Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Loving Myth, Deck Construction Help

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 21, 2010
So i have been really enjoying my Myth wizard as of late. I was originally Pyro and Storm but that wizard only lasted me till level 12 and i was bored with him. So far i have really enjoyed Myth and have solo'd the entire game so far and im level 30 in Marleybone.

I have Ice up to Tower Shield and Life so far. Taking life to Satyr, i believe.

Im open to other recommendations for what other schools to grab cards from. I hear everyone saying Death to feint. Balance to weakness (I have the amulet that gives 2 30% weakness cards) Any other idea's? Should i go for death to feint first, or continue life till Satyr?

Next question. So far i have been working with a small, fast strike, deck. 2 traps, 2 blades, 2 sprite, 2 pixie, 4 Frog, 2 Cyclops. 5 cards from wand, i have been wearing the Vampire necklace, so 1 Vampire card. This have given me the ability to (as long as i don't fizzle, or the boss doesn't go first and drop a weakness on me same turn) generally take down bosses within 6-8 turns no problem. The bosses in Marleybone have more HP so the round count is going up now, but otherwise i can farm previous bosses in a few short turns just about every time.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else should be in my deck. I have been feeling a bit of a strain keeping what i have, going. So im thinking a change is coming up and much needed. But where to go from here is what i need help with.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Whoa! Don't go up to feint in death, no way. Later on once you get minotaur you will see that trapping is not something to waste time on with myth. Given its spells like minotaur, earthquake and Orthrus, you would be better off sticking with time of legend spells and blades. Get spirit blade from the balance tree in Krokotopia. And just get an infection. If you decide to go arena sometime best defense against other myth would be to train for a myth dispel.

But now that you are myth, try to break a habit of trapping if you have one. It isn't needed for myth.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2010
My thing is i havent been using my minions all that much. I have more recently began using my 0-pip minion since he attacks pretty much EVERY turn for a minimum of 90 damage. As for the rest of my minions, i just havent found them to be super efficient. Yes my cyclops will heal me here or there, but not as often as i'd like. My troll does the job sometimes too. But in the time it took me to get pips up to make them worth while, i could've almost had a humungofrog, or a few turns away from Minotaur.

I am level 35 now. I have Ice to Tower Shield and Life to Satyr. Wondering where my points should go next. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Yes i still have to grab the spirit and elemental blades. So thats 2 points.

So is it a general rule of thumb that Myth wizards should stop using traps after minotaur? I do have Time of Legends, of course. 2 pips though? Hmm. Guess i'll have to start working it in there if its really a good rule to follow.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
By now you start with more than one pip, so Time of Legend is a very good way to go near the start of battle. I also like to toss outa 0-pip minion....free attacks while I build up pips, and it creates a threat rating to draw attacks from you.

Have you gotten spirit blade yet? Spirit blade plus myth blade with the Time of Legend will about double your attack.

My own feeling is that you might get items to boost power pip percentage, and just toss the heavy hitters as often as possible. If you can get to say, 50%, you could:
round 1) 0-pip Minion
round 2) Time of Legend
round 3) Myth Blade
round 4) Spirit Blade
round 5) Minotaur
(you should have 1-2 pips left at this point if you need to heal)
repeat 3-5, tossing out a heal if necessary or a minion as nexessary to distract.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Chris41279 wrote:
My thing is i havent been using my minions all that much. I have more recently began using my 0-pip minion since he attacks pretty much EVERY turn for a minimum of 90 damage. As for the rest of my minions, i just havent found them to be super efficient. Yes my cyclops will heal me here or there, but not as often as i'd like. My troll does the job sometimes too. But in the time it took me to get pips up to make them worth while, i could've almost had a humungofrog, or a few turns away from Minotaur.

I am level 35 now. I have Ice to Tower Shield and Life to Satyr. Wondering where my points should go next. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Yes i still have to grab the spirit and elemental blades. So thats 2 points.

So is it a general rule of thumb that Myth wizards should stop using traps after minotaur? I do have Time of Legends, of course. 2 pips though? Hmm. Guess i'll have to start working it in there if its really a good rule to follow.

I don't mean traps are not effective, they certainly do help but with myth, trapping can take a lot of time. And it is because of your minions as well as minotaur, earthquake and orthrus that your trapping could be a problem if your minion ruins it.

In regards to your minions, try to get used to your cyclops and troll more. The living puppet is definitely my favorite minion but it's joke of a health is a poor spot. i mean at least give it 100 haha.

Well, yeah your living puppet is a side cannon constantly firing off shots to make up for its awful health.

The problem with the cyclops is that it does pass a lot I agree, but you are stlll at a level where you dont have good enough gear to really increase your power pip percentage. Once you get near grand and get better gear you will get power pips pretty fast. So you wont have to worry so much about your troll and cyclops costing you 4 or 3 pips because 2 power pips will shorten that for you. And the health of the cyclops at 4 pips is pretty decent.

Myth is a pretty slow school when it comes to hitting hard which is why we have the minions, they really add good damage. Just play with them more and pack in those minotaurs. Once you get to a high enough level replace your cyclops attack card with humungofrogs only. Remember your power pips will help take care of the cost of your spells. Keep the living puppets and other minions in your deck and adjust to your playing style. Just be wary of how you use traps if you still want to use them. And learn to work with your minions, especially the cyclops. if you see him using a cyclops spell then give him a blade if you cant do anything. Or carry a storm wand to bust the storm shields for his shark attack. If you work with your cyclops, the pay offs are bigger. But it is up to you.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2010
Im 38 now and just received my Minotaur minion. Should i use him over my Cyclops minion? He only costs 3 pips, versus up to 4 for the Cyclops. Just wondering.

Your supposed to get training points every 4 levels correct? Im currently incapable of getting spirit blade cause im waiting on my next training point which im sure i should have already received. I could be wrong.

As for my power pips, im at 31% i think right now. Im thinking adding 19% power pip chance might be a bit hard for me at the moment. I have been focusing on adding Health/Accuracy/Damage, so far in my gear choices. I have an added 8% myth accuracy and 16% myth damage with an extra 590 HP for a total of 1800+.

I haven't really been using my cyclops attack card much. I have honestly been using Humungofrog like crazy as often as possible. It has become my staple damage dealer in all fights except against Myth opponents.

I started using Time of Legends every chance yesterday. So if all worked out, i would drop Time of Legends, then 0 pip minion, Myth Blade, two wand attacks, then Frog unless i received a power pip the frog would then come out earlier. So around 6 turns would do the job if the frog hit hard enough to kill. Its at the point though that the frog isnt doing enough damage. So im going to NEED to get spirit blade asap in order for his damage to equal the health of my current targets.

I really appreciate the responses, it has helped me out a great deal.

Im thinking about taking my posts over to Wizard101Central, this waiting on post approval for a day or so is kind of rough and wears the patience thin lol. I'll still post here too i guess, its just a pain.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
CorbinW wrote:
Chris41279 wrote:

I don't mean traps are not effective, they certainly do help but with myth, trapping can take a lot of time. And it is because of your minions as well as minotaur, earthquake and orthrus that your trapping could be a problem if your minion ruins it.

In regards to your minions, try to get used to your cyclops and troll more. The living puppet is definitely my favorite minion but it's joke of a health is a poor spot. i mean at least give it 100 haha.

Well, yeah your living puppet is a side cannon constantly firing off shots to make up for its awful health.

The problem with the cyclops is that it does pass a lot I agree, but you are stlll at a level where you dont have good enough gear to really increase your power pip percentage. Once you get near grand and get better gear you will get power pips pretty fast. So you wont have to worry so much about your troll and cyclops costing you 4 or 3 pips because 2 power pips will shorten that for you. And the health of the cyclops at 4 pips is pretty decent.

Myth is a pretty slow school when it comes to hitting hard which is why we have the minions, they really add good damage. Just play with them more and pack in those minotaurs. Once you get to a high enough level replace your cyclops attack card with humungofrogs only. Remember your power pips will help take care of the cost of your spells. Keep the living puppets and other minions in your deck and adjust to your playing style. Just be wary of how you use traps if you still want to use them. And learn to work with your minions, especially the cyclops. if you see him using a cyclops spell then give him a blade if you cant do anything. Or carry a storm wand to bust the storm shields for his shark attack. If you work with your cyclops, the pay offs are bigger. But it is up to you.

I some what disagree with you. If you are soloing with myth it is well worth double downing on traps. It takes a while, but you will more than likely kill with the one spell, thus not needing the minions.

If fighting with a group or using your minions, I wouldn't worry about using them, since (depending on the minion) they will use your traps.

I very seldom use my minions, so placing traps has helped a lot.

I only wished that I had a better understanding of the game when I first started my myth. If I had to do it again, I would go with Life til satyr than death to feint. I really don't see the use of balance (no disrespect to balance wizards - have a GM myself). Except for weekness, don't see how it can empower you.

Storm is also another good choice for myth.

Suri Spiritrider, LV 50 Myth
Rylee Legendrunner, LV 50 Balance
Morgan Darkshade, LV 50 Death
Sarah Icebreath, LV 50 ICE
Jordan Silvercaster, LV 50 Storm
Rowan Emeraldweaver, LV 38 Life

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Survivor
May 09, 2010
Just a few things to add to the excellent points above.
From 40 up, for none myth bosses i use the cyclops. With the myth bubble (Time of legend), buffing and shielding him he tanks the boss until i can cast two back to back fully buffed doggies on the boss (after i have killed the helper). In that time he has done at least1400 damage himself, so most bosses are down at that point. The 0 pip buff minion or shield minion only treasure cards are very cheap to buy, and work well with that deck. I buy one as treasure cards, and put the other in the main deck. Stick in a few minion heal cards.

For non boss battles the 0 pip minion and the frog still rules. Knowing the most efficient way to get the amount of damage you need with the different number of frog castings is key. With a high power pip percentage, just figuring out how to buff them fast enough and not wast power pips on the spirit sword, or have a lot of pips left over at the end can be frustrating. This is where time of legend really shines. Make a small frog deck and play with it. If you always get power pips all you have time for is casting a regular sword between each frog, for the most efficient battle. But then most everything is dead in three frogs.