Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Possible way to fix ranking problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 11, 2010
First thing i'd like to say, i'm not here to complain, i'm here to say a way to fix a problem period. I for one find myself being captain, thinking: " so close to commander. I CAN'T WAIT ," so i duel. I'll go into a fight and what do i find, a person with 30% resist. I notice this person is also a captain. I of course loose because the simple reason, this person has arena gear.

So how do we fix this? My idea: we stick with the same rankings,but we add a bit more. If you have a resist of 20 ( maybe not 20 ) or more you will be put in the arena gear section and will duel other players with about the same resist. This rule only counts for 1v1. So like my idea?

Caleb Spiritfist 50 Balance

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I don't mind if they have high resists as such resists often mean that their attack damage percent is quite low. My high damage percent storm is simply going to cut through that extra sheilding protection as if it wasn't even there, while their low damage percent attacks are going to leave me standing.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
namelol wrote:
First thing i'd like to say, i'm not here to complain, i'm here to say a way to fix a problem period. I for one find myself being captain, thinking: " so close to commander. I CAN'T WAIT ," so i duel. I'll go into a fight and what do i find, a person with 30% resist. I notice this person is also a captain. I of course loose because the simple reason, this person has arena gear.

So how do we fix this? My idea: we stick with the same rankings,but we add a bit more. If you have a resist of 20 ( maybe not 20 ) or more you will be put in the arena gear section and will duel other players with about the same resist. This rule only counts for 1v1. So like my idea?

What about ice wizards there grandmaster clothes natrually give them 20 resist so now they have to go in the arena gear section?

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
Why dont you just make it where if you have arena gear you go to a part for arena gear.
If you have stuff you've won from the game some other way you fight against ppl who've done the same.

Then there's no real unfairness in whats natural and whats made for arena

Survivor
May 11, 2010
foulsteel wrote:
namelol wrote:

What about ice wizards there grandmaster clothes natrually give them 20 resist so now they have to go in the arena gear section?
I said, maybe not 20, I was thinking the same thing as you. I for one would find it unfair to ice, I simply thought 20 might be a good place to start.

Survivor
May 11, 2010
HellsOvercast wrote:
Why dont you just make it where if you have arena gear you go to a part for arena gear.
If you have stuff you've won from the game some other way you fight against ppl who've done the same.

Then there's no real unfairness in whats natural and whats made for arena
Thats what i'mtrying to say. But, I didn't want a person with only the robe to be fighting someone with about the robe and shoes or head. Get my point?