomic could do to our world ...........

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
yes. it is a dreaded horrible wretched place of evil. hide your eyes and do not look for what you see may make you go blind by the crude devestating sight of your war-bound enemies, on the blood-drenched battlefields of the darkest world known to wizard-kind. Here your enemies screech in joy at the scent of flesh and new battles. there is nothing more dreaded then this world. Nah just kidding never been to dragonspyre but they wouldn't make any world that scary if its for kids. though you sound pretty young since you'd be scared of a game like this.

Explorer
May 09, 2011
No, it's not really scary? Only scary if you aren't prepared for battle, and get sucked into battles in the street, then yeah, it is scary, you will lose in combat if you aren't prepared for battles, but that's another type of scary! But, no the voices/music/theme is not scary at all! It's pretty fun! :D

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
No, not really. It's just full of lava and ghosts that look just like humans, but a LITTLE clear.

Survivor
Oct 29, 2010
melcookie925 wrote:

I'm still on Grizzlehiem but my higher level friends always bring my there. The music is kinda freaky and so is the monsters are so to. I think the thing that makes it so scary is the past of Dragonspyre.
Caitlin Silverblade lv. 20 (Adept Sorcerer)

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
melcookie925 wrote:

Well, my little sister watched me play work in dragonspyre and she saw those draconions and she cried. She was 3. So if you're 3 then i say yes. Possibly. If not and over 10 years old, then you might find it awesome. So my answer is no, not scary. But still, keep a picture of Merle Ambrose on top of your bed on the wall so when malistaire comes to your room from dragonspyre, ambrose will fight him for you. Watch out...

Have a great time in DragonSpyre!

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
Depends on how old you are, well ur supposed to be 10+ to play the game, but it's a family game....I got my mom into it for a while, but as soon as she got to level 20 (BOOM!) she stopped because the quests got a little harder. The good thing is that she got a family membership so I got it too. HeeHee...

Master Pyromancer, level 44, Allison DawnBringer

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Dark...yes, but scary? Well, not for the average 10 year old, but younger players may want to be careful. Here are my tips:

For 10 and up:
1. Just think positive, always think "I can do this, no problem!"
2. Get some friends to help
3. If all else fails turn off the sound and think of something happy

For the younger player:
1. If you have an older brother or sister who plays the game, get them to give you tips. Older friends can write them down for you or call you on the phone.
2. See 2 and 3 for 10 and up

Don't feel bad if you're a little afraid. Everyones afraid of something! Except Chuck Norris...