Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Really?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 17, 2009
Why is it that Selena Gomez a Disney star is Wizard101's guest? She isn't even that magical! She is just on a show for twelve year old girls. Let's get someone who actually is amazing in magic and in a movie, and not in a little child show.

Thomas Swiftthistle Grandmaster Ice.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
eioofh wrote:
Why is it that Selena Gomez a Disney star is Wizard101's guest? She isn't even that magical! She is just on a show for twelve year old girls. Let's get someone who actually is amazing in magic and in a movie, and not in a little child show.

hey dude just be happy they got a super star thats just your own opinion and noone cares what you think about selena

Survivor
Feb 08, 2010
This subject matter, (Selena Gomez in the game), has been brought up many times in many forums. Whether you agree with what KingsIsle is doing or not, it is important to note that this quest is NOT required as part of a main storyline. I doubt it will give that much experience as it is a limited time quest, so if you do not want to do it, you do not have to do it. However, if you are a subscriber/crown buyer, it would be a good idea to check out the test realm. In the test realm, you can try out swimming and fighting crab and fish monsters, a sort of preview of Celestia.
Whether KingsIsle plans on including more celebrities in the future, I am not certain, but this is mainly a quest for the younger/non-paying players. I, personally, would have been thrilled to be able to do this quest all the months I was a free-to-play player, just to be able to do more without paying. :-)
Hope something I wrote helps!

Alura WinterSong Grand Ice
Iridian Stormstalker Magus Storm
Devin Drakebreaker Magus Death
Rylee Mythpyre Magus Myth

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
eioofh wrote:

Well, this is a KIDS game you know. Older players just happen to also play too.....

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
eioofh wrote:

i agree

Explorer
Jan 27, 2009
W101 is primarily a kid's game. It makes sense that they would have an actress/singer from a kid's show about wizards. It's not that hard to understand.

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
I actually kind of LIKE that they got Selena Gomez in here, seeing as this IS a kids game, so having a character who the players will be familiar with is a good thing.

The only thing I dislike is how they have:
MEET SELENA GOMEZ

In big bold print EVERYWHERE on ANYTHING wizard101, and yet when you DO get to her, its not really her, its a recording of her talking and singing, which is nice, but I find that fairly misleading to some of the younger players who will go onto the test realm, all exited because they think they will meet Selena, and then its not really her.

Overall, getting Selena to be involved was an AWESOME idea, I just dislike how they where being somewhat misleading with their text.

Fiona Starcatcher~Grandmaster Necromancer
Jessie~The wraith, soon to be overlord of all living and dead.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
I hope they'll add more celebrities like Selena Gomez. With such a wide player base there are so many marketing opportunities.

Explorer
Jun 30, 2009
eioofh wrote:

Ok. First off, it has nothing to do with wizards of waverly place. Its about her new music album. Second off, this IS a kids game. Finally, " lets get someone who actually is amazing in magic ". When you find a real wizard in real life, tell me.