Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Disconnected every few minutes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
For some reason, I am having a big problem with disconnect. I am getting the disconnect symbol occuring in the bottom right corner every 5 to 10 minutes. My connection has been checked out by my cable company and appears to be fine. This occuring of course makes it impossible to get anywhere on a quest or even a single long fight in the bigger realms. I am never all the way cut off either. My screen turns white, then back to the fight or where ever i am, then all my side items are gone, like health meter and crown shop. If i was walking i can no longer move, if in a fight my cards disappear and i can't do anything. I can't bring up a menu when i hit escape. But i think all these items are still there, i can just no longer see them. Cause i can hear the same noises when i click on something that i normally do, just nothing happens it seems. And my wife is having the same problem on her laptop as well, making me think was the connection, but if it was it should happen at the same time, but never has. Please help if you have any ideas. I posted this because I couldn't seem to find the problem anywhere else on the forums.

We have the tech support you need, but we need more information from you!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com.
The email you send from should be the same as the email on your Wizard101 account.

Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.