Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets ugh

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
well I hate to say this but i am very dissapointed in the hatching of pets .
My husband and I played the stupid traing games that takes forever to train our pets to epic.
I with the Earthwalker and my husband with the diseased wild calw
I got his wildclaw and SO DID HE this is very discouraging needles to say he was Very dissapointed!
now the other day i FINALLY got the rarest pet to have dropped in the whole game
lanthine spectre from the gurtok demon (whew what a long battel)
I looked up on line and it says that as a baby it has ability to use the card it comes with And it dont what really is the point of getting a rare pet such as this for it not to do what it is supposed to. do i really have to get it all the way to epic befor it does? this prosses again is just to long and BORING .
now we have hatched my new pet with his storm school dino. I got the same lanthine spectre we do not know what his is yet takes 17 hours to hatch oh come on isnt this to long? i do have to say that the price was not to bad 47 thou. we really thought it would be more expensive that is how we were abel to hatch both pets.
sorry so long winded but as i said we are very dissapointed in the pets traing and hatching.

Hero
May 02, 2009
The Ianthine spectre gives an animate card at baby, which lets you summon a minion of death depending on how many pips you have when you use the card. Yes some pets have the ability to cast a certain spell, but if they do get that ability, its rare that they will cast it.

Also, only level 48 pets and promo pets can make hybrid pets. Hatching any other pet wont give you a hybrid, but a chance that you'll get the stats of the pet you hatched with.

Maybe you just didn't look hard enough for information about this, as this has been stated a TON of times in the past.

Sorry if this sounded kinda mean, but again, this has been stated many, many times before in the past.

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
imacyndi wrote:

I got his wildclaw and SO DID HE this is very discouraging needles to say he was Very dissapointed!

Yes. That's the way parenting and birthing works.
I'm sure Henry VIII was very disappointed that he was only able to father girls.
There are 4 possible results from Hatching with L48 pets.
The result you experienced is a reasonable possibility and should be expected.

now the other day i FINALLY got the lanthine Spectre
I looked up on line and it says that as a baby it has ability to use the card it comes with. do i really have to get it all the way to epic befor it does?

It gives a card at Baby that the wizard can play. When the wizard plays the card, the pet will animate and cast it.

I got the same lanthine spectre we do not know what his is yet takes 17 hours to hatch
Check the Dye Shop in Wizard City to see what the pet will be.

sorry so long winded but as i said we are very dissapointed in the pets training and hatching.
Seems like you should learn more about how the system works so that you will have more realistic expectations.